Rutger Hauer has died

Damn just heard this now from a friend.

Remember him from Nighthawks with Sly and Billy Dee. Freaking awesome movie.

He has been in other movies I've seen over the years.

My mom remembers when nighthawks was being filmed in NYC, Rutger would roller skate to work. Sly told him that his part of playing a terrorist is being compromised with him roller skating throughout the city! lol anyway, great actor. He as 39 when he filmed NH, so i guess he was in his 70's? not sure.

Sad to see him go!

RIP Rutger!

38 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My mom remembers when nighthawks was being filmed in NYC, Rutger would roller skate to work. Sly told him that his part of playing a terrorist is being compromised with him roller skating throughout the city! lol anyway, great actor. He as 39 when he filmed NH, so i guess he was in his 70's? not sure.

Sad to see him go!

RIP Rutger!

RIP Nick Parker. 😧

250px-BlindFuryposter.jpg

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sad to see him go!

RIP Rutger!

Sad news indeed.  You're right, Nighthawks was great and so was Rutger.  He could play sinister like few others, he added a certain depth to those roles.  The Hitcher is another good example of that.

• Like 1

Wow RIP. I remember him the most from The Hitcher. I was stuck in a run down motel and couldn't sleep because the place was disgusting (i wouldn't get under the covers). It was on TBS/TNT or something like that. Couldn't remember the name of it for years until i seen the trailer for the remake in 2007 and i was like "holy shit thats that movie i watched that night" felt pretty dumb that it was something simple like The Hitcher :lol:Great thriller - Rutger was awesome in it.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

but I think a sweet man in real life.

I watched a documentary about him last night that was on TV and he really was a sweet guy. Very down to earth, a bit of a loner too. He stayed out of the limelight as much as possible, didn't do a lot of interviews, didn't live the cliché Hollywood lifestyle. Shame he left too soon.

Edited by EvanG