Greta Thunberg's Groupie

Axl's Agony Aunt

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yes, I do make fun of idiots and people who don't need any defense, like grandpa Axl and other dudes of the sort.

But Greta is still a kid, so anyone making fun of her, especially grown up people, should just F.O. because it is pathetic to make fun of children and teenagers.

You do no good by posting those things. Actually, it feels like you enjoy re-posting them and I'm sorry if it's not really your intention, but if you're as worried about her as you say you are, you wouldn't be replicating those stupid memes in a forum. Reposting the bullying doesn't help her at all.

well if you paid attention (obviously you don't, but for argument's sake) you'd have understood that my stance is, that social media is a poison, and the backlash that greta will no doubt face, and is already facing, is obviously too much for a 16 year old to bare. The videos I posted further underline my worries, as they clearly show what is happening out there. I was assured on here, by various people (people like @soon, @EvanG @SoulMonsterand @Oldest Goat), that greta is a "real boss", and "she will cope with it, even laugh with it" @soon further made fun of the videos, and even wondered why I found them offensive in the first place. "it's just a joke", he and others claimed

So think of the irony here, when it's me who you blame.

Yes, she IS still a kid. Glad you noticed. So in short, you're pretty much agreeing with me and you mistake my reposting of these videos as if I'm a bully myself. Why don't you have a talk with the people I posted, and try to convince them, like me, that greta is still just a kid, and needs to be protected from this venom?

Edited by action

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

No, they're not ''highly offensive'' for fuck's sake. They're just jokes, which everyone could have seen coming after she gave a ''dramatic'' speech like that, including her. I even had to chuckle when the Belgian guy said ''strekenwijf''. But I doubt Greta will let some silly joke or parody get to her, or I doubt she's watching them anyway, I'm sure she has something better to do. Even if she doesn't see the humour, I'm sure something like this won't keep her up at night. You said that you think you have Asperger's too, and I'm starting to think you are right.

here, you make fun of the video:

8 hours ago, soon said:

A cute, funny, innocuous comedy sketch gets a warning now?? WTF is going on here?? :lol: Talk about trying to manufacturer drama!

Next time Ill take a warning for the video labeled "good" with 4 minutes of a right wing blow hard talking nonsense please.

you're litterally rolling on the floor laughing in the next post:

8 hours ago, soon said:

I love comedy. :lol: Like pretty much everyone does. :shrugs::lol: WTF:rofl-lol:  I guess I should be honoured that like Greta you have chosen to pronounce odd and baseless assumptions about? :headbang:

4 minutes ago, soon said:

I did neither "make fun of the videos" nor say the words you quote me saying. 

On 26/09/2019 at 6:41 AM, action said:

there is a huge difference with how the scientific world views asperger's syndrome (the post you just made), and how society views and treats it.

the latter is what's affecting these people's lives the most, sadly

Sorry, I didn't understand the point you were trying to make there.

11 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Sorry, I didn't understand the point you were trying to make there.

scientists have the best understanding of "aspergers", it's their job. they understand, that "aspergers" actually has some benefits over people who are not "asperger's". For example they are very talented at analysing complex problems, they have creative outbursts etc.

but the people on the streets, they hear "asperger" and at best they have a vague idea of what it means. Most people just view them as "weird". For someone who has aspergers, and is labeled as such, this means bad news as it gives them less chances in life.

I'm not sure why I brought that up anymore, it was probably in response to someone trying to downplay the impact of labels like "aspergers" in real life

On 4/24/2019 at 12:58 PM, Lio said:

Picking on Britain? I think she's just trying to raise awareness wherever she can, no? She's been to Brussels quite a few times now, but I don't feel as if she's picking on Belgium or Europe. It's lame to say: but look, those others are doing much worse! That's always the safest way not to get anything done.

It's not that long ago everyone was saying how young people can't be bothered to do anything anymore and aren't interested in anything at all but themselves. I can only support dedication and idealism.

its like preaching on GNR forum that Justin Bieber sucks.

all you gonna get is a reaction like this:

you-dont-say-memes-com-14014390.png

Edited by username05

4 minutes ago, action said:

scientists have the best understanding of "aspergers", it's their job. they understand, that "aspergers" actually has some benefits over people who are not "asperger's". For example they are very talented at analysing complex problems, they have creative outbursts etc.

but the people on the streets, they hear "asperger" and at best they have a vague idea of what it means. Most people just view them as "weird". For someone who has aspergers, and is labeled as such, this means bad news as it gives them less chances in life.

I'm not sure why I brought that up anymore, it was probably in response to someone trying to downplay the impact of labels like "aspergers" in real life

Its a diagnosis that requires a multi agency approach. It's a spectrum of behaviours so it needs occupational therapist, paediatrician, speech therapist, nursery/teachers and parents.  My 4 year old son is autistic and his traits are quite severe in that he is completely non verbal, has had to develop his own coping strategies when over stimulated or his routine is interupted like humming, spinning and self harming. I'm not sure Aspergers as a one size fits all is the way to describe it. It makes much more sense to me to view it as a spectrum because my son's behaviours are vastly different to someone else on the spectrum (as we all are. 

