So the new "Guns N' Roses Best Of" Playlist posted by the band in Spotify has One In A Million in the trackist...

I think it’s a good song. Sure, the lyrics contain some slurs, but Axl has apologized and told a bout some traumatic events that led to why he used those words. I think the debate should be finished, considering it’s 30 years old. The thing that pisses me off is that there would have been bad press if they left it in the box set, or (like they did) take it out of the box set. They would have been slammed for having a song with those lyrics if it was in, and they were slammed for leaving it out as an attempt to “cover it up”. 

• Like 4

It seems weird to me that the label has removed the song from the appetite remaster deluxe editions and box, and on the other hand the band insert the track in the Best Of Playlist on Spotify...

Edited by fora

4 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

In going to the guess the band didn't choose the setlist

Oh come on, I'm sure they all sat down and looked at the catalogue discussing in depth what their Best Of should be :lol:

15 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

How can they even call it a Best Of without Riad n’ the Bedouins or Sympathy for the Devil? What a bunch of bogus.

well, Sympathy for the Devil is in it :P

The song's exclusion from the box might not have been the band's choice, but the label's.  It makes sense why the track was included on Spotify, since they could easily just pull it from Lies to blend it in with the other greats in their catalog.

I'm sure this will make some of the news cycles soon enough. Especially with the Spotify/R Kelly thing that happened recently. 

For my part, I'm just hoping that I'll be able to listen to It's So Easy on Spotify again this Friday when the new boxed set goes live on their service.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gackt said:

The song's exclusion from the box might not have been the band's choice, but the label's.  It makes sense why the track was included on Spotify, since they could easily just pull it from Lies to blend it in with the other greats in their catalog.

I think Fernando said the band decided it.

• Like 1

Questionable lyrics at times but powerful either way..  There are also other great lyrics in the song aside from the questionable ones.. Axl sounds great.. Great solo.. Izzy and Slash sound perfect together.. Great song.. It is probably one of the most listened to Gn'R songs but Spotify users.

• Like 1

I could tell you a funny story about this song, but I'm afraid of getting my ass handed to me, better save that for a rainy day in a free and sane world.

I think it deserves to be on any GNR "best of" as its one of their strongest and most complex art pieces ever. Good to see it on Spotify. People should hear this now more than ever as it makes them think and discuss.