06/23/22 - Groningen, NL - Stadspark

alfierose

8 minutes ago, Alexmee239 said:

More songs will surface, im sure HS and You're Crazy were also played.

the show only lasted around 190 minutes according to a guy who was there (Twitter) so there were apparantly only 4 songs in the encore...

22 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Nightmare…..3 songs I absolutely want to hear in Glasgow 😬

Funny how different things are from different people's perspectives. Half of these threads are complaints that they keep playing the same songs. But, there are people like you who want to hear some of those same songs and are disappointed if they aren't played.

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 3

I really wanted to hear those too, mainly because I’ve never heard hard school and you’re crazy live before. 

on the plus side; Axl sounded much better than expected!

and it’s crazy how a band can play for 3 hours  and 10 minutes and visitors are still slightly ‘dissapointed’ that it was a bit short 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Just saw YCBM video and Axl tried too hard. 

Yep. after the bridge where he sings "Well your breakin down my back, been rackin out my brain..."  his voice started to give out, and it was almost like he was half singing while gargling water for the rest of the song.

50 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Funny how different things are from different people's perspectives. Half of these threads are complaints that they keep playing the same songs. But, there are people like you who want to hear some of those same songs and are disappointed if they aren't played.

TBF - Hard Skool is new, AFD Your Crazy has only been played a handful of times in decades….and SOYL has only been played 48 times since the reunion - that’s why I was looking forward to hearing them! There are PLENTY other songs more deserving of a rest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why Axl wants to sing that song. He just doesn’t have the chops for it. 2016 was really the last point in his career I think he really had that ability.

I hoped that Axl could be the singer of a Power Up tour but I'm so glad that never happened. 

28 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m not sure why Axl wants to sing that song. He just doesn’t have the chops for it. 2016 was really the last point in his career I think he really had that ability.

I think he’s got the ability, he just holds back on this one now for some reason. 

Axl's voice had 2 or 3 cracks in Back in Black, but it was a good perfomance when his voice worked. Less mickey-ish, more raspier than previous attempts.

edit: one of the main reasons of the lack of rasp is that he is singing with falsetto, in my opinion. So rasp only comes when he screams too much. It's different from the voice that he uses in CD chorus, or nightrain verses, for example.

Edited by ChrisMaciel

5 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Axl's voice had 2 or 3 cracks in Back in Black, but it was a good perfomance when his voice worked. Less mickey-ish, more raspier than previous attempts.

edit: one of the main reasons of the lack of rasp is that he is singing with falsetto, in my opinion. So rasp only comes when he screams too much. It's different from the voice that he uses in CD chorus, or nightrain verses, for example.

He’s always used a falsetto technique with a heavy rasp-mask, afaik from the AC/DC days, the rasp though is just gone now, his voice is probably shot.

41 minutes ago, Robert39 said:

Seeing it on your laptop, is not the same live perception You get, then when you are there..... Back in black was not bad at all tonight ! Slash killed it do !! his guitar sounded really raw !!

Dude... come on. Sure it was great show overall, but don't go down the phone recordings aren't accurate hole... they are and he didn't sound great. BUT I have heard him on this tour singing it quite well, not the same fire of 2016 but very respectful IMO!

• Confused 1