NITLT 8 New dates Announced

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Wait wait wait wait wait.........have you ever attended a show at the Colosseum at Caesars in Vegas? I have and I can tell you it's neither "PREMIUM" nor is Caesars considered a "luxury hotel" by most people who visit Las Vegas. 

Some of the biggest names in music play that venue in residency form and have for years. NONE of them charge anywhere near what GN'R is asking for these two dates. So yes, it is a regular show at a regular venue. The venue just happens to be much smaller than the rest of the tour. The same thing happens for every other artist who plays there. They're all huge names who can play much bigger venues. The one difference is that GN'R is the one act way overcharging. 

The average ticket price for Elton John at the same venue was $200 a ticket, not $1000. So again, that's the difference. 

I have no way of knowing if the average GNR ticket for Caesar's shows is $1000, but I paid $270 per night and there were many available at that price.  Elton John was also there doing his second or third residency, doing shows every other night, GNR is doing 2 nights and thats it.  In the strange world of expensive concerts, I'd consider this pretty reasonable.  

10 minutes ago, liqddynamite said:

I have no way of knowing if the average GNR ticket for Caesar's shows is $1000, but I paid $270 per night and there were many available at that price.  Elton John was also there doing his second or third residency, doing shows every other night, GNR is doing 2 nights and thats it.  In the strange world of expensive concerts, I'd consider this pretty reasonable.  

Oh if you missed it, here's the GNR pricing for Vegas:

Pit Patience Package = $ 1,319.91 plus fees

Live and Let Die Package Section 205 = $ 631.41 plus fees

Section 104 Platinum pricing varies from $ 1,480.00 to $ 1,730.00 plus fees

Section 103 Premium Paradise City VIP Lounge Package = $ 1,786.41 plus fees

Those prices are absolutely insane to most people.

26 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh if you missed it, here's the GNR pricing for Vegas:

Pit Patience Package = $ 1,319.91 plus fees

Live and Let Die Package Section 205 = $ 631.41 plus fees

Section 104 Platinum pricing varies from $ 1,480.00 to $ 1,730.00 plus fees

Section 103 Premium Paradise City VIP Lounge Package = $ 1,786.41 plus fees

Those prices are absolutely insane to most people.

If I had that kind of money I would've bought the AFD box set

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

The average ticket price for Elton John at the same venue was $200 a ticket, not $1000. So again, that's the difference. 

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Wait wait wait wait wait.........have you ever attended a show at the Colosseum at Caesars in Vegas? I have and I can tell you it's neither "PREMIUM" nor is Caesars considered a "luxury hotel" by most people who visit Las Vegas. 

Some of the biggest names in music play that venue in residency form and have for years. NONE of them charge anywhere near what GN'R is asking for these two dates. So yes, it is a regular show at a regular venue. The venue just happens to be much smaller than the rest of the tour. The same thing happens for every other artist who plays there. They're all huge names who can play much bigger venues. The one difference is that GN'R is the one act way overcharging. 

Don't know exactly about "Elton John Case', but I doubt that its pit cost about $200. Even Rob Stewart wants $600 for the "Fan Zone". Speaking of other artist, coming to Caesars Palace this fall, Journey's pit cost somewhere around $600 and Madonna asks $1,200. So, it seems the venue is indeed not friendly in pricing and Guns N' Roses is the biggest act of them all, so it explains so crazy price tag. Yet again, I'm not saying that it's cool or fair, it just doesn't suprise or piss me off - that's damn reality of Caesars Palace in Vegas, which isn't a cheap city by itself. By the way, T-Mobile Arena shows in 2016-2017 were highest grossing per arena gigs. 

Speaking of venue itself, of course it's not some sort of an exclusive private site, of course not, but Caesars Palace Hotel has a great track of famous artists performing there and holds some sort of a status of a sight in Las Vegas. Moreover, probably due to the fact, that Guns' plays there for the first time, tickets are more expensive that they could be for a "regular" appearance. Also, there is maybe something to do with residency status - as Guns' shows are not residency, the fee for the band could be higher. All in all, I just think it's not fair to forthrightly bitch the band itself as it has its own fee for a gig for and may not influence the ticket price which is put by the venue and at this case it has only 2X4000 people to break even.

Edited by nikothebellic
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Mysteron said:

If the tickets sell for LV, then the prices were set at the right price. If they don't sell they will go down

If you can't afford it, go somewhere else. It's daft moaning over the prices. It is what it is. Smaller venue. bigger prices.

No one here isn't understanding those points. Maybe read the thread again. All of those points have been countered already. 

