Article About Izzy/Guns on the Wall Street Journal

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Having emotions is being immature? :lol:

No? Didn't say that. More that it is immature to replace the holes we have in our understanding with emotions and then from these jump to conclusions. We don't arrive at understanding by just feeling passionately about something. In fact, emotions tend to cloud our judgment. These things should co-exist peacefully side by side, they are not interchangeable. But when we analytically know something, then we use passion and emotions to drive our actions. 

Edited by SoulMonster

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No? Didn't say that. More that it is immature to replace the holes we have in our understanding with emotions and then from these jump to conclusions. We don't arrive at understanding by just feeling passionately about something. In fact, emotions tend to cloud our judgment. These things should co-exist peacefully side by side, they are not interchangeable. But we analytically know something, then we use passion and emotions to drive our actions. 

Agree. The problem here is that we won't have all the elements we need to arrive at such understanding anytime soon, and you know it.

I'd love to have the word of all parties involved. Discussion would be much richer and entertaining than you and me talking about soccer until the holes of the story get filled! :lol:

33 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I heard he got offered 40k for the first 4 shows

So that would be 10k per show? I don't understand anything of this business and let alone this amount of cash, but there was a Billboard article from 2016 stating that Guns were asking 3 Million per show :wow: So giving Izzy, co-founder and main songwriter, 10K out of the 3 million is kinda insulting, right?

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, dgnr said:

So that would be 10k per show? I don't understand anything of this business and let alone this amount of cash, but there was a Billboard article from 2016 stating that Guns were asking 3 Million per show :wow: So giving Izzy, co-founder and main songwriter, 10K out of the 3 million is kinda insulting, right?

I heard gnr got 26m by AEG for them 4 shows. 

Edited by Gibbo

17 minutes ago, dgnr said:

You can only answer that when you know what the other band members get out of the total and also what other deals regulate the current and former band members revenues from live shows and other. For all I know Izzy could have received some "severance package" at some stage after he left the band to compensate for the band still playing his songs without him, which would naturally mean that what would be fair compensation for him to join the tour now, would have to be somewhat lower. Not saying this example in itself is very realistic, just pointing out that there could be other agreements that would influence what can be considered "fair" compensation for joining these shows.

1 hour ago, Gibbo said:

I heard he got offered 40k for the first 4 shows

Four shows? That means Izzy was offered a guest spot only. The question is how do we know that Izzy only wanted to play 4 shows only. Maybe his goal was the whole tour.

2 minutes ago, Padme said:

Maybe his goal was the whole tour.

Why would you think that? Izzy has barely toured. The friend in the article says he wants to be untethered. Izzy's been doing exactly what he wants for 30 years now, a short tour here and there, some guest appearances when he feels like it. I just don't see him committing to a full on world tour that will last years. I see no indication of that whatsoever. Seems to me Izzy values his freedom more than anything.

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Four shows? That means Izzy was offered a guest spot only. The question is how do we know that Izzy only wanted to play 4 shows only. Maybe his goal was the whole tour.

Even for 4 shows that's too little, considering who he is and how much they've earned so far.

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

Maybe his goal was the whole tour.

Maybe, but not likely... just like the article says, he doesn't like to be tied down. There's a reason he doesn't even tour for his own solo records. To become part of such a huge machine, having responsibilities, for the first time since the early 90s, seems difficult for anyone, let alone for someone like him who isn't comfortable in that situation in the first place.

Edited by EvanG

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

I think that no one knew if they'd do more then the 4 shows when the negotiations started, iirc.  And Izzys tweet stipulated "the April shows." So it doesnt necessarily speak to guest spots only, although I personally dont think CD tracks and Fortus were ever going away.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

This was before the tour started. Not when they start the stadium tour when he showed up

22 minutes ago, Padme said:

4 shows was just a starting point. Axl wasn’t sure they would make it four shows.  I have no doubt Fortus would have remained in the lineup though

11 minutes ago, Lio said:

Why would you think that? Izzy has barely toured. The friend in the article says he wants to be untethered. Izzy's been doing exactly what he wants for 30 years now, a short tour here and there, some guest appearances when he feels like it. I just don't see him committing to a full on world tour that will last years. I see no indication of that whatsoever. Seems to me Izzy values his freedom more than anything.

3 minutes ago, soon said:

I think that no one knew if they'd do more then the 4 shows when the negotiations started, iirc.  And Izzys tweet stipulated "the April shows." So it doesnt necessarily speak to guest spots only, although I personally dont think CD tracks and Fortus were ever going away.

If the answer is so simple.Then why is it such an impossible task for Fernando or Axl just explain that?