NITLT 8 New dates Announced

6 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Which is why I said DEEMED what they're worth. Not what they're actually worth or deserve. If you work for someone they pay you what they think you, or the position you hold, is worth. There's really no arguing that point. And, typically, you're told what you're going to be paid for a job before you start. So it's kinda on you to make that decision if you wanna do it or not...

No, people usually pay the minimal amount legally possible to keep costs down and profit up which is why so many people can't pay their shit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well the person DEEMING what someone is worth is often in a position of ludicrous wealth and power, to the point where people have no choice but to work for that pay. It's nothing to do with DEEMING anything - it's to do with how little they can legally pay someone. 

I's not up to people to make the decision whether they want to work for that though is it? What are they going to do if they think it's too low and they're in area or position where it's the only job they can do, or find? Say no and starve? 

Honestly, these arguments are such bollocks - the only people that ever spout them ae the super rich. 

I'm not super rich but I believe that :shrugs:

All I'll say is I am constantly taking classes, new trainings, earning certifications, etc. because I know if I don't keep up with the industry I'm in it'll leave me behind.  BUT this conversation has already veered off topic and should probably be picked up in another section of the forum. 

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

No, people usually pay the minimal amount legally possible to keep costs down and profit up which is why so many people can't pay their shit

Then make yourself more valuable so that you don't have to work for someone who's going to pay you the lowest amount they can. I felt I was underpaid so I started my own business. :shrugs:

edit: to keep it on topic, I do hope you find a way to make it to one of the new dates announced (if you want to go)! 

Edited by JimMorrison4

I wanna clarify something else:

If you look back in the thread, you'll see where I was already probably not going to change my plans for a Vegas vacation to accommodate seeing GN'R and that's when I was guessing the that tickets would be $200 - $400. It's not that I couldn't afford that price range, it was just a matter of not wanting to re-arrange my vacation plans to work the show in.

Then I saw the prices and actually went from not caring about the show to being angry about the ticket prices. It's just very bothersome to me that an artist I support could think about charging their fans that. If I really wanted to, I could put together the scratch so it's not about the cost for me personally. Again, I was already probably going to pass if the show was reasonable. To me, it's more about how repugnant it is for an "artist" to charge their fans those kinds of prices.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JimMorrison4 said:

Then make yourself more valuable so that you don't have to work for someone who's going to pay you the lowest amount they can. I felt I was underpaid so I started my own business. :shrugs:

Lucky you. 

I'm in a similar position, but that doesn't exclude me from sympathizing or understanding other's difficulties and issues. 

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

If you look back in the thread, you'll see where I was already probably not going to change my plans for a Vegas vacation to accommodate seeing GN'R and that's when I was guessing the that tickets would be $200 - $400. It's not that I couldn't afford that price range, it was just a matter of not wanting to re-arrange my vacation plans to work the show in.

Then I saw the prices and actually went from not caring about the show to being angry about the ticket prices. It's just very bothersome to me that an artist I support could think about charging their fans that. If I really wanted to, I could put together the scratch so it's not about the cost for me personally. Again, I was already probably going to pass if the show was reasonable. To me, it's more about how repugnant it is for an "artist" to charge their fans those kinds of prices.

Absolutely. That sums it up. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimMorrison4 said:

edit: to keep it on topic, I do hope you find a way to make it to one of the new dates announced (if you want to go)! 

This argument doesn't apply as much to me but I empathize with the millions of people it does. Fuck off :shrugs:

Just now, JimMorrison4 said:

Very "edgy" ending to your argument. Good talk lol

I don't really have a side to take between you two but I will say that I think neither you nor @ZoSoRose have handled your arguments well. The way I've read your posts come off as if you're acting like you're explaining economics and the job market to a toddler which you certainly are not. ZoSo didn't need to get as aggressive as he did, but he may have just been reacting to the tone of your posts. Again, I'm just going by my own perception of your posts on the subject.

Either way, I do think this really could have been a good talk if both of you had approached it a little better.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Natty said:

yeah on weekends. they are at home from monday to friday... and football games usually don t require you to travel all over the world but only within your Country... 😉

People keep save money during 4 years just to go see world football coup and travelling on everywhere part of the world. Football fans are worst that GNR fans. Here the issue is the high prices, isn't judge other fans. I want clear that i never would see any show, just not need ridiculize other fans.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't really have a side to take between you two but I will say that I think neither you nor @ZoSoRose have handled your arguments well. The way I've read your posts come off as if you're acting like you're explaining economics and the job market to a toddler which you certainly are not. ZoSo didn't need to get as aggressive as he did, but he may have just been reacting to the tone of your posts. Again, I'm just going by my own perception of your posts on the subject.

