Will they go heavy on the Illusions this summer tour?

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I agree, if it's between that and possibly perfect crime or something else quick and to the point the set would benefit more with the fast song. Like I mentioned coma is a big drag live for those exact reason. There Re plenty of other songs regularly played that leave the crowd cold. 

Pretty tied up

Back off bitch

Garden of Eden

Shotgun blues

Perfect crime

Get in the ring (updated present day rant)

Those would be the ones I'd be aiming to include, some for every night others sporadically.

I dread to think of the ‘weighing in at ……’ bit as they are all a bit heavier these days 🤣

• Haha 3

On 7/3/2021 at 4:11 AM, Nice Boy said:

I also came here to say The Garden would be a good choice. Album version is a great song imo. If they did it live it could facilitate as a deep cut for the fans who care about that, but also easy for him to sing, it's not too demanding and doesn't require rasp, so no Mickey. 

If they did this for a random show with Alice it would be awesome. I get what folk are saying in regards to the tempo and it’s impact on the set so it shouldn’t be a regular but a random play here or there would absolutely be a winner.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 9:51 AM, allwaystired said:

What does "get in where u fit in" mean? 

NB: you can write 'you', as we're not limited on the word count here. Go on, spoil yourself! 

it means that we all share the common denominator of being abused fans so paint it as you wish or complain as you wish, or simply get in where you fit in on the complaints complaints complaints side of things 

5 minutes ago, THELINESMAN said:

Imagine if they opened the first set of the next tour with Perfect Crime or even Don't Damn Me? Crowd would go wild, fan forums would go wild, Axl would die during the first song. It would be amazing. Not gonna happen, but can dream can't we :D

Fixed that :)

I'd really like them to play whatever Illusions songs that haven't been played in a long time which is what they were doing before Covid. Garden of Eden, the Garden, Bad Obsession, Bad Apples, and You Ain't the First coming back among others would be great. I'd also love if they played any remaining songs that haven't been played live even if it's only once songs like: Don't Damn Me, Shotgun Blues, hell even My World. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:02 AM, THELINESMAN said:

Imagine if they opened the first set of the next tour with Perfect Crime or even Don't Damn Me? Crowd would go wild, fan forums would go wild. It would be amazing. Not gonna happen, but can dream can't we :D

I'm not even sure if the crowd would go wild. They pulled out Locomotive and Dead Horse in OKC, and everyone around us was just standing there clueless. They had no idea what songs they were playing. A few songs later, the place was up for grabs when SCOM started. 

5 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I'm not even sure if the crowd would go wild. They pulled out Locomotive and Dead Horse in OKC, and everyone around us was just standing there clueless. They had no idea what songs they were playing. A few songs later, the place was up for grabs when SCOM started. 

Hardcore fans generally can't wrap their head around that the majority of the people who go to these shows are not hardcore fans.  GNR has a huge following, and that includes many people who don't own any albums and only know the hits, or only have the greatest hits CD or Appetite, or are just going because they know their most famous songs and are looking for a good night out.

Not many people who attend the shows are looking for Perfect Crime.  That's what WE are looking for.  But not the general audience.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Hardcore fans generally can't wrap their head around that the majority of the people who go to these shows are not hardcore fans.  GNR has a huge following, and that includes many people who don't own any albums and only know the hits, or only have the greatest hits CD or Appetite, or are just going because they know their most famous songs and are looking for a good night out.

Not many people who attend the shows are looking for Perfect Crime.  That's what WE are looking for.  But not the general audience.

Exactly 

• Like 1