Bill and Ted 3

On 07/05/2020 at 6:33 PM, Dazey said:

You fucking bellend!

I just couldn’t fuckin’ hack it man.  It fuckin’ worked in the early 90s when i was a fuckin kid and I saw the first one but I’m sitting there now aged 36 watching them go ‘EXCELLENT’ do their fuckin’ air guitar and I just wanna fuckin’ knock em out.  Surely I can fuckin’ find better things to do at my age than sit around all afternoon watching Bill and Teds Bogus Bollocks, the fuckin’ idea of it is better than the reality man, it belongs where it belongs, in my memory of the fuckin’ 90s or 80s or whenever I saw the fucker.  The fuckin’ two English birds in the band proper made my fuckin’ teeth itch too.  I’m watching George Carlin thinkin’ come on son, you’re fuckin’ better than this :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

The band Mastodon did a song for the movie.

"With the movie industry, they were, like, 'We want a song for the movie, and this is the description of the part.' So we wrote something, and we turned it in, and we don't hear back for weeks, for months. And then they're, like, 'Yeah, well, the director doesn't really like this part' — I guess like a 20-second clip — and he's, like, 'Yeah, he doesn't like this. Can you change this?' And I'm, like, 'No. I can't. I'm not changing it. I'm sorry. Don't use the song then.' I was pissed. They were, like, 'They wanted more like an AC/DC style,' and I'm, like, 'Then fucking call AC/DC.'

"We wrote a killer fucking song, and the music director of the movie, he's the one that chose us, he loves the song, but the director is, like, 'Well, this is clashing with that,'" he added. "I'm, like, 'You've had it for months. Why didn't you tell us months ago?' Especially now with the pandemic, nobody's in the same room together. It's not like we all live in the same studio and we can just pull stuff out of our ass all day long."

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-mastodon-song-to-be-featured-in-bill-ted-face-the-music-movie/

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Graeme said:

It looks like a Bill and Ted film, stylistically at least. The plot can be as silly as it wants, as long as it's funny, exciting and charming. Fingers crossed it holds up for the run time.

That's what I'm hoping for. Overall, I actually liked the second one better than the first. Alex Winter took a long time with the script for this, so I'm hopeful that it'll turn out well. 

The trailer looks good. I hope they don’t over do it on the special effects and stay true to the first movie, one cool thing I noticed is that they’re using the phone booth from the first movie with the antenna on top and not that futuristic one With the pop up thing from the 2nd movie.

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I would prefer another John Wick movie atthis point.

Hang tight - it's coming. It was announced for 2021 but they recently pushed it back to 2022, in part due to COVID but also because of a scheduling conflict with The Matrix 4 filming.

• Like 2

I loved the first two movies but dont they can pull off a third in their 50s and in the 2020s. Unfortunately the times of the last two films are long gone.

22 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That's what I'm hoping for. Overall, I actually liked the second one better than the first. Alex Winter took a long time with the script for this, so I'm hopeful that it'll turn out well. 

I think Death stole the show in the second one. He was a great addition.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vloors said:

I loved the first two movies but dont they can pull off a third in their 50s and in the 2020s. Unfortunately the times of the last two films are long gone.

I think Death stole the show in the second one. He was a great addition.

"DAMN RIGHT" haha

1 hour ago, Creed said:

I disagree on the the first statement, because a good movie and their actors aint good or bad because of the age of their ensemble. 

But i agree with the addition of Death. His addition is as good as Arnie in T-2.

Its not if they are good actors or not. The times have changed since the 80s and 90s and its hard to pull off these sorts of movies now in the 2020s. 

Hope im wrong though and its great.

9 hours ago, Creed said:

It looks ok. The only funny thing was their jail clones. But i would have prefered an old school look. Why does every new movie looks so clean and polished...the movies from the 80s had so much charm and style... todays movies seems to be just renting a studio and using cgi...

At least it Looks better than Dumb and Dumber To. Holy cow was that movie bad in its story and production value. 

If i would be a director, i would buy an old camera and shoot it old school. You can still do a 4k scaling.

I agree that the “grainy” look of older films made them more charming, and that newer films are too “clean” looking now. Sadly, I don’t think this will change.

6 hours ago, Mysteron said:

I'm glad Death's in it

It's one of these films, it feels and looks very wrong, but it's Bill and Ted, it's got to be done. The promo was better than I thought it was going to be.

You’re right, it does look wrong. But I think that’s just because they’re so much older and that sort of comedy is quite dated imo. It’s definitely going to be targeted at people 30+. I doubt anyone under 30 would be interested or even find it funny

On 6/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, rocknroll41 said:

I agree that the “grainy” look of older films made them more charming, and that newer films are too “clean” looking now. Sadly, I don’t think this will change.

It's, sadly, the way the brain can instantly perceive and identify video over film.

Film is tactile. It's an intermediate. It's real and it has flaws to it - but the brain can see the canvas of it. High Definition video does not have the same effect on the brain. It's perceived as reality, which can be strange and a bummer when your mind is trying to wrap it around a story.

Film is majorly expensive in comparison to video, which isn't expensive at all - so 90% of all movies made are made with video or a combination thereof. It won't change. The only thing we can hope for is that video advances to a place where they can really simulate the canvas of film - but it will still be a fugazi.

As far as Bill and Ted go...yeah, putting something that heightened and weird on something your brain tells you is supposed to be real, generates feelings of ambivalence. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, appetite4illusions said:

It's, sadly, the way the brain can instantly perceive and identify video over film.

Film is tactile. It's an intermediate. It's real and it has flaws to it - but the brain can see the canvas of it. High Definition video does not have the same effect on the brain. It's perceived as reality, which can be strange and a bummer when your mind is trying to wrap it around a story.

Film is majorly expensive in comparison to video, which isn't expensive at all - so 90% of all movies made are made with video or a combination thereof. It won't change. The only thing we can hope for is that video advances to a place where they can really simulate the canvas of film - but it will still be a fugazi.

As far as Bill and Ted go...yeah, putting something that heightened and weird on something your brain tells you is supposed to be real, generates feelings of ambivalence. 

Very well said! Thanks for spelling it out. I knew my brain was already thinking these things, but I could never articulate it as well as you just did!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Anyone seen the new full trailer? It actually looks decent. The comic con panel yesterday was also cool

https://youtu.be/bz4We5Wizjg

Looks great! The daughters seem awesome, and the whole thing about them going on similar adventures that their dads went on back in the day is clever, while the dads visit “alternate futures” or whatever. I imagine the daughters will help write the magic song too, or maybe even just write it themselves!

Happy to see that the movie is coming out on VOD!

• Like 3