Either way, I do think this really could have been a good talk if both of you had approached it a little better.

I agree but I do have an issue with people acting like those beneath them economically are simply a product of "how hard they work." Especially when they are condescending

• Like 2

I can understand people complaining about ticket pricing, but why drag fans into the conversation just because they are able to afford going to a lot of shows. It's their money and they should be able to spend it how they please. I have gotten to know Margott pretty well on Nightrain and she is actually a very nice lady that just happens to love GNR. Nothing wrong with that at all. 😕

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

I agree but I do have an issue with people acting like those beneath them economically are simply a product of "how hard they work." Especially when they are condescending

I agree with that as well. I pointed out where I thought both of you were wrong and I included that part in where I thought JM4 was wrong. I ain't mad at either of ya, I'm just saying I think you guys could have had a much more interesting discussion of both of you had gone about it differently. 

• Like 1

Just now, BlueJean Baby said:

I can understand people complaining about ticket pricing, but why drag fans into the conversation just because they are able to afford going to a lot of shows. It's their money and they should be able to spend it how they please. I have gotten to know Margott pretty well on Nightrain and she is actually a very nice lady that just happens to love GNR. Nothing wrong with that at all. 😕

Yeah, that certainly seems to be where the thread took a left turn lol.

Like some have said; if people can afford to go to multiple shows, good for them. If others choose not to go to even one show, good for them. It doesn't make one set of fans better than the others IMO. I think we can all agree the Vegas prices are ridiculous though lol

• Like 3

It is absurd amount of money but I spend a fair bit - nothing like those prices though - watching chaps play in whites delivering balls to two other chaps in whites for six hours, in between lunch and tea intervals, or waiting around in the rain for chaps to play in whites, so everyone has their odd things which they spend money on that people find utterly bizarre. Everyone has their quirks. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

To be fair it, it’s Vegas. There is a lot of wealth in Vegas and there are many people who have the cash to purchase those tickets. Or maybe those tickets will be comped to high rollers, etc. Vegas is a different animal. Yeah, maybe it won’t be for the diehard fans to attend, but the band is playing cities they have not played before. I live two hours away from OKC and Wichita. The band are playing those cities for the fans who didn’t have access before, that’s something that deserves some recognition. And the prices are silly as fuck. 600$ for a floor seat. But most of those tickets will eventually be discounted. But, the price points are kinda sickening. Metallica charged 40$ for higher bowl tickets in Wichita. 

43 minutes ago, Ratam said:

People keep save money during 4 years just to go see world football coup and travelling on everywhere part of the world. Football fans are worst that GNR fans. Here the issue is the high prices, isn't judge other fans. I want clear that i never would see any show, just not need ridiculize other fans.

This is not an issue of who's worse. To some Football is what to us is GNR. So whatever... both have nutty fans. Just a matter of perception of who's "worse".

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Nobody ever said that they are not nice. Just people like that, who pay any price and always go for the most expensive packages are the ones who drive the price up. The band is asking what the market is willing to pay. People like that are the market.

Edited by PatrickS77

22 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

To be fair it, it’s Vegas. There is a lot of wealth in Vegas and there are many people who have the cash to purchase those tickets. Or maybe those tickets will be comped to high rollers, etc. Vegas is a different animal. Yeah, maybe it won’t be for the diehard fans to attend, but the band is playing cities they have not played before. I live two hours away from OKC and Wichita. The band are playing those cities for the fans who didn’t have access before, that’s something that deserves some recognition. And the prices are silly as fuck. 600$ for a floor seat. But most of those tickets will eventually be discounted. But, the price points are kinda sickening. Metallica charged 40$ for higher bowl tickets in Wichita. 

This band does nothing "for the fans" and that's ok, It's a business and I get that, same with the $1,000 boxset release and $300 stadium seats. Ridiculous prices to boost their bank accounts, the fans mean absolutely nothing and nothing they do caters to the fans. 

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Well the person DEEMING what someone is worth is often in a position of ludicrous wealth and power, to the point where people have no choice but to work for that pay. It's nothing to do with DEEMING anything - it's to do with how little they can legally pay someone. 

I's not up to people to make the decision whether they want to work for that though is it? What are they going to do if they think it's too low and they're in area or position where it's the only job they can do, or find? Say no and starve? 

Honestly, these arguments are such bollocks - the only people that ever spout them ae the super rich. 

I agree with you, but sadly , is the capitalism baby and the jungle too.