NITLT 8 New dates Announced

5 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Its gonna be sold out, so economics 101 tells us this is still too cheap. Supply/demand.

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Lol. There's simply no way they will sell out both shows with face value tickets at those prices. Prices will fluctuate a lot between now and the shows. A ton of them will be given away through many different outlets in Vegas as well. Sure, every seat will be filled but not necessarily because it's "sold out" by the traditional definition of the term. 

Also, that might be economics 101 but then there's that old idea that just because an artist could charge a certain price doesn't mean they should. 

Yeah I don't think it will sell out either. The prices are just too high for that.

45 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It is a fucking regular show. Just in Las Vegas. Acts are doing shows left and right in Las Vegas. There is no need to find excuses for a band that charges even more outragous prices than others. There are also acts who play in Las Vegas and have tickets that are affordable. And if GNR insists on their arena profits, well then they should just fucking play in a fucking arena.

I would rather pay less to see them in an arena than pay those prices for a smaller venue. I do wish they would do more smaller shows but the prices would be through the roof for all of them.

1 hour ago, nikothebellic said:

Exactly! I can't get all these complains about the pricing of the show at Colosseum at Caesars Palace which are completely unjustified - it is a PREMIUM venue at a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. These shows aren't made fore regular fans, they are for stars and millioners who like GnR and can easily afford it. It's some sort of intimate shows by invitations (Like Apollo), but this time "invitation" means you have to afford it. And it would be sold out as "GnR in Caesars Palace" is a huge and trendy deal. That's unfortunate - yes - but doesn't mean a "cash grab", "the band is greedy" and other stuff. Probably, the price was set by the hotel, not the band, because Colosseum is OWNED by Caesars Palace - one of the most legendary hotels in Vegas. If all the tour prices will be the same, it would be fair to bitch them for it, but I doubt that they will, so we have just to accept the fact that it is not a regular show in terms of an attendence.   

Expanding on this a little:  I saw Elton John in that room in 2013, up on the 2nd balcony, and it was hands down the best sounding show I've ever seen, it was like being in the studio with him.  Its light years ahead of any arena or stadium.  Ever since then its been personal dream of mine to see GNR in that theater, I'm going both nights and can't fucking wait.  Yes its more expensive, but its a 4,000 person venue that was purpose-built with great acoustics for musicians to sound their best.  For me, that's worth a premium for sure.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nikothebellic said:

Exactly! I can't get all these complains about the pricing of the show at Colosseum at Caesars Palace which are completely unjustified - it is a PREMIUM venue at a luxury hotel in Las Vegas. These shows aren't made fore regular fans, they are for stars and millioners who like GnR and can easily afford it. It's some sort of intimate shows by invitations (Like Apollo), but this time "invitation" means you have to afford it. And it would be sold out as "GnR in Caesars Palace" is a huge and trendy deal. That's unfortunate - yes - but doesn't mean a "cash grab", "the band is greedy" and other stuff. Probably, the price was set by the hotel, not the band, because Colosseum is OWNED by Caesars Palace - one of the most legendary hotels in Vegas. If all the tour prices will be the same, it would be fair to bitch them for it, but I doubt that they will, so we have just to accept the fact that it is not a regular show in terms of an attendence.   

Wait wait wait wait wait.........have you ever attended a show at the Colosseum at Caesars in Vegas? I have and I can tell you it's neither "PREMIUM" nor is Caesars considered a "luxury hotel" by most people who visit Las Vegas. 

Some of the biggest names in music play that venue in residency form and have for years. NONE of them charge anywhere near what GN'R is asking for these two dates. So yes, it is a regular show at a regular venue. The venue just happens to be much smaller than the rest of the tour. The same thing happens for every other artist who plays there. They're all huge names who can play much bigger venues. The one difference is that GN'R is the one act way overcharging. 

13 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

Expanding on this a little:  I saw Elton John in that room in 2013, up on the 2nd balcony, and it was hands down the best sounding show I've ever seen, it was like being in the studio with him.  Its light years ahead of any arena or stadium.  Ever since then its been personal dream of mine to see GNR in that theater, I'm going both nights and can't fucking wait.  Yes its more expensive, but its a 4,000 person venue that was purpose-built with great acoustics for musicians to sound their best.  For me, that's worth a premium for sure.  

The average ticket price for Elton John at the same venue was $200 a ticket, not $1000. So again, that's the difference. 

• Like 2

On 6/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, Legendador said:

people overestimante Izzy's input! He's cool, he did some great work with them, but his solo career is so erratic, he has like 80 songs released already, but if you put them all together they don't make a average/good GNR song.

The Ju Ju Hounds were cool, specially "Shuffle It All", but to me, that's it.

So true, it's all so same sounding. Like if you strip all the outstanding cool parts of the stones and the black crowes, you end up with 3rd rate version like Izzy's music.

I broke down and bought tickets, so I am part of the problem, but I can tell you this is the last time I am doing it. If I had not gotten my wife excited about Vegas I would have probably just not gone. She doesn't really want to see GN'R anyway, but is going for me :lol:, and she wants to go to Vegas.

