The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

20 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Part of me wonders if that's why the Dj Bumble era ended. He maybe just realized I cant write with these folks, and I cant write for them as they are not holding up there end.

And so Axl reunited with older members to once again not write/release anything original. Just noodling over 20 year old songs instead.

1 minute ago, Sosso said:

I don't think that he was at every HS or Absurd soundcheck either.

Definitely not for HS. Absurd he was though I think.

That being said considering it's been 2 shows since it's been soundchecked and Hard Skool was like 2 years from Soundcheck->First Show, we probably won't be hearing this anytime soon. All that matters is we get the alt list, that will tell us everything we need to know.

I’m sure Axl has written lyrics in the past 5 or so years. That’s what he does. He’s a writer. It’s reflex for a guy like that.   

I’m also 99.99% sure none of it will materialize into any recording/new material. Axl today strikes me as a guy who just writes for himself. A lot of people write music, paint, whatever their art of choice may be, for their own gratification. 

But I also believe that he wants to release the tracks that were ready for release since 2010 or whatever year for CD2. Those songs were made with the intention of releasing them. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

A shit load better state of affairs than in most other years since 2008 :lol:

Guess how happy I am you weren't around to complain in those years! 

Come on Jarmo, say hello to everyone! All hail lord Axl and King Fernando! 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I’m sure Axl has written lyrics in the past 5 or so years. That’s what he does. He’s a writer. It’s reflex for a guy like that.   

I’m also 99.99% sure none of it will materialize into any recording/new material. Axl today strikes me as a guy who just writes for himself. A lot of people write music, paint, whatever their art of choice may be, for their own gratification. 

But I also believe that he wants to release the tracks that were ready for release since 2010 or whatever year for CD2. Those songs were made with the intention of releasing them. 

Like George Lucas, his newer films are for himself and close friends, etc.

I'm sure Axl works on a similar level. Even Baz compared him to Lucas years ago, back when CD3 was supposed to be out in 2012.  If only...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimiRose said:

Come on Jarmo, say hello to everyone! All hail lord Axl and King Fernando! 

Isn't it you who has been insisting that the Spotify album is real? So you think that there really is an album, but you don't think that this is the best state of affairs since 2008 and on top of that you call @SoulMonster Jarmo for having that opinion?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

He definitely was at soundcheck before Absurd was played. I don't remember about Hard Skool, but he had rehearsed it before.

The only part we eve rheard axl on during a rehearsal were the hey heys abd I thought that was just melissa sampling them

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Pskihq92 said:

The only part we eve rheard axl on during a rehearsal were the hey heys abd I thought that was just melissa sampling them

Melissa samples those high pitched screams during Absurd. I tought that Axl would sing them live before watching the videos. 

3 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Hello all. 

So I wanted to provided someone sort of update/information to this whole Spotify situation. I reached out to a contact of mine who is a higher up at Spotify (mods you can check with me via PM to confirm. I don’t want to post personal info of someone else for everyone to see). I was told that Spotify receives song(s) information directly from labels before releases are announced. The reason being if someone tries to leak a song or an album the computer system with recognize the songs and block them from being uploaded by third parties. This kinda gives weight to all of these song titles showing up in searches being done by forum members. I also found out that yes, they know what albums/songs are going to be released and when way ahead of time. I’m working on trying to get more specific information relating to Guns but we will see if that materializes. 

In a nutshell, this info somehow does point to something possibly happening regarding either a new album or new songs being released, at least that’s the consensus I received after getting this information. 

Wow, thanks for the information! Can you post this in the Spotify thread, too?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Isn't it you who has been insisting that the Spotify album is real? So you think that there really is an album, but you don't think that this is the best state of affairs since 2008 and on top of that you call @SoulMonster Jarmo for having that opinion?

No I said it's not an algorithm because that is the stupidest thing ever suggested on this forum. As others have pointed out, the simplest explanation is the correct one. the songs are on spotify, that doesn't mean it's coming out. Very cute of you defending your buddy for accepting whatever shit sandwich team brazil feed though. There is no such thing as a 'best state of affairs' with this band. It's shit every which way you look at it.

Just now, JimiRose said:

No I said it's not an algorithm because that is the stupidest thing ever suggested on this forum. As others have pointed out, the simplest explanation is the correct one. the songs are on spotify, that doesn't mean it's coming out. Very cute of you defending your buddy for accepting whatever shit sandwich team brazil feed though. There is no such thing as a 'best state of affairs' with this band. It's shit every which way you look at it.

What are you talking about? What has Team Brazil said recently that Soulmonster is accepting?

If Oklahoma is confirmed to be the mysterious song and the spotify theory as a result gets some weight to it (combined with the above post), this might just go down as one of the most insane (and rollercoaster like) month I've ever experienced on this forum. God damn.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • ABSUЯD 2

27 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Hello all. 

So I wanted to provided some sort of update/information to this whole Spotify situation. I reached out to a contact of mine who is a higher up at Spotify (mods you can check with me via PM to confirm. I don’t want to post personal info of someone else for everyone to see). I was told that Spotify receives song(s) information directly from labels before releases are announced. The reason being if someone tries to leak a song or an album the computer system will recognize the songs and block them from being uploaded by third parties. This kinda gives weight to all of these song titles showing up in searches being done by forum members. I also found out that yes, they know what albums/songs are going to be released and when way ahead of time. I’m working on trying to get more specific information relating to Guns but we will see if that materializes. 

In a nutshell, this info somehow does point to something possibly happening regarding either a new album or new songs being released, at least that’s the consensus I received after getting this information. 

Thank you very much for the info! I guess this is good news

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

If Oklahoma is confirmed to be the mysterious song and the spotify theory as a result gets some weight to it (combined with the above post), this might just go down as one of the most insane (and rollercoaster like) month I've ever experienced on this forum. God damn.

We just need another single!!  I don’t remember at what part of the 21 leg they were when Absurd dropped? If I’m not wrong we’re exactly in the middle of this one.

Edited by jafeijo
  • Like 1

Just now, jafeijo said:

We just need another single!!  I don’t remember at what part of the 21 leg they were when Absurd dropped? If I’m not wrong we’re exactly in the middle of this one.

Absurd was released at the end of the first week of the tour and Hard Skool was released towards the end.

• Like 1