The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

6 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

I like to point out the fact that Oasis had their entire recording career in the time it took Axl to get his act together between TSI? and CD. And they were a fractious band, with a lot of infighting, walk outs, personnel changes... and a singer who didn't cut it live in the latter years. They managed to release 7 albums, a bunch of EPs, tour abundantly. And they did press. A lot of it. You knew what was going on.

And look at Liam's comeback since 2017. His career is thriving. Selling out Knebworth, new albums selling well with praise from critics and fans alike, lots of press, and so forth. He also regularly adds deep cuts to his set list and rotates them quite frequently.

All that means is that since the time of Slash, Duff, and Axl reuniting Liam Gallagher has released three studio albums, two EPs, and two live albums.

But hey, we got two songs with 1999 vocals and Walk All Over You added to the set list.

• Like 1

I could never have imagined that the return of Slash and Duff would prove so fruitless. At this point it’s almost funny in a sardonic way. At no point from this moment on will I spend so much as a single solitary penny on any GNR merchandise nor will I attend another show unless: Izzy and or Steven return, or a new album drops (though I’ll probably buy any musical stragglers from the CD era they may release). This pitiless nonsense cannot go on much longer. 

Edited by smokingarthur
  • Like 2

We can compare other artists/scenarios/eras until we're all blue in the face. At the end of the day, they just can't make new GNR music. They're either afraid of their own legacy and worried it'll be a total flop, beyond lazy, or [insert some lame financial excuse here].

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, James Bond said:

And look at Liam's comeback since 2017. His career is thriving. Selling out Knebworth, new albums selling well with praise from critics and fans alike, lots of press, and so forth. He also regularly adds deep cuts to his set list and rotates them quite frequently.

All that means is that since the time of Slash, Duff, and Axl reuniting Liam Gallagher has released three studio albums, two EPs, and two live albums.

But hey, we got two songs with 1999 vocals and Walk All Over You added to the set list.

Different people have different things that drive them. I doubt Axl want's to hire songwriters to write him albums, so he can release them to stand in the spotlight and hoping it grates on Noel.

21 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

We can compare other artists/scenarios/eras until we're all blue in the face. At the end of the day, Axl just can't make new GNR music. He’s either afraid of his own legacy and worried it'll be a total flop, beyond lazy, or [insert some lame financial excuse here].

Fixed

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

6 hours ago, Zeppelin said:

We can compare other artists/scenarios/eras until we're all blue in the face. At the end of the day, they just can't make new GNR music. They're either afraid of their own legacy and worried it'll be a total flop, beyond lazy, or [insert some lame financial excuse here].

He just don't want do it eet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/19/2022 at 4:42 AM, Majestic Beast said:

CD II with bonuses and replayed parts from slash/duff or complete new material old school style such as an UYI part 3?

CD2 songs that sound as frankensteined as Hardschool and Absurd aren't very exciting, and new 'old school' material would probably be SMKC riffs with Axl on vocals, which is even less exciting.

Hopefully most of the CD2 songs get released in a box set years from now, and any 'new material' is either covers like Witchita/Seeker or slower songs that Axl can still sing, like Bad Obsession or YATF...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Doubt there will be any form of Chinese Democracy anniversary box, reissue or whatever, as long as Slash and Duff is in the band. No matter how much it was their idea to play those songs live.

in ten years the guys would be in they 70s a lot of things could happend, a disband, a retire 

16 hours ago, TheSlashrose said:

Friday is the Day. Guns N Roses a new hope 

We do this to ourselves again and again. I've stopped visiting the forum every day or other day like a lunatic haha. I'm just dipping in and out now. Even the tours aren't whipping up much discussion these days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1