Move To The City (1988 Acoustic Version)

6 hours ago, uruguns said:

Yea super accessible. Send me Jackie Chan/checkmate please

He was talking about stuff being definitely released on bootlegs which you had to hunt for years by leaving your house and having much luck. Nowadays everyone has access to this stuff within seconds whilst sitting naked on their toilet. 

He was not talking bout stuff rumored to be existing. 

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

He was talking about stuff being definitely released on bootlegs which you had to hunt for years by leaving your house and having much luck. Nowadays everyone has access to this stuff within seconds whilst sitting naked on their toilet. 

He was not talking bout stuff rumored to be existing. 

Sorry but Jackie Chan (working title for checkmate) was confirmed to exist by none other than Axl Rose

This sounds pretty cool, so ist this a GN'R lies outtake? Since it's acoustic and clink produced it I assume so.

Either way since this is the other big song being touted from the box set it would be cool if they busted out an acoustic version for the tour, maybe it could replace Wichita

Sounds very nice, but "Move to the City" is one of my Favorite GNR songs. It would be dificult for it to surprise me now.

I still prefer the Original Lies version and the Live Era version. It's a great song lyrically and it sounds like Classic GNR decadence :headbang:

• Like 1

Move to the City is actually my 13th favorite GNR song. That’s saying a lot because it’s ahead of Dead Horse, Coma, Pretty Tied Up, November Rain, Locomotive. The live version especially makes it amazing. Adding another 4 minutes of solos makes the song so much fun. I just love everything about it. 

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2018 at 12:50 PM, F*ck Fear said:

I've never been a huge fan of 'Move To The City', but Axl sounds incredible on this demo.

Sooo good!!!

22 hours ago, The Matinator said:

This sounds pretty cool, so ist this a GN'R lies outtake? Since it's acoustic and clink produced it I assume so.

Either way since this is the other big song being touted from the box set it would be cool if they busted out an acoustic version for the tour, maybe it could replace Wichita

Amen! Bring "Move To The City" back to the set...Don't see why not, Axl could sing it alright, not quite like this but it would be a fun one and fit into that acoustic section they seem to be building...

• Like 1

Never really cared for this song to be honest, although I do like the midsection jam on the Tokyo version.

However, this version is a treat. Much better than the original LLAS/Lies version. Much like You’re Crazy, the song really comes alive in this stripped approach.

• GNFNR 2

isnt axls voice a tad weird on this one?

also i am not sure if it is my phones but isnt axl voice like waaaaaaay up in the mix? like so much so that it gets hard to listen to the instrumentals properly when axl is singing?

also are the instrumentals "too clean"?

has it been doctored?

was it very badly mixed?

i dont trust GNR whatever was left of GNR anymore

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

isnt axls voice a tad weird on this one?

also i am not sure if it is my phones but isnt axl voice like waaaaaaay up in the mix? like so much so that it gets hard to listen to the instrumentals properly when axl is singing?

also are the instrumentals "too clean"?

has it been doctored?

was it very badly mixed?

i dont trust GNR whatever was left of GNR anymore

I agree.  There's something off or odd about the mix.   Vocals aren't as crisp as the other Lies sessions songs.  Who knows?  But you are correct and I've been a fan for 30 years so I know what you mean...

On 6/22/2018 at 6:29 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

2nd try but cmon spill the beans if you know! what is New Work Tune then? Could it be the Nightcrawler instrumental?

I honestly don't know but it's probably just an instrumental jam.  I'm still shocked they omitted the Sweet Child and Don't Cry demos... and they should have remastered the Marquee shows from June 87 which were amazing.