The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

Didn't Paul tell a fan Oklahoma was one of his favorite songs? It was before or after one of the shows he played. I can't recall if it was listed as an alt as a setlist. If it was, that implies it has vocals, but not necessarily recorded in the studio at the time. 

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Didn't Paul tell a fan Oklahoma was one of his favorite songs? It was before or after one of the shows he played. I can't recall if it was listed as an alt as a setlist. If it was, that implies it has vocals, but not necessarily recorded in the studio at the time. 

Dave Dominguez said they had it as an instrumental when they got to the studio. It was an alt on the setlist for HOB 2001, so it must have lyrics.

Not heard about Huge saying it was one of his faveorite songs though

3 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Dave Dominguez said they had it as an instrumental when they got to the studio. It was an alt on the setlist for HOB 2001, so it must have lyrics.

Gets to an interesting point that Guns don't have instrumentals for a band thats had Slash and Buckethead at different points unless there's some I'm not aware of. 

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

Gets to an interesting point that Guns don't have instrumentals for a band thats had Slash and Buckethead at different points unless there's some I'm not aware of. 

when I said instrumental I just mean it didnt have vocals yet, but its not like a jizz da pit thing

28 minutes ago, mystery said:

Imagine having Slash and Buckethead in your band.....and not making any music? 

When you think of that, it really puts it into perspective. 

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Axl had written the lyrics after a court case and how the bombing brought things into perspective. If he had written lyrics to it then its possible vocals were added to at some point. Its one of the songs thats been lingering around since the mid 90s.

7 minutes ago, vloors said:

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Axl had written the lyrics after a court case and how the bombing brought things into perspective. If he had written lyrics to it then its possible vocals were added to at some point. Its one of the songs thats been lingering around since the mid 90s.

Would have to be after April 1995, that's when the bombing happened. Of course it's possible the music existed before that I supose and that he was inspired to write lyrics after the bombing.

He did say somewhere (about OMG i think) that the way he wrote lyrics had changed in the sense that he wanted the music to be as good a possible first so that he then had to compete with it when writing lyrics after. I think it may have been Rolling Stone not sure.

Edited by Shacklermyrye

56 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

For some reason I read pitman😄 

As far Paul goes... I'd guess they are still friendly. He didn't leave on bad terms.

Not sure if Paul would be too friendly with slash and duff in the band. 

No idea though if Axl has any relationship with him. The only real ex bandmembers that seems to be friendly with Axl after leaving is brain and ashba

3 more pages

53 minutes ago, vloors said:

Not sure if Paul would be too friendly with slash and duff in the band. 

No idea though if Axl has any relationship with him. The only real ex bandmembers that seems to be friendly with Axl after leaving is brain and ashba

3 more pages

Stinson too

2 hours ago, vloors said:

The only real ex bandmembers that seems to be friendly with Axl after leaving is brain and ashba

From what we see (at least), it all seems to be one-way. Very little acknowledgement of Aahba by the current GN'R camp (although happy to be corrected).

Brain meanwhile is still very much in the fold