Critically acclaimed bands/artists you hate

Silverburst80

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I didn't get it at first either after a couple of listens, although I immediately liked the first single. Then I read an interview with Thom Yorke and he said that it's not an easy album and that you have to listen to it 7 or 8 times or something, so I gave it another chance and I'm glad I did because most songs grew on me and there are some fantastic songs on it. But each to their own.

That would explain why I never fully got into it. I quit after something like 3 listens. I'm sure it's a great album, it just never worked for me

I understand that people don’t like hair bands like Crue, etc. but hair bands were absolutely NEVER critically acclaimed.

I will never understand the worship and reverence of Nirvana. They were no fuckin different than your average rock band of the early 90s, except for Cobain pretending he wasn’t a sell out. I’ve ranted about this on here many times before, so I won’t go into my usual diatribe. :lol: But I hate them with every fuckin thing I’ve got.

oh and Rush too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Absolutely fuckin' hate Taylor Swift, cannot even stand to look at her 😣

Pop-stars are usually trash, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, whoever.

I'll add Kendrick Lamar to the list though, dude gets tons of critical praise but I've never heard a song of his that was actually good (and I've given him a chance, not just listened to 1 or 2 tracks).

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Pop-stars are usually trash, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Beyonce, whoever.

I'll add Kendrick Lamar to the list though, dude gets tons of critical praise but I've never heard a song of his that was actually good (and I've given him a chance, not just listened to 1 or 2 tracks).

I'm with you on Kendrick. He does have a song here and there I can get into, but for for all the goat/legend/2nd coming talk, no, not even close. Way overhyped. Most of his stuff bores me to death.

Edited by J Dog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

That would explain why I never fully got into it. I quit after something like 3 listens. I'm sure it's a great album, it just never worked for me

No, three listens didn't do it for my either. I'm glad I stuck with it though, because now almost twenty years later most of those songs still sound fresh and that record aged extremely well... I still hear something new every time I listen to it.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Terrible isn't it - I have had this argument before with Jan? Just chuck out all of your rock albums because Presley created it. 

Not only did he create it that debut of his one of the top 5 best albums of the entire genre.

2 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I will never understand the worship and reverence of Nirvana. They were no fuckin different than your average rock band of the early 90s, except for Cobain pretending he wasn’t a sell out. I’ve ranted about this on here many times before, so I won’t go into my usual diatribe. :lol: But I hate them with every fuckin thing I’ve got.

There was something in that music that spoke to a lot of people, evidently not to everyone. It wasn't that they were so unique or different, because they weren't, but there was an energy or something in the music, and many kids could relate to that. Of course they were overrated, especially after Cobain blew his brains out, but that doesn't mean many kids weren't drawn to that band. And they had some good tunes, too.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Blasphemy!

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Terrible isn't it - I have had this argument before with Jan? Just chuck out all of your rock albums because Presley created it. 

Sorry guys! but you two hate Zep and i hate Elvis, that makes us equal..love yous x

• Haha 2

led zeppelin - there are some great rock songs (rock n roll, the ocean, immigrant song, heartbreaker, black dog, trampled underfoot, in the evening,...), but there is too much folk / fantasy to detract from the experience. too many songs sound convoluted and....difficult? there is not enough fun and "drive". I just can't play these albums in my car. Queen is like led zeppelin, but with tons of fun added. zeppelin take themselves far too serious. freddie is a more enjoyable singer than plant. Imagine freddie fronting zeppelin. best of both worlds.

anything in the Muse / radiohead department. fucking hate that music.

Edited by action

26 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Where would Elvis had been if it wasn't for his movie star good looks? He probably wouldn't have died on the loo, that's for sure. Not saying he didn't achieve anything, but it wasn't his talent that got him there.

Elvis was heard before he was seen, it was the voice what sold people on Elvis, I mean fuck me early doors a lot of people didnt even know if he was white or black.