Many Media Outlets Saying GNR Album Is On The Way

On 27/09/2018 at 3:20 PM, jacdaniel said:

I can't imagine Slash would be doing interviews and more or less confirming that they'll do a new album without Axls blessing. 

They're not stupid, they knew damn well this question would be asked again and again. 

Or else Slash is getting called to the office for a verbal warning 😂

The corn is in the vault. 

58 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

A new album could just be Slash burping into a microphone for all I care, just as long as we finally get to hear Jackie Chan.

That song seems like Slash n Duff would fit perfectly on it.

Weren’t they on the demo?

32 minutes ago, wasted said:

Weren’t they on the demo?

Brain confirmed that he played drums on that track, but I don't know if he was talking about the clip we heard or a different version. I doubt they would all be on the same mix.

If the track originated from that Jackie Chan movie Duff mentioned they were doing a song for, then they may be on an early version. Who knows?

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Brain confirmed that he played drums on that track, but I don't know if he was talking about the clip we heard or a different version. I doubt they would all be on the same mix.

If the track originated from that Jackie Chan movie Duff mentioned they were doing a song for, then they may be on an early version. Who knows?

Dollars to Donuts. 

That’s the Slash riff 4tus was working on before the more or less reunion. 

“We have fun. We know how to have a good time.”

According to their own words, they want to do a new album. So they should just do it, please themselves with whatever feels right  - Chinese leftovers, brand new stuff, something with Izzy involved, whatever.
That whole "damned if they do/don't" stuff is a bit ridiculous. The "most dangerous band in the world" is too afraid to release new music?? Chinese Democracy as the last official album? Now that would be the most shitty ending possible for this band.

Just do it, then do it again! :)

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Agreed but most of the world doesn't consider it a Gn'R album anyway.

I'm glad we got what we got. I can't imagine TSI being the last known Gn'R album, a covers album from 25 years ago. Curent GnR should be aiming to put out 3,4,5 albums in the next decade, before they hit the pipe & slippers phase.

In 2018, I don't see the prospect of a full-lenght album as we know it.

My bet would be one, two, maybe three new songs.

If people like it maybe more songs, but a full-lenght album is not profitable for any bands nowadays.

I could be wrong, but this could be a safe business turn for the way people buy music in this day and age.

Anyway: I'm dying to hear those ChimDem leftovers.

Edited by Legendador
mispelling
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Edward Nigma said:

I'm glad we got what we got. I can't imagine TSI being the last known Gn'R album, a covers album from 25 years ago. Curent GnR should be aiming to put out 3,4,5 albums in the next decade, before they hit the pipe & slippers phase.

Is Axl not already there?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

If people like it maybe more songs, but a full-lenght album is not profitable for any bands nowadays.

I could be wrong, but this could be a safe business turn for the way people buy music in this day and age.

I agree and don't really care if they release a new album. The material from Appetite and the Illusion albums Is so strong that it can carry them for the rest of their careers as It has for the past 30 years. There are countless articles online with facts and interviews from artists stating exactly what you said, albums are not profitable, period. From a business stand point their best bet Is to release a song or two and start the touring process all over again. They will have no problem playing arenas. Eventually they could reintroduce Izzy and Adler back into the band and sell the tour as the original 5 members.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Towelie said:

Really? If there's one thing that is predictable about GNR, its their complete inability and refusal to put out new music. In that regard, they've proven to be completely predictable, year in, year out.

Like 2008 eh? Or back when 2 albums came out on the same Day in the 90's. Or lies when it came out and the style of it was a huge surprise.. Yeh very predictable.. i see your point (not). What about the huge AFD pack including a load of demo's and stuff no fan could ever have expected them to release (granted its far too expensive but still cool). Yeh again music.. all for too predictable. 

Predictable in general taking music out of it? nope. The biggest of all. SLASH RETURNING. Predictable? Have you been living on the moon these past few years? You really did pull that attempt at trolling right out your ass :)

Edited by Route66

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

Like 2008 eh? 

No, but like 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Oh, my apologies... we got On My God and some 30yr old demos from AFD in two of those years.

Wow, aren't we lucky??

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ironmt said:

I agree and don't really care if they release a new album. The material from Appetite and the Illusion albums Is so strong that it can carry them for the rest of their careers as It has for the past 30 years. There are countless articles online with facts and interviews from artists stating exactly what you said, albums are not profitable, period. From a business stand point their best bet Is to release a song or two and start the touring process all over again. They will have no problem playing arenas. Eventually they could reintroduce Izzy and Adler back into the band and sell the tour as the original 5 members.  

Why not just release 12 songs on spotify and start a new tour? Doesn't have to be a physical release since everything is just promo for the tour (where the money is) anyway. Or do the spotify and limited vinyl run.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Axl owns dexter said:

Why not just release 12 songs on spotify and start a new tour? Doesn't have to be a physical release since everything is just promo for the tour (where the money is) anyway. Or do the spotify and limited vinyl run.

That is actually a great idea with no need to release a physical copy. You might have hit the nail on the head. Actually I look for that to be the only way artists will release new material at some point in the near future. 

9 hours ago, Legendador said:

I don't see Axl releasing an ep or just a few tunes. I think it's a full album or nothing. So a full album. Plus after almost 10 years of no release and this is not counting how long it will take if ever to be released, I don't feel like Axl can do another musical statement in just a few tunes.t

But I'll take anything of course. A movie soundtrack could be cool but if there is no immediate release at the horizon, does it really worth it for Axl to do that? people don't really buy rock albums anymore, the reason is mostly artistic if they do it. also a good excuse to tour more without losing precious integrity.

Hopefully things will remain punk as fuck and after the last leg of the neverending tour and when Slash is not busy Axl can lock him up in his Chinese leftover box until it's better. Let it stew.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

With slash and duff on board, the record label would definately be pushing for a release, and probably willing to throw whatever amount of money at it as gnr wants. Which could be a curse.

hopefully they just do something like the foo fighters on one of their albums and record in garage, no heavy tinkering or pro tools.

cant remember which album it was but I think it won a Grammy lol

I want CD 2 with Robin, Richard, and Buckethead. 

I expect some tracks to have Slash and Duff on it, being realistic but I think it will have a heavy amount of material that was supposed to be on the self titled GNR record commonly referred to as CD 2 that was expected to be released several years ago. A lot of those songs are 20 years old now, they need to get them out there and start with something fresh in time.

We know there were 32 or so tracks completed total with CD. There are well over a dozen new songs and covers I saw intended for CD2, along with some remixes or re-worked CD songs, and a new Silkworms and OMG.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1