Many Media Outlets Saying GNR Album Is On The Way

On 9/28/2018 at 3:12 AM, donny said:

if/when a new album is being released we wont hear about it from some second rate music journalist. 

you know what this band are like, we will have to work out the cryptic clues like posters plastered on derelict buildings, websites with countdown timers and all that crap. 

I agree.  one day there will be a cryptic billboard featuring Skelton Izzy and skeleton Steven and then a week later an announcement on their website:  for only $2,000 you can own a 4 CD box set that comes in a hand carved coffin shaped box (a clever metaphor for where all of your money is going) which is 200 versions of THE SEEKER and nothing else. included are a Buckethead sexy centerfold, GNR condoms, slash wig and top hat.  one coffin/ box will come with Axl's Not in the Lifetime Pimp Cane!

In all seriousness I'm not too excited about Slash his dad's Instagram post. Because remember Slash's brother is the one that called Axl fat and all that stuff right before the reunion.  And then he had to apologize. So Slash probably doesn't talk his family about this stuff.

On 9/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, PhillyRose said:

https://www.todayfm.com/The-Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Guns-n-Roses-To-Make-New-Album

Slash's recent comments have seemed to set of the expected fire keg in the media ... Do they have other information? Or just naieve? Ball's in (been in) Axl's court ....

Correction- media is speculating as they have for years,  this time by slash saying nothing is planned but something could happen

how many times have we heard this?  Move along.  Nothing to see here.  

• Like 1

Here Slash adding oil to the fire

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/dream-sequence

So that means you’re putting together ideas for new Guns N’ Roses material?

Yeah, I think there’s a little bit of that activity going on.

For an album?

There’s talk about doing some recording. I think we all would love to do something that we thought was really cool. We just haven’t really sat down and put our noses to the grindstone to do it. We haven’t really had time. But there’s been a couple things that we’ve dicked around with at soundchecks

Very interesting interview, even talks how much he likes playing those CD tracks, even he mention the guitar work of Buckethead there.....(ughhh!)

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Here Slash adding oil to the fire

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/dream-sequence

Very interesting interview, even talks how much he likes playing those CD tracks, even he mention the guitar work of Buckethead there.....(ughhh!)

But there’s been a couple things that we’ve dicked around with at soundchecks

Now that’s interesting... i remember people saying that some rehersals sounded like actual songs, and not just some noodling. I hope someone remembers what I’m saying, it was on a few show threads :) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Now that’s interesting... i remember people saying that some rehersals sounded like actual songs, and not just some noodling. I hope someone remembers what I’m saying, it was on a few show threads :) 

Yeah and Meegan's silent IG videos.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I believe Fortus has mentioned previously that they've been hitting the record button on plenty of riffs and ideas that have come up during soundcheck. It wouldn't surprise me if they've come up with some fairly complete instrumental sections for future songs.

So given that they've done over two years of touring, I'd imagine there's a lot of ideas waiting to be turned into full songs.

On 9/28/2018 at 10:56 PM, Towelie said:

No, but like 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Oh, my apologies... we got On My God and some 30yr old demos from AFD in two of those years.

Wow, aren't we lucky??

Sarcasm agogo. :) But i like it.

From a band as dysfunctional as GNR was for so long... YES! Don't get me wrong.. i waited all those years like anyone else did and it was frustrating as f%ck. But i went out lived my life and found other bands to help numb the pain of no new GNR. GNR are still my fav ever band but i don't get all upset and expectant if they don't bring anything out. We've had more this past 8-10 yrs than we have had for a looooooooooong time. But to call what was once "the most dangerous band in the world" predictable is comical. Every single show i have been to they have been unpredictable. Every time i have met Axl you never know what you will get. If GNR were like certain other bands.. and released mediocre songs on albums with 1-2 decent songs on each album.. I would be massively pi$$ed off. So i try and balance it that way. ChiDem i liked. It was cool. Mixed really badly but still cool.

How many members has there been now? With a lack of stability comes a lack of finished product. I've been in bands where people come and go. It stunts the writing and production of music. It's fact. The band are happier now and we'll see what we get. 

Edited by Route66
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2018 at 8:12 PM, Azifwekare said:

Brain confirmed that he played drums on that track, but I don't know if he was talking about the clip we heard or a different version. I doubt they would all be on the same mix.

If the track originated from that Jackie Chan movie Duff mentioned they were doing a song for, then they may be on an early version. Who knows?

I would say Slash, Duff probably have writing credits on Jackie Chan. Fortus may have worked on it. Maybe it will be re-tittied for the next Terminator movie.

Edited by wasted