Guns N' Roses 2019 Plans?

On 09/10/2018 at 12:37 AM, Draguns said:

Well this would fall in line with Terminator 6: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_6 The untitled Terminator film is scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox on November 15, 2019.

Where is all this talk coming from about Guns doing a song for Terminator 6? I see people mentioning it so often as if it's a given, but was it ever anything more than wishful thinking?

10 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Nobody gives a shit about CD. Now fewer than ever.

Are you being serious? At least half this forum would disagree with that.

8 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

What do you mean by promoting CD2? Touring with a CD-era lineup? I don't think that would work anymore. 

Obviously not. Artists don't necessarily tour to support reissues - some do, but it's not the majority. Guns didn't even tour to support L&L, they were already doing it for 2 years by that point anyway, and didn't do even do any promotion with the exception of a few cringy unboxing videos.

Hell, Axl didn't even do anything to promote CD when it was released. 

1 hour ago, Azifwekare said:

Where is all this talk coming from about Guns doing a song for Terminator 6? I see people mentioning it so often as if it's a given, but was it ever anything more than wishful thinking?

I don't think it's wishful thinking. Arnold is coming back and is a HUGE GNR fan. You have Linda Hamilton and James Cameron coming back as well. Lastly, this new Terminator movie will be after T2.  They are wiping out the other sequels in  the franchise. Considering that T2 has been the most successful movie in this franchise, they'll want to bring in the elements that made T2 successful. GNR had a part in making T2 a successful movie. 

1 hour ago, Draguns said:

I don't think it's wishful thinking. Arnold is coming back and is a HUGE GNR fan. You have Linda Hamilton and James Cameron coming back as well. Lastly, this new Terminator movie will be after T2.  They are wiping out the other sequels in  the franchise. Considering that T2 has been the most successful movie in this franchise, they'll want to bring in the elements that made T2 successful. GNR had a part in making T2 a successful movie. 

Fuckin good i never liked the other franchises. A bit like star wars.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Well if skmc wrap up touring for april/ may not including the odd festival here and there they could release a song or an album whoch would give the band a good 6 months of working or reworking " something " as part of the promotion of the movie.Wishful thinking.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 hours ago, Azifwekare said:

Are you being serious? At least half this forum would disagree with that.

In your wet dreams. And even if it would be somwhat half this forum, which it definitely isn't, this forum is not representative. It's the tinyiest fraction. Ask the people who made them make close to half a billion $ on this tour and you will see that no one would give a shit about GNR music without Slash.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lio said:

I don't see how releasing CD2 would be the logical thing to do. At all. Only Axl, Dizzy and Richard are still around from that time. It would make no sense at all for Axl to release a GNR album featuring anyone else than the current line-up. People would feel ripped off if they bought a new GNR album without Slash, or Duff. It would be beyond ridiculous, in my opinion. And I like CD.

The only logical option is a new album with Slash and Duff. They could also have recycled reworked CD2 songs for all I care, but an album with people who have been gone for a decade and no casual knows, while you have Slash and Duff back in the band, makes zero sense.

Yes. And even if it made sense to Axl, it wouldn't to the record label.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Blackstar said:

Yes. And even if it made sense to Axl, it wouldn't to the record label.

True, you won't catch me making any assumptions about what Axl finds the logical thing to do :lol: I'm trying to think like an average person here.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wasted said:

Slash just gave CD his seal of approval, with the caveat that he rework the guitar parts. 

So half (maybe less) the album will be Axl/CD era material reworked by Slash, half new stuff. 

Slash gave the album his seal of approval way back when it was released. 

1 hour ago, Lio said:

I don't see how releasing CD2 would be the logical thing to do. At all. Only Axl, Dizzy and Richard are still around from that time. It would make no sense at all for Axl to release a GNR album featuring anyone else than the current line-up. People would feel ripped off if they bought a new GNR album without Slash, or Duff. It would be beyond ridiculous, in my opinion. And I like CD.

Opening the vault on a CD reissue wouldn't be any different than when they did the same for the L&L set (without having Izzy & Steven on the tour - a fact that many on the forum wouldn't let us forget).

Edited by Azifwekare

20 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Does anyone think he was being honest though?. Or just offering praise in the hope something may happen later down the track.

15 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Opening the vault on a CD reissue wouldn't be any different than when they did the same for the L&L set (without having Izzy & Steven on the tour - a fact that many on the forum wouldn't let us forget).

And still dont:lol:

11 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

It would be totally different. It's incomparable even.

AFD was and is a huge success. CD isn't. No one's waiting for a CD reissue. (By no one, I mean a negligeable quantity, of course.) As @Blackstar said, why would the label ever give one more cent to a reissue of an infamous album puzzled together from dozens of largely unknown musicians who haven't been a part of the band in over a decade, in some cases, while we have a band now that features Axl, Slash and Duff?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lio said:

It would be totally different. It's incomparable even.

AFD was and is a huge success. CD isn't. No one's waiting for a CD reissue. (By no one, I mean a negligeable quantity, of course.) As @Blackstar said, why would the label ever give one more cent to a reissue of an infamous album puzzled together from dozens of largely unknown musicians who haven't been a part of the band in over a decade, in some cases, while we have a band now that features Axl, Slash and Duff?

1) They didn't lose any money on that album (the Best Buy deal was an instant profit for the label), so they wouldn't be out of pocket for releasing extra albums of material that didn't cost them any extra to record. There's a market there (although of course smaller than AFD) and there will always be gullible consumers waiting to have a grand sucked out of them :lol:.

2) They want Axl to give them a reunion album don't they? I'm sure if Axl did in fact want to release any kind of CD reissue and the label said no, he would simply tell them to go fuck themselves, just the same as when he wasn't satisfied with how they dealt with the original release.

- kind of like when Prince refused to give Warner Bros. the Purple Rain Deluxe set they were waiting for until they released not one, but two of his new albums first. In the end, they only got their hands on it after he died - wait, this isn't ending well...

Edited by Azifwekare

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Not accurate imo. In a video interview around the time of release Slash said Axl's vocals were great, but he kinda insinuated the music wasn't. Now he praises Bucket's work, then he said he knew all the players except Bucket and that his style wasn't something Slash was into. (that kind of guitar playing is what he said I believe)

Edited by Rovim

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

Not accurate imo. In a video interview around the time of release Slash said Axl's vocals were great, but he kinda insinuated the music wasn't. Now he praises Bucket's work, then he said he knew all the players except Bucket and that his style wasn't something Slash was into. (that kind of guitar playing is what he said I believe)

Doesn't seem like anything negative to me:
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash-says-chinese-democracy-was-the-perfect-axl-record/

2019 schedule, just leaked:

01-Play Shotgun Blues and release a single for the "new song"

02-Re-record chinese stuff, then have a nap, then tell media they have been recording but no one knows anything about releasing the stuff.

03-Tour with new backgorund animations and new microphones and call the tour "NITLT Reloaded"

04-Shut down YT channels and fanpages on mondays, because mondays are boring.

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2