11/29/17 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum

gunsguy

3 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I KNOW.  Sorry for caps, genuinely EXCITED.  :dance:    I knew he nailed Robin's solo from the first few notes because he's never played the first notes right.  I think I might have been holding my breath listening to the rest of it.  Just awesome awesome awesome.

ME TOO!  haha!  Talk about leaving us wanting more!  Wonder if he was reading your posts?

Also, I can see: auto corrected from "sleep" lol.  Im so pumped!!!!

• Haha 1

Listening to the soundboard and I've just completed November Rain.

Axl is so funny. During the song when the piano is all whack, he says "Sorry about that, I spilled a bunch of shit" :lol: then when he finishes the song he goes, "It was either that or be slipping and sliding on the whole next part, so I felt you would understand. See, because we're friends here, right? ...Not really? Okay, I'm sorry. I'm playing, fuck" lololol I just love chatty Axl :P

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

A thousand thank yous and dolphins.  I am ecstatic you have done this for us.  I've been at work all day and night and not been able to listen to a single song until now.  First thing I did when I got home was head to your channel.  I've settled in for the rest of the night, finally getting to listen to this wonderful last GNR show and I couldn't be happier.  :hahafyou: Thank you so much!

Yeah, i’m very happy that our stream worked the way it did. Unfortunately, there were some problems at the beginning, but after Better it didnt stop once.

Fun fact: there was for hype for the Apollo show. We got 3000 viewers at the same time and at this one, around 500.

Unpopular opinion i know, but i stayed up all night to catch the stream as it was live. From the very start it sounded rushed, trying to make up for time, and axl kept missing or not even singing lines, during brownstone on the chorus, and overall besides reshuffling the setlist and playing some songs that they have played on this tour from CD, i just dont get the love. Like ok yeah its now the longest GNR show ever, and we got it with slash and duff, but Axl sounded like shit. The songs he normally kills on (as in his lower register) even sounded off. And rasp it up all you want to how ol maddy or out to get me sounded, i as a fan demand more. Not the best of sloppiness and a half decent setlist. Just my thoughts

I've listened to parts of the sound board probably 80% of the show now and i'm blown away. I saw them in Hartford (first time prostitute was played with slash) and thought it was great. this blows it out of the water. Probably the best show on the current tour. We should all be honored to be living int he same time period as them. nobody plays for almost 4 hours. Tickets were expensive but i feel as though i got my moneys worth. So great to see slash and duff back. Fortus compliments slash great and frank still sucks but deserves props for getting out ta get me back on the set. what a show. i think we will all be talking about this one for years. 

19 minutes ago, Jonnyryan said:

Unpopular opinion i know, but i stayed up all night to catch the stream as it was live. From the very start it sounded rushed, trying to make up for time, and axl kept missing or not even singing lines, during brownstone on the chorus, and overall besides reshuffling the setlist and playing some songs that they have played on this tour from CD, i just dont get the love. Like ok yeah its now the longest GNR show ever, and we got it with slash and duff, but Axl sounded like shit. The songs he normally kills on (as in his lower register) even sounded off. And rasp it up all you want to how ol maddy or out to get me sounded, i as a fan demand more. Not the best of sloppiness and a half decent setlist. Just my thoughts

Not a terrible opinion. These live soundboards will be a bit sloppy on any band consisting of more than 3 musicians...gnr is like an orchestra so there’s a lot going on. Axl is going to sound raw, this isn’t a mix like an official release where it’s polished properly.

however i agree Axl was off on quite a few songs. He doesn’t use a good style of vocal on Estranged, YCBM, nr, SCOM, and many parts of other songs are just outright terrible. 

Lots of effort last night and in comparison to the rest of 17 I’d say that’s why people were excited. I‎t was a good effort but many of the songs need to get reworked vocally. He can sound better but uses this weak voice that has nothing on I‎t. 

Band sounded good. Some timing issues but for a 30+ song set I‎t was decent 

7 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Not a terrible opinion. These live soundboards will be a bit sloppy on any band consisting of more than 3 musicians...gnr is like an orchestra so there’s a lot going on. Axl is going to sound raw, this isn’t a mix like an official release where it’s polished properly.

however i agree Axl was off on quite a few songs. He doesn’t use a good style of vocal on Estranged, YCBM, nr, SCOM, and many parts of other songs are just outright terrible. 

Lots of effort last night and in comparison to the rest of 17 I’d say that’s why people were excited. I‎t was a good effort but many of the songs need to get reworked vocally. He can sound better but uses this weak voice that has nothing on I‎t. 

Band sounded good. Some timing issues but for a 30+ song set I‎t was decent 

For the songs that are both staple and no problem zone  there was problems. Whatever the reason for the delay it effecfed the first few songs. Way too rushed. Axl has and will sound better on those songs but last night it was half and half. He struggled big time on the last bit of patience which he always nails. Like dont get e wrong, this tour, this linenup has been a dream come true. I just 5hink that there maybe a real possibility that Axl fucked his voice up for good with ACDC(who i loved) and is just trying to see the tour to its end. Like its either he shot his voice godlike doong acdc gigs are he doesnt care or wants a new album. And anyone who doesnt care, a 4 hour show is a tall order. So as of now i dont know what to believe or expect. And thats prop what the band wants haha

18 minutes ago, Jonnyryan said:

For the songs that are both staple and no problem zone  there was problems. Whatever the reason for the delay it effecfed the first few songs. Way too rushed. Axl has and will sound better on those songs but last night it was half and half. He struggled big time on the last bit of patience which he always nails. Like dont get e wrong, this tour, this linenup has been a dream come true. I just 5hink that there maybe a real possibility that Axl fucked his voice up for good with ACDC(who i loved) and is just trying to see the tour to its end. Like its either he shot his voice godlike doong acdc gigs are he doesnt care or wants a new album. And anyone who doesnt care, a 4 hour show is a tall order. So as of now i dont know what to believe or expect. And thats prop what the band wants haha

They’ve rushed songs all tour. My Michelle shouldn’t be under 3 min long. When I‎t comes to ACDC Axl will sound great. I don’t think there’s any doubt about that. Axl didn’t sound amazing before acdc and he wasn’t perfect after. It’s the way in which he went after learning acdc songs, plus he is well aware people don’t like the Mickey vocals so acdc is strong and gnr is his thing..he controls the show and if he wants to not work on timing and sing how he wants he can. 

I just think when you hear the soundboard it’s almost too raw. It’s going to be sloppy at times. It’s nice to hear for the hardcore fans but i still agree with you on I‎t not being as great a performance as some feel I‎t was 

So happy for Axl that he delivered some magnificent vocals last night. And also Slash killed it. He was way sloppier when the tour started but last night he was incredible. The first half of his solo, pure class... Who the fuck plays for 4 hours these days ? Brilliant! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, soon said:

Just listened to There Was A Time and Slash nailed those solos!  Im so pumped by his brilliant performance I may not be able to sleep tonight!!!!

how do you know he played the solos? when he doesnt play many of the solos from Chidem?, or most of them, Fortus does, Slash delegates himself? to rhythm for those songs usually...

15 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

fuckin' legends

Sebastian Bach hanging out with Axl backstage at the show last night. It really is like old times... 

Love Bach, too bad he didnt join for My Michelle. Bach has the Steven Tyler syndrome, he's slowly turning to an old gypsy woman, lol. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ASLayerAODsk said:

how do you know he played the solos? when he doesnt play many of the solos from Chidem?, or most of them, Fortus does, Slash delegates himself? to rhythm for those songs usually...

It's easy to hear who plays what. Fortus is always panned to the left and Slash to the right.