8 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

Don't know exactly about "Elton John Case', but I doubt that its pit cost about $200. Even Rob Stewart wants $600 for the "Fan Zone". Speaking of other artist, coming to Caesars Palace this fall, Journey's pit cost somewhere around $600 and Madonna asks $1,200. So, it seems the venue is indeed not friendly in pricing and Guns N' Roses is the biggest act of them all, so it explains so crazy price tag. Yet again, I'm not saying that it's cool or fair, it just doesn't suprise or piss me off - that's damn reality of Caesars Palace in Vegas, which isn't a cheap city by itself. By the way, T-Mobile Arena shows in 2016-2017 were highest grossing per arena gigs. 

Speaking of venue itself, of course it's not some sort of an exclusive private site, of course not, but Caesars Palace Hotel has a great track of famous artists performing there and holds some sort of a status of a sight in Las Vegas. Moreover, probably due to the fact, that Guns' plays there for the first time, tickets are more expensive that they could be for a "regular" appearance. Also, there is maybe something to do with residency status - as Guns' shows are not residency, the fee for the band could be higher. All in all, I just think it's not fair to forthrightly bitch the band itself as it has its own fee for a gig for and may not influence the ticket price which is put by the venue and at this case it has only 2X4000 people to break even.

You listed acts who are half price of what GN'R is asking and one example of an artist who's charging close to GN'R. I get what you're saying with the second half (as far as this being only two shows from GN'R, etc) and I should clarify that I'm pissed off. I think myself and several others can express displeasure without being "pissed off". 

The short version is that many of us find these prices ridiculous and it's even more puzzling that anyone would try to justify them. Many of us weren't planning on going in the first place, but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to our opinion on the subject. 

• Like 1

This forum every day is slowing becoming a pop diva artist forum due to the amount of bitching going on. 

We all ready have people on this forum who bitch about the clothing  band members wear or the colour of their hair.

Some of you don't realise how grateful you should be to have the band perform live close to home. 

Sometimes i think some of you are not true fans of the band!.

Its simple. If you choose to go and have the financial ability to do so, go see the band in Vegas. If not and for other reasons, don't go see the band in Vegas. 

On top of that people who choose to go and can financially do so or choose to attend many shows get called out for it. 

The band has only played in my home country 4 times in its history. 

To see my favourite band live I have spent thousands of dollars travelling the world. That was my choice to do so. 

I am travelling to the US in a months time to see the band play on its current run of live shows with my family in tow. 

I am not a weathly person, but for me to be able to travel and see the band, I work hard to save up the money with the support of my wife and family. 

Seeing our favourite band live is not just about the set list. 

I have seen the band play live in countries around the world standing next to people who cannot speak a word of English. 

But in that moment, we speak the same language that is Guns N Roses. We are standing there rocking out or singing the lyrics to a GNR song. It's an amazing experience to stand next to a person who in broken english knows and is singing every lyric to a GNR song, but when you try to communicate with them, they don't know or speak a single word of english. I would imagine the same thing would apply to the other person due to me not knowing their language aswell. 

That's the power your favourite band has over you. 

Maybe some of you need to remove yourselfs from the world of a GNR fan forum to take a reality check on life.

Life's to short. 

I am currently looking into attending the Veges shows. If I do, it will be my 3rd time seeing the band in Vegas. 

Edited by kiwiguns
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

You listed acts who are half price of what GN'R is asking and one example of an artist who's charging close to GN'R. I get what you're saying with the second half (as far as this being only two shows from GN'R, etc) and I should clarify that I'm pissed off. I think myself and several others can express displeasure without being "pissed off". 

The short version is that many of us find these prices ridiculous and it's even more puzzling that anyone would try to justify them. Many of us weren't planning on going in the first place, but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to our opinion on the subject. 

...and besides, by now on Ticketmaster you apparently can grab standing pit for $999 - it's cheaper then on Madonna (~$1500) and Sting in May (~$1200).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And by far not everyone going to Las Vegas is rich. I would bet that the big majority of people going there are average people. Not everyone in Las Vegas is a high roller.

I don't justify this high prices, i just analyse which would be the cause about this prices, i not knew who put "blame".... either , the band , LN, or both are responsible. I think the only purpose of extend this tour is make the more money possible. 

10 minutes ago, nikothebellic said:

...and besides, by now on Ticketmaster you apparently can grab standing pit for $999 - it's cheaper then on Madonna (~$1500) and Sting in May (~$1200).

