The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

2 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

i think is going to be true all this spotify thing but this tread is already a collective psicotic break 

That's what following this band does. We're a dedicated fanbase that's had little new music over the past 30 years.

If they acted like an artist that was upfront that they aren't working on new music and were just a touring act that'd be fine. But they aren't. This band dripfed information about upcoming music from 95-08 when they finally released a record and then from 08-16 & 18-Present, they've done the same. Axl was doing forum chats after the album released in 08 talking about a track none of us had heard about called Soul Monster... 14 years later we're still waiting. The General is first mentioned in I think 2007 and has been talked about occasionally since by ex members like Brain... we're still waiting to hear it.

That situation is what's made this dedicated part of the fanbase a little crazy. It's why so many of us hope there is something to this Spotify thing because it might mean actually getting to hear some of these tracks finally.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Axl S said:

That's what following this band does. We're a dedicated fanbase that's had little new music over the past 30 years.

If they acted like an artist that was upfront that they aren't working on new music and were just a touring act that'd be fine. But they aren't. This band dripfed information about upcoming music from 95-08 when they finally released a record and then from 08-16 & 18-Present, they've done the same. Axl was doing forum chats after the album released in 08 talking about a track none of us had heard about called Soul Monster... 14 years later we're still waiting. The General is first mentioned in I think 2007 and has been talked about occasionally since by ex members like Brain... we're still waiting to hear it.

That situation is what's made this dedicated part of the fanbase a little crazy. It's why so many of us hope there is something to this Spotify thing because it might mean actually getting to hear some of these tracks finally.

nono im in the same boat!! im entering the forum like a maniac, in the metro, when my glfriend goes to te bathrom, in the work IM ADDICTED

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

I can't see how people can be dissapointed that a song the band hasn't said they're releasing and have never given any dates hasn't been released on a randomly selected day fans assumed it would come out. 

Only on Mygnr can we work ourselves up over litterally nothing, assigning a chosen song and day out of thin air. 

It’s not nothing that these song titles are bringing up GNR in search. Sure, it’s not much. But “not much” is basically all we as fans have to go on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

It’s not nothing that these song titles are bringing up GNR in search. Sure, it’s not much. But “not much” is basically all we as fans have to go on.

What i will try to say again:

If this was any other band it would mean something is imminent. The Spotify algorithm does not work the same way with any other band or artist’s unreleased tracks. I think it’s fair for fans to be hopeful regarding it. The only issue is that this is GNR where nothing makes sense and “plans change”.

I

6 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

We’ve been gaslit and/or disappointed so many times by this band that even with some pretty clear evidence of new releases, we still don’t believe it. Because “plans change.”

After Covid, they sat on “Hard Skool” for over a year and a half before releasing it. Slash said months ago that an Illusions box set was coming in the summer (and I guess it did get announced the day before summer ended), and Slash said in the same interview that some new tunes were releasing “as we speak.” Again, it’s always slow motion with GNR. But clearly this Spotify stuff means something is imminent. I’m reluctant to say was imminent because we keep seeing more songs added versus falling out of search.

People keep saying they wouldn’t release a box set around the same time as new music because it doesn’t make sense, but bands traditionally have released a single or two with “greatest hits” collections, all used to promote the old material.  It’s the same theory, in my opinion. Another EP or even a full album would in essence be a promotional tool for the expensive box set. Any publication that mentions a new Guns EP, single, or album, would also likely run a note about the band also releasing an Illusions box set.

Now … all that said, if nothing drops by November, we’re gonna unfortunately be in the territory where these motherfuckers might release the “new“ “November Rain” as a single, and heavily promote that. 

Thanks for reading my morning thoughts. lol

Those were cool thoughts. :)

I agree. Maybe the new EP or batch of actual unreleased studio tracks is the reason why there were no demos and unreleased studio tracks on the UYI box release. It would make sense to have an actual full album with those CD era tracks + some B sides with Illusions era demos such as Ain't Goin Down. 

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

It's better to just assume nothing is happening. People getting excited will just feel let down if nothing happens. I'll be happy if I'm wrong and they release a few tracks, but I'm not going to start acting like it's going to happen.

The issue is as I said earlier any other artist and this would be a smoking gun. The wise move is to definitely not give a shit because this band is a complete disaster with releasing anything. Even if they are “in the system” they’ll possibly never see the light of day.

• Like 1

Just now, AxlRoseCDII said:

The issue is as I said earlier any other artist and this would be a smoking gun. The wise move is to definitely not give a shit because this band is a complete disaster with releasing anything. Even if they are “in the system” they’ll possibly never see the light of day.

I edited my post prior to you responding to also add:

Slash literally stated the plan, at least at some point, was to drop new singles and then a drop the box set a couple months later. Well, we’re a couple months out from the box set release date.

It isn’t like I’m getting my hopes up, but I’m also not not getting my hopes up. 

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Interesting. But that must have been happening since these tracks leaked, so for about three years, correct? So it's still strange that they pop up in the search results now and not earlier. Also "Soul Monster" is not a title of a leaked track - unless the users who might have tried to upload "Me and My Elvis" changed the metadata and added "Soulmonster," but how many would have done that? (The General is not a title of leaked track either, but let's say that people uploaded Evader's "reconstruction" and put GN'R in the title).

There's been a discussion on how Ozzy got on first plane with Patient Number 9.

Just now, FabioRoses said:

When it was that?

like 2012 ro 2011 looog time ago lol

6 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

aquí donde me ves, I not only make you angry because of my jokes, but back in the day we used to exchange some words in there lol

No olvido tu foto de perfil de Obama xD

wow you were vegeta? those days were wild i was like 15 years old and the most exiting thing back then was if gnr were gonna play TWAT or Prostitute Live....

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, darkside259 said:

like 2012 ro 2011 looog time ago lol

wow you were vegeta? those days were wild i was like 15 years old and the most exiting thing back then was if gnr were gonna play TWAT or Prostitute Live....

My nickname there was Raykugen. My profile pic was the same one as here. I remember a lot of positivity during these times. It was still crazy the silence, why it was taking them so much to do anything but we were always assuming something had to happen soon... then the 2013 tour happened... the 2014 one.... It never ends.

Got to say, many fan communities would still be alive if this band would have some musical integrity.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

My nickname there was Raykugen. My profile pic was the same one as here. I remember a lot of positivity during these times. It was still crazy the silence, why it was taking them so much to do anything but we were always assuming something had to happen soon... then the 2013 tour happened... the 2014 one.... It never ends.

Got to say, many fan communities would still be alive if this band would have some musical integrity.

we want the videoclip from better and others tunes from CD, we speculate about the new album 2010/11/12 and we fight eachothers about slash/duff/izzy not being in the band and the disc if "this is gnr or not" velvet revolver comparations, if the setlist was the same as TOLEDO or when they r gonna release a proshot or the LATAM documentary that was being made back then...

Edited by darkside259
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Btw, I don't know if this is common knowledge because I hadn't looked before (and I'm also not sure if these were considered GN'R songs), but "Ballad of Death" and "Mi Amor" are also registered on ASCAP by DJ Ashba.

I hope that Slash will do those solos justice :P

• Haha 2
  • ABSUЯD 1