Plans after July 2018

Just now, Towelie said:

Even Fat Elvis had his successful comeback gig, but it was mostly a steady decline. I stand by the analogy.

I disagree. He was really struggling with his exhausted voice towards the end of the last tour but he gave 100% during the last month or so right up to that insane streamed show at the end. Sang the absolute fuck out of Prostitute with everything he had left. 

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Even Fat Elvis had his successful comeback gig, but it was mostly a steady decline. I stand by the analogy.

Its hardly been a steady decline decline since 2011 though? '12 was arguably better then 13-14 worse because he was on autopilot for those few years.

2016 saw motivation and a fresh outlook bring him back to 2010 levels for AC/DC, and guns '16 was quite a high level too. 

His differing levels in '17 are likely a combo of him wanting to save his voice somewhat and a refusal to re learn GnR songs ala AC/DC to suit his current vocal capabilities. Far from a steady decline.

1 hour ago, Towelie said:

Presley always had his voice. To be honest he always had his music as there are some great recordings from the jump suit era. ''Moody Blue'' is one year before his death. 

• Like 1

Just make the most of these EU shows you cant blame them if 21st July is the end FOR NOW they been on the road for over 2 years & Axl started May 7th in Liiiiiiiiisbon with DC & that was a good few months before Guns kicked off.

I have no doubt that Angus wants too keep on playing hes the youngest of the line up of that just was on RoB & Stevie will be in what ever comes with them next.

Im guessing they all have a lot too talk about & timings too work out Axl will want too rest a bit after 21st July we may hear something in early 2019

17 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Pretty sure there are no vocals from 1996 on CD. 1999-2007, yes. Also, did you not hear his voice on some of the stronger NITL shows, not to mention AC/DC? The man can still sing.

56 years old is not old by today's standards.

Sammy Hager was just 70 and he's still rocking. So are the Stones and plenty of artists. Tony Bennett is over 80.

If Axl feels he can do it, he should do it! More power to him and GNR.

I want GNR to tour the US again. I need to see them again.

Also, I want a cd/dvd of the reunion tour.

2 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

he has already experience as a "actor". he looks good in Dead Pool

27zkqpt.jpg

Who the hell is the giant next to Axl? you know Izzy was not in this scene. Where was Izzy? lol

I watched this movie everytime it's on tv only to see the few scenes with GNR in it. But the movie is awesome!

I remember Axl telling a story about how Clint went passed him on the set and said to him "great song" about WTTJ.

• Like 1

On 17/4/2018 at 4:22 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

56 years old is not old by today's standards.

Sammy Hager was just 70 and he's still rocking. So are the Stones and plenty of artists. Tony Bennett is over 80.

If Axl feels he can do it, he should do it! More power to him and GNR.

I want GNR to tour the US again. I need to see them again.

Also, I want a cd/dvd of the reunion tour.

Who the hell is the giant next to Axl? you know Izzy was not in this scene. Where was Izzy? lol

I watched this movie everytime it's on tv only to see the few scenes with GNR in it. But the movie is awesome!

I remember Axl telling a story about how Clint went passed him on the set and said to him "great song" about WTTJ.

Me too , only for Guns scenes, i remember one time.sleep down waiting this scene 😴😆

After this summer, it appears that the "Not In This Lifetime" Tour will wrap up after a 2 year run.  All die hard fans of GnR have been foaming at the mouth for new music, from this partial reunion of sorts consisting of Axl, Slash, and Duff, even if it is just a 30 second-1 minute sample to tied everyone over....Until a much demanded "new album" is released....As the past 2 years have continued to pass with show after show after show, accompanied with the recent news of Slash going back into the studio for a new solo album, plus rumors of Axl sticking around for a new AC/DC album, it appears that we won't be hearing any new material any time soon. One would figure that the current touring members will need some time to rest after this vigorous tour, and if new music is to be released, it would probably come at some point in 2019. I think we will hear new music from Axl, Slash, and Duff....just not together in the form of Guns n Roses. Here is what I think will transpire, and ultimately happen with the current line-up:

+Slash will obviously release another solo album, and will most likely hit the road for a handful of shows with his now "house band" or sorts, Myle Kennedy and The Conspirators. Once again will hear some great riffs and solos, that we can only wish might have been used for GnR material. One will wonder if what will happen with Slash following this....Will he consider returning to the studio to work on new GnR material, and if so....now much longer would that take.

+Axl will obviously be busy working with Angus on a new AC/DC album, or what is left of the band. It is almost safe to say that this is basically an Angus solo project at this point, but still abiding under the AC/DC name.....similar to the situation Axl found himself in around 1999. You can't blame Angus for wanting to continue the legacy of the band as long as he his able. Angus has never been one to waste time, and has stayed active over the years. I would look for Axl to join the fold, and begin working on a new album late 2018, with probably a mid-to fall 2019 release....and with Angus taste....a tour to follow this. With what we know about the status of the remaining AC/DC members, this very well could be the last AC/DC tour that we see....If that is so, it's hard to see Axl returning to the studio to work on "new" GnR material, unless he decides to break into the "vault" of unreleased material, so to speak, and works together with Slash/Duff to "spruce up" tracks that are there. 

+Duff....what does the future hold for Duff? He has worked with various projects throughout his career. If GnR doesn't work out for new material, will we see a new "Loaded" album, will Duff collaborate with others? I don't look for Duff to just sit around on his laurels, I think he will work on new material, either as solo work, or even possibly with new projects. Maybe he can be the person to push the others to focus on new GnR material.

++What I think we will see actually come from the "Not in This Lifetime" reunion...Not a new studio album.....But in the end, I personally think all we will see is probably a Blu-Ray/Live CD Release, probably called Guns n Roses: "Not in This Lifetime," marketed as a "reunion tour" set. You have to figure that this will come at some point, with as many shows as the band has played. 

This leaves me to wonder....Is a new Guns n Roses studio album really necessary at this point? The members are getting older, is the fire still there, and it is easy for the band to get content when your finances are taken care of. I don't think you would hear the pure aggression/rawness the band once had, and with more modern production, would not sound as hard/raw as we would like to hear either. I myself would much like to hear a new release......Even if the current members don't work together, but a release of "unreleased" material would be great if it happened. I've been thinking of solidified acts such as The Rolling Stones, and Van Halen releasing new material within their latter years, and while it was nice to hear something new, the material hasn't been all that memorable at all in recent years. I don't want to see the legacy of this band necessarily go down the same way, but also don't want to be left wondering "what if" at the same time.

What is everyone else's thoughts on the future of the band? 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:33 AM, jacdaniel said:

Slash is doing a new album and touring with SMKC. That all kicks off around August / September. It will most likely be a year of work. Slash won't half ass an album.  I assume he would be committed to Guns if anything was happening but that's not the case. 

Seems likely Axl will do an album and tour with ACDC. I assume this will also be 1 or 1.5 years. 

Maybe Guns is On Hold until 2020. 

Strange to just do a small run of shows though. Especially since Fernando said 2018 would be bigger than 2017.

Was Fernando talking about guns or just that 2018 is a bigger number than 2017?

Edited by Gnrcane