The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

3 minutes ago, siraddam said:

Does this actually mean anything though? Couldn't it just be showing 'Guns n Roses' because of search results for that song? Does it actually mean that the song is due to be released? Why is it only happening in the UK?

The test is to try it for other unreleased GN'R songs, like Tonto or Perhaps. If then only Atlas and State of Grace gives this particular result, that would suggest to me that there is something going to happen with these two songs.

1 minute ago, Sledge said:

Perhaps does but think it's just because of those Aien renditions 

Aien has recorded both Atlas and SOG as far as I remember. I guess to prove/disprove this you would have to search some other unreleased GNR songs recorded by Aien and see if all of them gives GNR in the results or just those three.

Well nothing for tonto. Not that I'm getting my hopes up but that always sounded like a placeholder name anyways like Jackie Chan. Although the guy is a commy now so probably that name is appropriate 

1 minute ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Are you talking about Spotify or Youtube Music?

YouTube music. I'm on a Nokia 

6 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Oh the youthfull generation that still thinks something is gonna happen.

How is it unrealistic that the band will drop more music considering we know they have worked on more and that the plan is to release more? Are people refusing to accept that more music could come just to not get disappointed if it doesn't? Is it some survival mechanism that prevents people from just accepting that it isn't unlikely it will happen, yet still being realistic enough to accept it might take a long time?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

How is it unrealistic that the band will drop more music considering we know they have worked on more and that the plan is to release more? Are people refusing to accept that more music could come just to not get disappointed if it doesn't? Is it some survival mechanism that prevents people from just accepting that it isn't unlikely it will happen, yet still being realistic enough to accept it might take a long time?

Definitely a survival mechanism. For me at least. 

• Like 2

Of course further songs are coming. Besides, Axl doesn't have to lift a finger (and just use vocals that are already recorded like in the past), Slash will always gladly do some studio work, and Axl can choose whatever he feels like doing live. It's a maximum gain ("a new song!") with minimum work. 

State of Grace didn't have finished vox in 2001, Atlas did so I'd say unless he added more vocals that one is unlikely. However, SOG could be excellent. It's darker, heavier and a good canvas for Slash to work on. Of course structure wise it's probably very different to what we've heard. Like Hardskool being shorter and tighter, TWAT being longer etc

Just now, rumandraisin said:

State of Grace didn't have finished vox in 2001, Atlas did so I'd say unless he added more vocals that one is unlikely. However, SOG could be excellent. It's darker, heavier and a good canvas for Slash to work on. Of course structure wise it's probably very different to what we've heard. Like Hardskool being shorter and tighter, TWAT being longer etc

That’s what’s exciting to me. The song plays like a rough sketch of cool possibilities. Man, I really want this rumor to be true…

1 hour ago, Sledge said:

Well nothing for tonto. Not that I'm getting my hopes up but that always sounded like a placeholder name anyways like Jackie Chan. Although the guy is a commy now so probably that name is appropriate 

YouTube music. I'm on a Nokia 

Fairly sure Tonto was just a name for an instrumental like Moustache or Dummy. Gotta call em something! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It is unrealistic because of the band's creatively bankrupt history. People are basing their opinions not on speculation or hope, but on the cold hard facts of the recent past The bigger leap is expecting them to release any music. It's taken six years since the reunion for them to release two rehashed songs. So, it's not a survival mechanism, it is being realistic. It seems your survival mechanism is clinging onto the false hope that this band is creating anything.  You have ZERO to base that hope on. 

• Like 1