• GNFNR 2

52 minutes ago, action said:

well if you paid attention (obviously you don't, but for argument's sake) you'd have understood that my stance is, that social media is a poison, and the backlash that greta will no doubt face, and is already facing, is obviously too much for a 16 year old to bare. The videos I posted further underline my worries, as they clearly show what is happening out there. I was assured on here, by various people (people like @soon, @EvanG @SoulMonsterand @Oldest Goat), that greta is a "real boss", and "she will cope with it, even laugh with it" @soon further made fun of the videos, and even wondered why I found them offensive in the first place. "it's just a joke", he and others claimed

So think of the irony here, when it's me who you blame.

Anyone who's been on the Internet for a long time know how dangerous social media and other websites can get, but that doesn't mean that we've not advanced in terms of legal protection regarding Internet crimes. Much of that backlash can be reported if it crosses a certain line, accounts can be blocked and reported on most social media sites and if taking a break from them is needed, you can go that route as well.

I don't know much about Greta personal's life but from the outside, she seems a pretty laid back girl most of the time. Actually, she replies with serenity and a smile when they ask her about the "grown up men" making fun of her. If she's coached on how to publicly react to those things, she will be just fine, so I really don't understand why you act excessively concerned and worried about her, as if you could apply determinism on the life of someone, especially a young kid who's got (in theory) many decades ahead of her :shrugs:

1 hour ago, action said:

Yes, she IS still a kid. Glad you noticed. So in short, you're pretty much agreeing with me and you mistake my reposting of these videos as if I'm a bully myself. Why don't you have a talk with the people I posted, and try to convince them, like me, that greta is still just a kid, and needs to be protected from this venom?

Umm... I don't want to convince anyone of anything. People can think whatever they want, but really... who doesn't see Greta as a kid here? :question:

Most of us see her for what she is but at the same time, many of us do not think that the best way for her to deal with this is to hide her and lock her in her bedroom until she's what..... at what age do you think she should be allowed to face the world? 25-30? :lol:

See, it's ridiculous what you're saying.... People grow up and mature as they live and that's what Greta needs. She needs to live her own life and make her own mistakes. Being overprotective of her will only ruin her self-esteem and make her a weak person. Why would you want that for her?

Yes, she needs to be protected in a healthy way. For example, I'd hire a community manager for her social media and do some team work with them.

However, it's not only Greta who should take care of herself. All those people who harass her online, they should receive a punishment and learn that a child must not be threatened, made fun of or bullied.

That's where you should put your focus, in the adult pieces of shit. Not in the kid who's done nothing wrong.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Anyone who's been on the Internet for a long time know how dangerous social media and other websites can get, but that doesn't mean that we've not advanced in terms of legal protection regarding Internet crimes. Much of that backlash can be reported if it crosses a certain line, accounts can be blocked and reported on most social media sites and if taking a break from them is needed, you can go that route as well.

I don't know much about Greta personal's life but from the outside, she seems a pretty laid back girl most of the time. Actually, she replies with serenity and a smile when they ask her about the "grown up men" making fun of her. If she's coached on how to publicly react to those things, she will be just fine, so I really don't understand why you act excessively concerned and worried about her, as if you could apply determinism on the life of someone, especially a young kid who's got (in theory) many decades ahead of her :shrugs:

Umm... I don't want to convince anyone of anything. People can think whatever they want, but really... who doesn't see Greta as a kid here? :question:

Most of us see her for what she is but at the same time, many of us do not think that the best way for her to deal with this is to hide her and lock her in her bedroom until she's what..... at what age do you think she should be allowed to face the world? 25-30? :lol:

See, it's ridiculous what you're saying.... People grow up and mature as they live and that's what Greta needs. She needs to live her own life and make her own mistakes. Being overprotective of her will only ruin her self-esteem and make her a weak person. Why would you want that for her?

Yes, she needs to be protected in a healthy way. For example, I'd hire a community manager for her social media and do some team work with them.

However, it's not only Greta who should take care of herself. All those people who harass her online, they should receive a punishment and learn that a child must not be threatened, made fun of or bullied.

That's where you should put your focus, in the adult pieces of shit. Not in the kid who's done nothing wrong.

a well meant suggestion you make.

my suggestion is more cost-efficient however, but I respect your opinion.

26 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Its a diagnosis that requires a multi agency approach. It's a spectrum of behaviours so it needs occupational therapist, paediatrician, speech therapist, nursery/teachers and parents.  My 4 year old son is autistic and his traits are quite severe in that he is completely non verbal, has had to develop his own coping strategies when over stimulated or his routine is interupted like humming, spinning and self harming. I'm not sure Aspergers as a one size fits all is the way to describe it. It makes much more sense to me to view it as a spectrum because my son's behaviours are vastly different to someone else on the spectrum (as we all are. 

I'm sorry to hear that about your son. I have a son too, and trust me I know where you're coming from. I've had my share of problems with my kid too, visited hospitals more than I could emotionally handle, but I'm not going to give more details (I've already had a negative experience on here with disclosing I suspect I have aspergers too, and that didn't last long before it backfired).

but yeah, I respect your situation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, action said:

I'm sorry to hear that about your son. I have a son too, and trust me I know where you're coming from. I've had my share of problems with my kid too, visited hospitals more than I could emotionally handle, but I'm not going to give more details (I've already had a negative experience on here with disclosing I suspect I have aspergers too, and that didn't last long before it backfired).

but yeah, I respect your situation.

Good man, thank you. Hope your family are doing well now. Weird as it might sound though I have trouble with sympathy for him because he's the happiest kid and it doesn't feel necessary.