That price has been mentioned here yesterday. It's always been that way. The 1300 or whatever is early entry, vip gift etc.

51 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No one here isn't understanding those points. Maybe read the thread again. All of those points have been countered already. 

To be fair, I have not read the thread.

But smaller venue, bigger prices. If people are willing to pay, then it is what it is. One would like to think that the people who book the concerts know the market.

It'll be fake fans with lots of money at the concert, but given the tour has gone on for many years, let the rich folk have their moment in the sun

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Too much COMPLAINING!!!! Be grateful that you can actually go to a show and post on  this message board. Be grateful that the band is able to still tour. One day they won't be around. One day YOU won't be around or may not be able to attend a show. The past couple of days has taught me again that anything can happen in life unexpectedly. I would have never expected that at age 69 my father would have had a minor stroke even though there is family history of it. It happened on Monday and I'm glad he's ok. 

Enjoy life! It's too short. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Too much COMPLAINING!!!! Be grateful that you can actually go to a show and post on  this message board. Be grateful that the band is able to still tour. One day they won't be around. One day YOU won't be around or may not be able to attend a show. The past couple of days has taught me again that anything can happen in life unexpectedly. I would have never expected that at age 69 my father would have had a minor stroke even though there is family history of it. It happened on Monday and I'm glad he's ok. 

I'm glad he is okay. I work with stoke patients and see how scary that can be.

• Like 2

On 18-6-2019 at 8:21 PM, Lio said:

For that price I'd expect a private show debuting the new song.

Maybe concert goers will get a free copy of the New Album :P Or a L&L box if they don't finish that one in time.

For that price I'd expect a group of supermodels giving me oral sex during the show which includes an entire unreleased album being played live. For fucks sake.....

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

Sorry to hear about your Dad. 

The purpose of a message forum though is for discussion of a band - this isn't always going to be 100 per cent praise. I'd argue voicing concern at these sorts of prices suggests people actually care about the legacy and the reputation of the band. 

People are big fans here - they're going to call bullshit when they see it, as they absolutely should. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

42 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I don't think its puzzling to justify the prices.  The band/management obviously feels that it can get that money so they are charging it.  It's as simple as that.  I agree that the pricing is ludicrous, but if the band feels it can sell them for that much (and more importantly SUCCEEDS in selling them for that much) then so be it.  You can see the justification for the pricing and still find it ridiculous.  They aren't exclusive.  

• Like 1

I paid £85 for The Who @ The Royal Albert Hall in 2017 very good seats & its a small Arena they are playing Wembley in 2wks & there tixs are all seated on field with prices from £350ish front too £130 back of the field seated..!!!

When U2 played Twickenham in 2017 tixs were £187 for a good block we was still miles away then i paid £120 for the MEN Arena last year with amazing upper tier seats 4 rows in front me was £211..!!! Them prices should be other way round

2 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I don't think its puzzling to justify the prices.  The band/management obviously feels that it can get that money so they are charging it.  It's as simple as that.  I agree that the pricing is ludicrous, but if the band feels it can sell them for that much (and more importantly SUCCEEDS in selling them for that much) then so be it.  You can see the justification for the pricing and still find it ridiculous.  They aren't exclusive.  

You're confusing 'justifying' with 'explaining here'. We all know the explanation as to how and why they are charging these prices...but justifying them is something different I think. 

Just now, Gavin82 said:

I paid £85 for The Who @ The Royal Albert Hall in 2017 very good seats & its a small Arena they are playing Wembley in 2wks & there tixs are all seated on field with prices from £350ish front too £130 back of the field seated..!!!

When U2 played Twickenham in 2017 tixs were £187 for a good block we was still miles away then i paid £120 for the MEN Arena last year with amazing upper tier seats 4 rows in front me was £211..!!! Them prices should be other way round

That Wembley Who show has totally tanked. I've had offers of 2 for 1 tickets, heavily discounted tickets etc on mailouts. Massively overpriced, far too big a venue for them. Odd that anyone thought it would do anything other than struggle really. 

• Sad 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

You're confusing 'justifying' with 'explaining here'. We all know the explanation as to how and why they are charging these prices...but justifying them is something different I think. 

Lol, no.  You're just not satisfied with the justification.  The justification for the pricing is that people will pay for it and be in those seats whether they fit your definition of 'true' fans or not.  You don't like that.  You want to know why they would price out 'true' fans for 'rich people' which brings us full circle back to GNR being a corporate machine now.  If you didn't realize it over the last 3+ years then surely you realize it now.  Not sure what else there is to discuss here :shrugs: