11/29/17 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

gunsguy

Gnr have re-established themselves, and to be apart for those many years and still pull off what they have done is amazing! I not only hope for an album, I expect it. Axl, slash, duff and ‘all’ the band members have always been my Rocky, my bugs bunny / three stooges marathon on a Friday night after grade school hell, they have all the money one man could need and they still said ‘ fuck yeah’!! That’s the spirit and attitude that the band was founded on, they may not call themselves ‘proffesionals’ but dammit I will , I believe now more than ever!! We got Star Wars next month and come spring the boys are still gonna be touring ( that is a major sign to me , a true believer , like all of my great and passionate board members , who kept me up when I wanted to be down and lost hope, like Princess Leia said “ Hope is all we hav/ had, had a bad week at work ( lost a co - worker ) thank u guys , and gnr family🤒

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

To add to the voice discussion...i don’t think anyone expected a 90’s Axl to appear out of nowhere. But many of us have been saying for over a year that Axl needs to prepare his voice for these broadcast. As we’ve heard there are moments in songs on the soundboard that will leave anyone scratching their head as to how a professional singer sounds that bad. 

On the plus side i was surprised with some of his performances Bc I‎t was much better than what I’d heard all year. He’s exhausted vocally though, it’s the end of a long tour. He can do better but he did try and give I‎t extra on the 29th...i always appreciate the effort. He’s just gotta change up his vocal style on certain songs. That will make a big difference 

Hindsight is 20/20. I think all of us collectively lost our minds in cheering for Axl. 

I skipped through the performance the morning after and was wildly impressed with what I heard. Now I'm starting to think that my opinion was colored by what I read on here before I listened. 

I'm almost scared to go back and check it out again now lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Towelie said:

To be fair, he sounded pretty good on Better. What's the weird thing he does now on "now I know you better, now we all know better"? He's changed the way he sings it and it sounds... odd. Anyone else notice this?

I think it sounds awesome. It’s reminiscent of his Down on the Farm voice and is straight up badass.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Hindsight is 20/20. I think all of us collectively lost our minds in cheering for Axl. 

I skipped through the performance the morning after and was wildly impressed with what I heard. Now I'm starting to think that my opinion was colored by what I read on here before I listened. 

I know you have a good system Russ give it a test down there if you like the concert you will like this. Yeah Axls a bit out of time in spots and a bit Mickey but over all I think it sounds great.

The sound quality and mix could be the best from any gnr show I have heard. If you don't like at least some of it you probably shouldn't be on this forum :rolleyes::thumbsup:

This how I rate it

The band a 9/10 dizzy has a few problems and frank the rest of the band pretty good and most this stuff a casual fan wouldn't even pick up on

Axl 8/10 over all most songs pretty good some like Yesterdays and YCBM PC not so good but that's standard songs like Estranged start well but struggles on the 2nd part  Rocket queen the other way around all standard stuff 

Mix/Quailty 9.5/10 great I think for what it is a recording of the internet with a mobile phone. If I had the master it would be a 10/10 :thumbsup:

So the overall show 8/10

It's so easy/Mr Brownstone standard stuff 8.5/10 just warming up

CD kick arse I think 9.5/10

Wttj first couple lines bit off but after that the bands on fire 9/10

Dtj 8.5/10

Better 7.5/ 10

Estranged 8/10

Lad 7.5

Citr 7/10

Rq 7.5/10

Sorry 9/10

Ycbm 7/10

Til 8.5/10

Prostitute 8/10 has potential

Side note Richard and Slash play together better then I first thought

And so on mate

Spoiler

This was done under the inference :lol::headbang: 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

To be fair, he sounded pretty good on Better. What's the weird thing he does now on "now I know you better, now we all know better"? He's changed the way he sings it and it sounds... odd. Anyone else notice this?

Been doing it for while before the Apollo show

5 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

4:40 on he goes into a better vocal. Loved that last bit wish he could find that voice for a full song 

Yeah not a fan of Axl on this one but I think Sorry sound pretty apart from when he fucks up the outro like he does most shows

Edited by Gibbo

2 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I think Axl had some shots of alcohol. What do you think?

Yep thats why at the end you hear some one brings him out one empty. Probably think he's had enough. Probably over the driving limit but pretty happy thats probably why he doesn't shut up all show :D

Edited by Gibbo

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

And why not cheer for Axl?  He sounded good by his 2017 standards on many songs on the night, he easily gave it all he had.  He didn't half-ass any of it for four fucking hours.  You know?  Effort alone is worthy of a cheer imo.  I'm not one for praising Axl's vocals but c'mon, give credit where it's due.  

Yes, he sounded awful on other songs, but what can you do?   Well, what I do is ignore Axl on those songs and concentrate on the band and Slash.  TWAT - Axl was terrible but holy fuck Slash killed those solos.  How can I possibly dwell on how Axl sounds when Slash is finally nailing Robin's solo after 8 attempts! and then takes Buckethead's incredible solo and smashes it?  What a moment that was - I was cheering for Slash too.

With GNR, you just have to take the good with the bad.  Overall, I thought Axl and the band did a bloody good job. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

Tommy used to sing that part live, and now since he's gone and no one else is doing it, Axl decided to do it himself

Edited by TheSeeker

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

And why not cheer for Axl?  He sounded good by his 2017 standards on many songs on the night, he easily gave it all he had.  He didn't half-ass any of it for four fucking hours.  You know?  Effort alone is worthy of a cheer imo.  I'm not one for praising Axl's vocals but c'mon, give credit where it's due.  

Oh I didn't mean to insinuate that we shouldn't root for him. Hell, I've been rooting for him since like 1994 lol. I just think people like myself get a little carried away when he does something remotely good :lol:

I Love how this recording has fortus guitars nice and loud in the mix, it really showcases how strong and cool his interpretations of all of the songs in the set are. Particularly love his work in Rocket Queen. Without question the best rhythm guitarist GNR has ever had, second only to Izzy in that hiarchy in my view. So talented

His guitar is nice and distorted and raunchy sounding, just as a GNR rhythm guitar should sound, unlike the lame more clean sounding work Gilby  produced live back in the 90’s, for example, and better IMO than any rhythm guitar work of any of the other more recent contributors provided

Edited by jordaan1
  • Like 1

Does anyone knows if Fortus plays along with Slash in Only Women Bleed? It’s like there’s another guitar playing along at some points. I know that Slash use that 12 strings guitar but still..sounds different.

Edited by Derick
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, fernomenoyde said:

Another video with The Forum audio (and some of the footage):

Guns N' Roses | Out Ta Get Me | NITLT Tour (soundboard-multicam)
-----------
Audio: Live at The Forum, LA 29/11/2017 (SBD)
Multicam editing by: Fernomenoyde
Original videos by: Cal Vid, Markit Aneight, Master Gorlock & Eyes Of Rust  . Three cheers for them!

That is killer! 

• Like 1