06/24/18 - Mannheim, Germany - Maimarktgelände

downzy

3 hours ago, ironmt said:

Estranged has to be right up there with the worst vocal performances In the set, every bit as bad as You Could Be Mine. I don't recall more than maybe 2 or 3 tolerable performances of the song since the tour started. I don't usually come down on Axl for his vocal performances, but he Is beyond dreadful on certain songs. 

I think they need to re-arranged the set in favor of such songs - put others’ solo prior to it, giving Axl’s voice some rest before singing. 

6 hours ago, Rovim said:

it was indeed a terrible attempt but usually he sounds much better doing this solo. robin was the kind of guitar player that could find all the right notes in the studio and slash writes that way as well so if it was his material originally it was a fair comparison but there's an element of improvisation on a lot of songs for slash like it always was. so in this i love everytime he plays it sounds different. sometimes he nails it i've heard it.

To me it sounds great. I like it more this way when he is bending the notes in the first half of the solo instead if noodling from the start. Builds some kind of energy before the second half. Magnificent.

13 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

With you guys saying how good Axl sounds tonight I’m excited to watch videos later! Hope you guys aren’t full of it

I stopped watching videos after I played back some I recorded one time. I should take that back. I mean I don't judge his voice or the band's sound off others recordings.

He sounded great live but it didn't sound great in the video snippets I had.

I also listened to some so called better quality ones from the same concerts and it didn't due it justice.

I learned it's not fair to judge how good he truly sounds or the band by watching a video. 

What can i say? Incredible show and performance. I've never seen Axl in such good mood. His voice? At this point its just fucking incredible. Shadow is straight outta 80s (though he still has timing issues). 

My friend caught axls fucking whistle (jealous). the mic landed a few rows behind me. but it was an incredible experience again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, EricA said:

A few of my "front row" pics from yesterday , killer show btw, @Nattyonly 12 days to go till Leipzig;)

20180624_205826_013_01.jpg.35817c9d3e11b20180624_210402_001_01.jpg.452e27cd31ca720180624_194234_001_01.jpg.37417438f5cfb20180624_201457_003_01.jpg.47f33ff4cef4c

Yeah finally I will join the Gnr tour for 2 stops. Looking forward to having a great time with you like last year @EricA

Talks adventure abroad and great music :-)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

I stopped watching videos after I played back some I recorded one time. I should take that back. I mean I don't judge his voice or the band's sound off others recordings.

I also listened to some so called better quality ones from the same concerts and it didn't due it justice.

I learned it's not fair to judge how good he truly sounds or the band by watching a video. 

I figured. I’m pretty much done with this tour, or keeping up with it. It’s the same thing every week, I’m not expecting a miraculous recovery anytime soon. 

• Haha 1

Hi.
I'm new to the forum I do not write much because my English is not good.
But I often read the opinions of thanks to the Google translator.
I would like to say that the Voice of Axl is not up to what it requires to be the singer of the best rock band in my opinion is not at the level of 2016.

Sorry for my English.

8 minutes ago, Gnr2018 said:

Hi.
I'm new to the forum I do not write much because my English is not good.
But I often read the opinions of thanks to the Google translator.
I would like to say that the Voice of Axl is not up to what it requires to be the singer of the best rock band in my opinion is not at the level of 2016.

Sorry for my English.

I think most people feel this way. Obviously there are fans who see the band as a novelty and enjoy that they do shows still. Then there are some fans still holding out hope that they can still produce great music. 

Currently Axl is still showing great showmanship, but he’s not good vocally. He’s the weak link in the band at the moment. 

8 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think most people feel this way. Obviously there are fans who see the band as a novelty and enjoy that they do shows still. Then there are some fans still holding out hope that they can still produce great music. 

Currently Axl is still showing great showmanship, but he’s not good vocally. He’s the weak link in the band at the moment. 

I don't agree. Live is great and the band is very tight. It's a great experience. Just look at the comments and reviews.

Edited by Georgina Arriaga

Just now, SoulMonster said:

And then there is the majority of people attending the shows who have a great time and would find this discussion absurd.

Yap! But they are in Europe right now, I’m in the states. I attended 5 shows between 2016-2017. 

Im strictly speaking for the people on fan boards who discuss this stuff. 

It’s all good until we get a pro shot and people want to know what’s wrong with Axl  

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

And then there is the majority of people attending the shows who have a great time and would find this discussion absurd.

This.

At GMM everyone around me thought Axl was amazing. Myself included. How he sings some parts is otherworldly. 

2 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Has anyone pinned down why Axl is off time every time they play Shadow?

Same reason why he was off on Coma when he first started performing it (particularly the end) he gets so focused on lyrics and the pace at which he is going through them that he’s not worried about key or timing. He’s strictly thinking about getting the words out and with the energy the song takes and as he starts running out of breath he actually speeds up and just ends up lost. 

5 hours ago, Free Bird said:

To me it sounds great. I like it more this way when he is bending the notes in the first half of the solo instead if noodling from the start. Builds some kind of energy before the second half. Magnificent.

Slash didn't record this so its hard to say who plays it better - But Live SLASH owns this , the studio version doesnt' half the emotion or tone SLASH plays with but it is SLASH , I was impressed Robin COULD play a solo , didnt know he had the chops 

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I completely agree with you. It’s very easy to pick apart a performance on a recording but ultimately at the concerts I have been to, and heard Axl singing at, he sounds awesome in the mix. Unfair to judge based on recordings.

• Like 1

Watched this set on instagram live last night I thought axl sounded pretty damn good for the majority. WTTJ was the most on point I’ve heard in a while. I wasn’t cringing while watching like through some of the other shows on this leg! So fun to see these MASSIVE metal festivals you Europeans get over there! *jealous*

• Like 3

Finally my first Guns concert after waiting nearly 3 years.

Overall I give 9 out of 10.
Sound from the band was immense, Axl's voice was amazing for the most part and brought great energy to the show.
Slash doesn't show much emotion on his face when playing but at the end a nice handstand to show his feelings :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2