I am already seeing them at LTL and Exit 111 for cheaper than these nosebleeds were. I am sure both of these shows will "sell out" but if they keep with these crazy prices even people who shell out a lot each year to see them will be tired of it. These 4,000 people shows may become the norm.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't agree with this at all. I go to gigs like this with Iron Maiden - the last tour I saw 46 shows, this tour I'll have seen 40 by the end of the tour in October. They have a lot of fans that follow them the same way I do, and the gigs really only make up a portion of why I do it - it's also to see friends I only see when I'm on tour, and it's to get out and travel and explore the world. I'm not doing it because I hate my life and I'm trying to fill some hole or something. That said, the band I'm doing this with is charging $40-100 in most markets for the best tickets, not $250-1000. Hell, I'm having a hard time stomaching the prices for Maiden in Brooklyn this year, those tickets are $175. 

Whatever job you're doing....got any vacancies!? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't agree with this at all. I go to gigs like this with Iron Maiden - the last tour I saw 46 shows, this tour I'll have seen 40 by the end of the tour in October. They have a lot of fans that follow them the same way I do, and the gigs really only make up a portion of why I do it - it's also to see friends I only see when I'm on tour, and it's to get out and travel and explore the world. I'm not doing it because I hate my life and I'm trying to fill some hole or something. That said, the band I'm doing this with is charging $40-100 in most markets for the best tickets, not $250-1000. Hell, I'm having a hard time stomaching the prices for Maiden in Brooklyn this year, those tickets are $175. 

You know Deadheads? are you the Maiden equivalent of that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

You know Deadheads? are you the Maiden equivalent of that?

I guess you could say that :lol: But again, I'm spending the same amount of money to see roughly 20 shows as you could spend to see the two Vegas shows. Insane. 

A grand for a pit ticket for this lineup and this show is a joke. And forget hearing new songs, I'd first like to hear Axl be able to sing the old songs again. His vocal condition makes this price even more laughable.

McCartney is the only current act I would pay and have payed this much for. The only other way is if Zep did the 3/4 reunion again.

1 hour ago, liqddynamite said:

Enjoy the shows!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I just don't see the need to call her crazy for doing what she loves to do, to each his or her own. I think enough has been said on this, this thread really needs to get back on topic. I agree the prices are rather exorbitant, but no need to turn that into a discussion of fans and their habits at shows and their mental state. 

In general I totally agree with you. But I really do wonder why people get that mad because of someone or something being called „crazy“. I think you are stretching the word „crazy“ and/or the phrase „he/she is crazy“ a little bit to far. To call someone  „crazy“ is not necessarily negative at all, in no way an insult. By the way, Have you ever noticed the common language on this board?! Being called crazy is one of the nicer things 😄

Anyway, I think for most of us „crazy“ just means not behaving normal, or at least behaving in a way most people don’t. And most people on this board have not been traveling around the world for three years and not been going to (nearly) every single GNR show if this tour. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

A grand for a pit ticket for this lineup and this show is a joke. And forget hearing new songs, I'd first like to hear Axl be able to sing the old songs again. His vocal condition makes this price even more laughable.

McCartney is the only current act I would pay and have payed this much for. The only other way is if Zep did the 3/4 reunion again.

I saw McCartney for like 50 bucks in 2011. He was phenomenal.

Id pay whatever price to see LZ but thats because it would legit be a once in a lifetime thing. Same with Pink Floyd, probably. Nobody else. I wpuld have for GNR if it was a one-off Slash and Axl thing but now that they have toured the world twice over, I'm good with my fill. I dont think Id travel to see them again. Especially with Axl sounding the way he does. I'm good with just seeing them when they come by me for the cheapest price offered. 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, moreblack said:

This GNR tour IS a certain generation's equivalent.

It was in 2016, but the reunion is more than 3 years ago and now it's just a regular show with probably the same set as always and a singer who is a shadow of his former self 

16 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I saw McCartney for like 50 bucks in 2011. He was phenomenal.

Id pay whatever price to see LZ but thats because it would legit be a once in a lifetime thing. Same with Pink Floyd, probably. Nobody else. I wpuld have for GNR if it was a one-off Slash and Axl thing but now that they have toured the world twice over, I'm good with my fill. I dont think Id travel to see them again. Especially with Axl sounding the way he does. I'm good with just seeing them when they come by me for the cheapest price offered. 

This is pretty much how I feel as well. To be honest, I'd probably skip a local show at this point unless it was a small theater show with a cool set or if they brought back izzy and steven/matt (which i know isn't happening) but I was at the 4 hour show in LA that "ended" the North American NITL tour and it was honestly kind of boring after a while.

I don't know why on earth I read all of this. I s'pose I'm just that bored.

I'm yet to see Gnr live, period! 🤷‍♀️ Not in this lifetime, I suppose, since last time Gnr visited my area was in 2010. It's not the end of the world, folks!

Yet you all complain about friggin' Vegas, one(or 2 shows). I hope they up the ticket prices even more(if possible lols) and let all hell break lose. 👻