Guns N' Roses 2019 Plans?

I feel a lot better about the odds of the band entering a studio next year after Slash and Duff's latest round of interviews.

Sure, it could very well be the exact same things we've heard from Fortus and Dizzy over the years, but I feel like Slash and Duff have a much better chance of persuading Axl to hit the studio than anybody else.

I feel like them going into a studio and playing the occasional festival date is somewhat plausible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I wonder how many new songs would have Duff and/or Melissa on lead vocals? Assuming they don't use only CD-era leftovers, I'm guessing at least 1 or 2...

If an album pushes through I don't see why they'd put a song with Melissa on lead vocals. I get Duff, but Melissa... pssh 

2 minutes ago, GoForJMark said:

If an album pushes through I don't see why they'd put a song with Melissa on lead vocals. I get Duff, but Melissa... pssh 

I could see them doing a song where she's at least prominent in the mix, like co-lead vocals or something. Instead of 10 layers of Axl, throw some Melissa harmonies in there. But mostly I think if they include her vocals, it'll be on a new song (written during/after NITL) that Axl or Duff couldn't finish lyrics to. We know the lyrics on CD and some of the best UYI songs took a long time, so it wouldn't surprise me if they filled an album out with Duff/Melissa songs.

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I could see them doing a song where she's at least prominent in the mix, like co-lead vocals or something. Instead of 10 layers of Axl, throw some Melissa harmonies in there. But mostly I think if they include her vocals, it'll be on a new song (written during/after NITL) that Axl or Duff couldn't finish lyrics to. We know the lyrics on CD and some of the best UYI songs took a long time, so it wouldn't surprise me if they filled an album out with Duff/Melissa songs.

That'll be too cheesy lol

Just now, GoForJMark said:

That'll be too cheesy lol

I think with Axl's mentality/history of integrating new members it's not out of the question that there's a song where she'd get a spotlight. Something to legitimize her presence in the band. Even NuGNR had a song where Axl only did backing vocals (though it was unreleased, but at least it was on setlists).

If Slash is right in saying NITL is over in November, then I'm hoping once he finishes up touring his record, that they get some music recorded and then they can do another few cycles around the world and make even more hundreds of millions.

I'm at the stage of my life where I find it incredibly hard to picture myself listening to new GN'R content that has been officially released. We are now one month away from the tenth anniversary of Chinese. Time has flown but it's such a draining experience following this band at times. Even though how frustrating it has been with no new material in 10 years, I'm hoping that it turns out to be a blessing in disguise and that they cherry pick the best of whatever Axl has and work on it to get it out there. There is still potential for Guns to be a very productive band in regards to new music. 

• Like 2

I recall a rumor going around from a supposed 'insider' that a big GNR announcement would happen in April 2019. I assumed it would be more tour dates but if Slash really says its over this year then I guess not. This insider apparently got stuff right in the past so who knows? 

1 minute ago, History2010 said:

I recall a rumor going around from a supposed 'insider' that a big GNR announcement would happen in April 2019. I assumed it would be more tour dates but if Slash really says its over this year then I guess not. This insider apparently got stuff right in the past so who knows? 

That's an old "insider" trick; throw lots of vague stuff out there and hope to get some of it right. I don't recall anything where anyone has said anything about April 2019, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had. These people like to throw out dates in the future, that way they can win if it's right or just say "plans changed" when it probably doesn't happen.

• Like 3

Just now, RussTCB said:

That's an old "insider" trick; throw lots of vague stuff out there and hope to get some of it right. I don't recall anything where anyone has said anything about April 2019, but it wouldn't surprise me if they had. These people like to throw out dates in the future, that way they can win if it's right or just say "plans changed" when it probably doesn't happen.

It was a Brazilian person on Facebook if I remember correctly? It was posted here on the forum not too long ago.