NITL live videos on youtube

22 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

How does it take a band so long to release live footage ???

They could easily just give us a full show like Download Festival at the least.

I'd honestly prefer they release nothing, than release their set from Download 2018. Axl sounded terrible in 2018... and 2017 and 2019 weren't much better.

Just give us It's So Easy from the Troubadour and maybe a couple songs from the NA 2016 shows ffs.

• Like 1

Just give us Houston 2016 in full. Probably the least amount of material that would end up on the chopping block.

In my opinion, that was Axl's most consistent show of the whole run. Other shows may have had better performances of certain songs, but as a general "best overall" I'd say Houston wins. That was the bootleg I went back to the most, even more than the show I attended (Toronto 2016). 

Ottawa 2017 was the other show I went to and Axl was pure Mickey. Ironically I probably enjoyed myself more at that one though. For all my criticisms of Axl's voice I'll admit that when you're there you kind of ignore the Mickey pretty quick since, in the moment, there are so many other things to focus on.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'd honestly prefer they release nothing, than release their set from Download 2018. Axl sounded terrible in 2018... and 2017 and 2019 weren't much better.

Just give us It's So Easy from the Troubadour and maybe a couple songs from the NA 2016 shows ffs.

That's a really good idea.  Release a best of each song performed from each of the 2016 stops to eventually make up a full concert plus.  Good stuff.

But realistically, I've never heard anyone say anything good about Axl's vocals outside of variations of almost as good as before, or it wasn't as bad as it was later.

I don't know.  I like to think of any live recording as a historical document of a specific show or period in time.  I certainly wouldn't pick the "worst" performance, but I also wouldn't shy away from the truth.  But, if like photoshop work is acceptable so is a good sound mix.

I thought Apollo Theater 17 and Inglewood sounded incredible.  I listen to those shows all the time.  I'd listen to most anything from any period because I haven't found a period I couldn't appreciate at least an aspect of it.

1 minute ago, BigVanVader said:

I thought Apollo Theater 17 and Inglewood sounded incredible.  I listen to those shows all the time.  I'd listen to most anything from any period because I haven't found a period I couldn't appreciate at least an aspect of it.

I thought the exact opposite... I sent the Inglewood recording to a friend (who also saw them in 2016) and his response was "he [Axl] doesn't sound very good on most songs". There were some good songs, but overall it's a wildly inconsistent show. Same with most shows from 2017. Of course they could pick certain songs from 2017-now, but since it's been largely the same show since 2016, they may as well just use the 2016 recordings.

• Like 1