The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

19 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

How legit is that “insider” from gnrevo anyways?

He has the same name (sp1at) as the website that got those interviews about unreleased GNR songs in 2005 (the quotes are on Chinese Whispers). I don't know if that's his website, or anything else about him.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

2 hours ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

The "insider" at GNRevolution now seems pessimistic: 

The planning for the new album was shifted to the Euro and US tours. The situation with the virus is a wait and watch thing, ticket sales for concerts, in general, have stalled.

And:

New material was said, not album. So I do not know.

Slash is also planning to return to his other projects next year (not sure when)

Not even really sure what that means ‘planning for the new album was shifted’? The release of it?

To be honest those updates seem REALLY vague. That Jarmo dude still seems pretty optimistic and at least we can say he does at least have a link to the group.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Not even really sure what that means ‘planning for the new album was shifted’? The release of it?

To be honest those updates seem REALLY vague. That Jarmo dude still seems pretty optimistic and at least we can say he does at least have a link to the group.

Jarmo has said his sole source was Fernando's Reddit post though.

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Jarmo has said his sole source was Fernando's Reddit post though.

Oh - did he? I was sure there was folk who said he had genuine links to TB.....hoping it’s not as grim as it sounds.

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Oh - did he? I was sure there was folk who said he had genuine links to TB.....hoping it’s not as grim as it sounds.

He does have genuine links, he just said something along the lines of "all the information I have is the same as you, the Reddit post" (not an exact quote).

2 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

He was part of the touring crew in the 2009-2010 days (my guess is to just be a “professional best friend” like De James). Maybe he’s not part of that inner circle anymore? I haven’t kept up with that guy ever since I axed my Facebook account, which was ages ago now.

EDIT: nevermind I see that the post above me clarified.

Edited by rocknroll41

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

He was part of the touring crew in the 2009-2010 days (my guess is to just be a “professional best friend” like De James). Maybe he’s not part of that inner circle anymore? I haven’t kept up with that guy ever since I axed my Facebook account, which was ages ago now.

EDIT: nevermind I see that the post above me clarified.

I think he referring to the release date solely (the March rumors) because the other day I saw him post that he knows new music exists. Then again, that's not exactly news.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just outta curiosity, would you guys be satisfied if all we got was an EP of like seven or eight re-recorded ChiDem leftovers?

If one of them is The General with Slash?....Yes.

Edited by sofine11

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Slash doing SMKC next year isn't an unreasonable prediction, certain people in that camp think it might happen too. Depends on Myles too though.

Yep, at least with SMKC we have new music and touring. But after the lacklustre LTD not sure how receptive i would to another release....i think slash should do another friends album and use the vocalist from dirty honey for touring.

Its unfortunate SMKC is slashs main priority.

Edited by Sydney Fan

7 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Maybe, depends on what songs.

I think considering duff wrote material for ozzys new album as well as his solo record anything less than an album or even double album from this band is pure laziness.

An ep at the beginning of 2018 could have been doable to keep people wanting more and more people coming to the shows but thats to logical.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

For whatever reason, I still think we will get something. That said, if they have no intention of doing that - just say so. That way everyone knows the score and knows where they stand.

Instead, go and mine the wealth of stuff in the vaults and release old pro-shots, deluxe editions of UYI and CD etc. Little effort, a bit of care and release them - I’ll buy them as would loads of fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

I think he referring to the release date solely (the March rumors) because the other day I saw him post that he knows new music exists. Then again, that's not exactly news.

Had a look at the GNRevolution thread and to be fair, that splat person also sounded positive in other posts. The below comment on its own means absolutely nothing (I could just as easily type it). If it IS the person from back in the day then it could be that the person has heard something more concrete than the rest of us.

Back to this year, I think the new tour has been pitched around new material being released.

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Just outta curiosity, would you guys be satisfied if all we got was an EP of like seven or eight re-recorded ChiDem leftovers?

I'd be more than satisfied. Any new GNR music would be a dream come true. Well, as long as it's good music, which I'm sure that it is. Gnr music is usually good. 

So yeah, how about a surprise GNR album on april the first maybe?  Wouldn't it be fun?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

Had a look at the GNRevolution thread and to be fair, that splat person also sounded positive in other posts. The below comment on its own means absolutely nothing (I could just as easily type it). If it IS the person from back in the day then it could be that the person has heard something more concrete than the rest of us.

Back to this year, I think the new tour has been pitched around new material being released.

Yeah he also followed-up that post with “new material was said, not album,” which is what got me thinking again today that maybe it really is an EP that they’re planning instead. I know Slash said in various interviews last year that the plan was to do an album, but who knows if that’s changed or not?

Edited by rocknroll41