Shackler's Revenge Remix leak **NO LINKS**

4 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

At the pre-chorus, ("don't ever- try to tell me...") has Axl, uh, "double-tracked" his vocals, there?  Sorry, not a recording expert.  But is that what I'm hearing?

I think he's doing harmonies. Idk, it's hard to tell when there's 42 different vocal tracks :lol:

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think he's doing harmonies. Idk, it's hard to tell when there's 42 different vocal tracks :lol:

cool/gotcha & thanks.  but ultimately, that would still mean he'd have recorded himself singing that line once, and then sang it again, however differently, and then layered it on top of the original in pro-tools or something, right?

Just now, there is no dana only zool said:

cool/gotcha & thanks.  but ultimately, that would still mean he'd have recorded himself singing that line once, and then sang it again, however differently, and then layered it on top of the original in pro-tools or something, right?

Most likely, yes. CD from a production standpoint has always been fascinating to me

• Like 3

Has the full 4:08 version leaked yet?

5 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

If you get the vocal and "additional instruments" multitracks, you can hear there's a tonne of multilayered vocal tracks. Sometimes I just listen to the acapella version of the album because it's fascinating to pick out all the different parts.

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, Underhardy said:

I have the 4:08 version. It starts off with 10 seconds of the street fighter samples. The parts where it sounds like Axl is harmonizeing sounds like brain just put the same vocal track over the original but put one a millisecond later. 

that is the complete version unedited by the hoarder/leaker/whatever madman that is.

15 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Just listen to the chorus of Locomotive, Axl does lots of harmonization with himself there. 

On 28-6-2018 at 10:36 PM, Underhardy said:

I have the 4:08 version. It starts off with 10 seconds of the street fighter samples. The parts where it sounds like Axl is harmonizeing sounds like brain just put the same vocal track over the original but put one a millisecond later. 

I'd love to hear that one. 

Agh, man, I freaking love this remix.  Was there ever any info on the Scraped remix?  Or at least the version with the drums playing simultaneous to Axl's "ahhhhh, ahhhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhhs" in the intro that isn't on CD?  I believe leaked version on YouTube was titled like, Eric Cadieux Remix or something. 

Strike that.  Found it.  Was this fan-made? 

37 minutes ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Agh, man, I freaking love this remix.  Was there ever any info on the Scraped remix?  Or at least the version with the drums playing simultaneous to Axl's "ahhhhh, ahhhh, ahhh, ahhh, ahhhs" in the intro that isn't on CD?  I believe leaked version on YouTube was titled like, Eric Cadieux Remix or something. 

Strike that.  Found it.  Was this fan-made? 

Yes. It was made as trade bait

Those threads just annoy the hell out of me! This and that leaked, don't share links, you'll be warned or banned. OK. Got it.

But then, there's always that group of people saying they heard the leak (they didn't) and they just want to feel important among our small (LOL) forum group.

What's the point of even creating a thread like this? I understand that we can't share the link over here, and I understand why.

But creating a thread with this kind of information only creates a hype among hoarders and people to find elsewhere, so this is pointless.

You  guys are using a band-aid to cover up bullet holes, or you are so smart, but so goddam smart, that you're guiding everyone to just look for it elsewhere.

We are not  sharing links, nobody heard the song, and yes, we are doing a disservice to the band with posts like that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Those threads just annoy the hell out of me! This and that leaked, don't share links, you'll be warned or banned. OK. Got it.

But then, there's always that group of people saying they heard the leak (they didn't) and they just want to feel important among our small (LOL) forum group.

What's the point of even creating a thread like this? I understand that we can't share the link over here, and I understand why.

But creating a thread with this kind of information only creates a hype among hoarders and people to find elsewhere, so this is pointless.

You  guys are using a band-aid to cover up bullet holes, or you are so smart, but so goddam smart, that you're guiding everyone to just look for it elsewhere.

We are not  sharing links, nobody heard the song, and yes, we are doing a disservice to the band with posts like that.

Free navigation zone.

No boats allowed.

21 minutes ago, Legendador said:

It's kind of a rock and a hard place situation for us. We're have no interest in censoring discussions here. People are going to find out about these leaks because of the internet. Since we're the biggest forum out there, this is the place people end up wanting to discuss them. So we do what we have to do: allow threads and just remind people that they can't post links. 

edit-

I don't think anyone who starts these threads wants attention either. These leaks float around for years with the hoarders and they never mention it. It's only when some of this material breaks free that the fan base gets excited to talk about it.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's kind of a rock and a hard place situation for us. We're have no interest in censoring discussions here. People are going to find out about these leaks because of the internet. Since we're the biggest forum out there, this is the place people end up wanting to discuss them. So we do what we have to do: allow threads and just remind people that they can't post links. 

edit-

I don't think anyone who starts these threads wants attention either. These leaks float around for years with the hoarders and they never mention it. It's only when some of this material breaks free that the fan base gets excited to talk about it.

It is what it is.

5 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

I'm criticizin' these threads as well. 

Tranquilo ;)

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

The discussion threads work exactly how they're supposed to: anyone posting their thoughts on a new leak should expect their inbox to start filling up pretty quickly, as anyone reading their posts will obviously want the new stuff too. But this is a good community, I've never had trouble tracking down a new leak.

• Like 3