09/23/17 - Rio de Janeiro, BR - Rock In Rio Festival

gunsguy

It was what it was. Don't think it was half as bad as what some people on here were making it out to be. Wish every song was performed like Nightrain, but again it is what it is. Coma was a danger zone but I think we all expected that from the start. They went out there for 3 1/2 hours which is a really long time for any band, much less a band in their 50's. I wish we could've gotten Dead Horse or So Fine, but we should be used to it. These guys are still legends, and are still my favorite. 

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If this and its attendant criticisms has gone viral on the internet, among the mainstream regular people that is and not guns nerds, expect a mention of ''strep throat'' to emanate from HQ.

Sadly, already happening

"That voice ... is not the same anymore | Return of old members saved Guns's show of Axl's disastrous voice"

Edited by rendestroi95
typo

1 minute ago, GNRfanJen said:

It was what it was. Don't think it was half as bad as what some people on here were making it out to be. Wish every song was performed like Nightrain, but again it is what it is. Coma was a danger zone but I think we all expected that from the start. They went out there for 3 1/2 hours which is a really long time for any band, much less a band in their 50's. I wish we could've gotten Dead Horse or So Fine, but we should be used to it. These guys are still legends, and are still my favorite. 

TBH it was double the length of most other headliners this past week and even more than double than say Timberlake's set !! 
Axl needs to change around the set to change up his vocal patterns and habits...
Also, i'm sorry but I'm REALLY disappointed Feel Good wasn't in the set...it would of given us some extra rasp people ! 

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Okay I'm sensing a vibe of dissatisfaction here lol BUT before I go back and read through a gazillion pages (haven't had the first cup of coffee yet!!) was it at least of USUAL quality? 

More or less. It sounds worse in areas because of the pro-shot, but overall it was okay.

I don't get what everybody is bitching about, this is Axl sounding 80 % of all the shows they played !! You now what is coming every show they play !! some highs some lows !! But it is what it is !! and still they killed it !! compare to the other bands, that played Rock in Rio !!

From what i seen a great rockshow, they al worked there asses off !! We never get old Guns back, but i loved what they did !!

Edited by Robert39
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Okay I'm sensing a vibe of dissatisfaction here lol BUT before I go back and read through a gazillion pages (haven't had the first cup of coffee yet!!) was it at least of USUAL quality? 

More or less, but Axl's voice was cracking a lot more than I've noticed lately, and the end of Come was a total clusterfuck. The encore was pretty good, though.

@MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle

I only listened to 1 song quite in the beginning and didn't really like it. Then got back to sleep (it was 5.30 here) and woke up half an hours ago.

Listened to Don't Cry which was beautiful, a cover which sounded great and paradise city which was a fucking shame. Except for Slash, as usual. He plays so good, like a machine. Only with emotion! Slash is incredible. I love Axl but he was not so incredible. 

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, marlon_brando said:

Compared to Aerosmith it was embarassing...

Well ST is a god but if Axl does AXL/DC next year or a pro shot is released of those show he did (I think there will be) then

Axl will have his god moment too ! 
Tyler is the pinnicle of the rock gods left....it's a fuckery he's 70 ! 
Axl should spent 6 months with him and ST's vocal coach...he's posted videos of the rigorous vocal warmups 

they do pre-show ! It's intense to say the least...
Axl can/has/will sound better over the next 3 months...

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I am In the exact same boat. I am just getting the opportunity to check the forum after spending the night watching HBO boxing. I usually head straight for the last page and work my way backwards. After seeing the comments, I don't know If I want to start working backwards. 

7 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

More or less, but Axl's voice was cracking a lot more than I've noticed lately, and the end of Come was a total clusterfuck. The encore was pretty good, though.

Shall we just focus on the encore...Thought Don't Cry, particularly the first half was great ! One of the better ones ! 

I don't know why everyone bitches (well actually I do) about Seeker as it has Axl running fastest all night, nailing the vocal without breath going, doing all 

these rock star moves at pace and looking like a total different performer...also it's not a terrible song !  It's actually a high point from tonights set, along

with "Patience" , "Don't Cry", "Sorry", "Easy" and "DTJ"...
Cool that they got permission from the Who...
3 and half hours set...of not Roger, might have waited and performed it with him ...

Edited by colonizedmind

4 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Watch YCBM and Coma. :lol: The show started fairly strong - towards the middle, Axl crosses some red lines that we haven't seen this entire tour ending with COMA which he just barely makes it through - they pull it together around Used to Love Her and save the last 1/3 of the show. Overall, decent show but the bad parts were *almost* yellow Raincoat Axl bad. Lots of people are complaining on twitter with #mickeymouse. Crowds of people were also seen leaving the show halfway through the set. 

Dude needs a long break basically. Have no idea how he's going to pull through the arena shows now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1