Your view, right now

SoulMonster

23 hours ago, willl said:

Was this photo taken at Eze Village by any chance? Looks really familiar :)

Haven't posted any travel pics myself lately as my plans went out the window when I met this beautiful stray girl injured on the streets of Sarande in Albania:

IMG-20221203-120711294-HDR.jpg

When I found her she was bleeding out of her head, she had fleas and mange, an ear infection from clotted blood where she'd had her ears docked, and she was so skinny her ribs were showing. Couldnt find anyone to adopt her and I wasn't putting her back out on the streets so she's now my new bestie :D I named her Dori.

We've just got to Corfu, Greece and now the poor girls also been diagnosed with heartworm. It means she can't be active at all for the next 3-6 months whilst she is on her treatment, but we're legally not able to stay here for more than 90 days. Think we'll need to head home to Scotland which isnt ideal as I dont want her travelling now but Im not sure what other option we have.

She will be spoiled so much if she gets through this. Planning to take her on thousands of woodland walks, swimming in lakes, and hiking up hills etc. Think it's the least she deserves given her first year here on earth was so shitty :D 

This is a post where I wish I could add multiple "likes".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Jep, that was at Jardin Exotique in Eze. Quite a drag walking up there but really worth it :D

Cool, I thought I recognised it. I've probably posted my own photos from Jardin Exotique in this same thread somewhere :) I only get to see my older brother once a year and for the last couple of years we've met up in Roquebrune-cap-martin which is just down the road from Eze.

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

This is a post where I wish I could add multiple "likes".

Thanks SoulMonster. She's a wonderful girl. Just wish I could do something to help all the other street dogs in Albania. I had a few ideas but it's hard when you already work a full time job, have a family to care for, and now a dog who needs all my attention. Hoping I can go back in a year or two and maybe do something :) 

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
On 12/23/2022 at 7:50 PM, willl said:

Cool, I thought I recognised it. I've probably posted my own photos from Jardin Exotique in this same thread somewhere :) I only get to see my older brother once a year and for the last couple of years we've met up in Roquebrune-cap-martin which is just down the road from Eze.

Thanks SoulMonster. She's a wonderful girl. Just wish I could do something to help all the other street dogs in Albania. I had a few ideas but it's hard when you already work a full time job, have a family to care for, and now a dog who needs all my attention. Hoping I can go back in a year or two and maybe do something :) 

You're awesome man, and so is she. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
20 hours ago, Lio said:

What are you protesting for? Something Sami?

Yes! I’m a bit tied up and unable to explain in detail, but hopefully this article explains it a bit! https://apnews.com/article/norway-wind-turbine-sami-protest-4e793917265bd63a6bf319ffb7806107

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/sami-activist-sets-up-camp-outside-norway-parliament-protest-wind-turbines-2023-09-11/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Mushy peas can do one too!

Salt, vinegar and tomato sauce are the only acceptable accompaniments to Fish n Chips 🇬🇧

I've actually had a curry sauce dip with fish n chips since moving to the UK.

THAT I can live with, didn't mind it at all.

4 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Salt, vinegar and tomato sauce are the only acceptable accompaniments to Fish n Chips 🇬🇧

I never expected it to be any good but vinegar really adds to the flavour of the fries. Loved it when I tried it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, janrichmond said:

You people are barbaric. Eat the fish with sauce ravigote and eat the chips with mayonaise. 

ravigottesaus.jpg 

patat_dubbel.jpg 

Or, alternatively, with mayo, curry and onions. 

patat-speciaal-scaled.jpg

Or alternatively, mayo and sate (peanut) sauce. 

snackbarroma-foe_patat-en-menus_patat-oo 

You're welcome. 

7 hours ago, janrichmond said:

You can fuck right off with your tomato sauce too! Salt and vinegar and maybe some curry sauce but that it you animal! 😂

6 hours ago, Zint said:

I've actually had a curry sauce dip with fish n chips since moving to the UK.

THAT I can live with, didn't mind it at all.

I like chips in a bun covered in curry sauce. Absolute fat bastard special. 😂

• Like 1