Brains drum track on Absurd

19 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

Can someone share the YT credits?

Sounds like they left all the things from the 01 version apart from the chorus and just added Slash to it... the bass doesn't even sound like Duff, just the fill at the end which strangely sounds like it's a different part added later, almost as if they left a Tommy part and just added a small Duff fill to make it sound like he's playing the whole song.

I just can't believe how bizarre this whole thing is. Is the intro guitar Bucket? Looks like the clean break is also still the original... I just... ugh, don't know what to say or feel.

You seem unhealthily obsessed and overly analytical about a song that has "pussy full of maggots" for lyrics. Which completely robs you of your enjoyment that we actually entered an alternate dimension and  timeline where we got a finished product from Axl that came out.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You seem unhealthily obsessed and overly analytical about a song that has "pussy full of maggots" for lyrics. Which completely rob you of your enjoyment that we actually entered an alternate dimension and  timeline where we got a finished product from Axl that came out.

I'm just thinking how the fk I explain this song to my friends next time they come over so that I can play it for them on repeat until they're forced to lie to me and say they like it.

Edited by bassplayer1993
  • ABSUЯD 1

8 minutes ago, bassplayer1993 said:

I'm just thinking how the fk I explain this song to my friends next time they come over so that I can play it for them on repeat until they're forced to lie to me and say they like it.

I have already gotten a few texts about it this morning.. No one likes it or the fact that the first song they released together in 30 years is a CD leftover.   One person said it sounds better than most of CD but said that wasn't saying much.. One said it sounds like something that wasn't good enough for TSI... One said it sounds too much like CD with all the effects..

I personally fucking hate it.. Going from the high of a great show the other night to this.  Slash and Duff are complete fucking sellouts.. Session musicians 

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You seem unhealthily obsessed and overly analytical about a song that has "pussy full of maggots" for lyrics. Which completely robs you of your enjoyment that we actually entered an alternate dimension and  timeline where we got a finished product from Axl that came out.

If I can think about one positive thing about this song it is that they weren't too woke to release a song with those lyrics.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zombux said:

my guts tell me it is Frank all over the track anyway. 

he was uncredited on the SOYL single already (together with new Slash guitar), at least from what "people in the know" kept saying.

so I believe it is him here again.

SOYL drum track didn't sound like Frank at all.

9 minutes ago, zombux said:

he was uncredited on the SOYL single already (together with new Slash guitar), at least from what "people in the know" kept saying.

You mean Axl would intentionally discredit Frank by putting Brain as the drummer, even though Frank is loyal and has been in the band for 15 years? Doesn't sound realistic to me. My gut tells me they put Brain as drummer on credits because he is the actual drummer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zombux said:

Except that we have no real reference point for SOYL's drum track so it could very well be Frank (which is what I believe as well), whereas with Absurd we can confirm that it remains unchanged based on the leaks.

7 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Except that we have no real reference point for SOYL's drum track so it could very well be Frank (which is what I believe as well), whereas with Absurd we can confirm that it remains unchanged based on the leaks.

side-by-side comparison to the leaks actually reveals that the drums are different. not too much, but it's not the exact same track.

edit: or maybe I got it wrong and they are the same. need to get back to that one more time again.

Edited by zombux

4 minutes ago, zombux said:

side-by-side comparison to the leaks actually reveals that the drums are different. not too much, but it's not the exact same track.

edit: or maybe I got it wrong and they are the same. need to get back to that one more time again.

I believe the Village version drums are Josh, and the Bumble leak was Brain of course. (Both these versions are quite different)

I hope a studio version of the one they played at the HOB show leaks with Buckethead, the vocal track at the time, etc. 

10 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I believe the Village version drums are Josh, and the Bumble leak was Brain of course. (Both these versions are quite different)

I hope a studio version of the one they played at the HOB show leaks with Buckethead, the vocal track at the time, etc. 

Yeah I was speaking more to the Bumble version, which is what the single seems to be based on.

13 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Yeah I was speaking more to the Bumble version, which is what the single seems to be based on.

Ah, very well could be a different Brain take, or the same take edited a bit.

I don't think it's Frank. I wonder how much of a presence Frank has on CD2, I would guess a bit more than he did on CD. I actually like Frank's additions to If The World, added some weight to it.

Having played the two versions, new and bumble version side by side there's identical rhythm guitars left on the song that could possibly finck or even Paul huge. Drum track is the same, vocal is the same (of course, anything we hear will be 15 plus years old). 

Only thing that's new are the Slash overdubs and a few Duff fills. Hopefully duff has rerecorded the bass but it sounds almost identical to what is played in the bumble version. 

This couldn't have been more then a few days work doing this new mix you know. 

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I have already gotten a few texts about it this morning.. No one likes it or the fact that the first song they released together in 30 years is a CD leftover.   One person said it sounds better than most of CD but said that wasn't saying much.. One said it sounds like something that wasn't good enough for TSI... One said it sounds too much like CD with all the effects..

I personally fucking hate it.. Going from the high of a great show the other night to this.  Slash and Duff are complete fucking sellouts.. Session musicians 

If I can think about one positive thing about this song it is that they weren't too woke to release a song with those lyrics.

We possibly have the same friends!! :P 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Having played the two versions, new and bumble version side by side there's identical rhythm guitars left on the song that could possibly finck or even Paul huge. Drum track is the same, vocal is the same (of course, anything we hear will be 15 plus years old). 

Only thing that's new are the Slash overdubs and a few Duff fills. Hopefully duff has rerecorded the bass but it sounds almost identical to what is played in the bumble version. 

This couldn't have been more then a few days work doing this new mix you know. 

Don't you think they would have credited the other musicians as well? 

They only gave credits to Brain and I think that the other Instruments (lead & rhythm guitars, synths, bass, etc.) were recorded. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Don't you think they would have credited the other musicians as well? 

They only gave credits to Brain and I think that the other Instruments (lead & rhythm guitars, synths, bass, etc.) were recorded. 

Exactly. If other parts (like Bucket's or Tommy's) were used, you would have seen them credited as "associated performer" just like Brain.

An educated guess leads to two options: 1) they used a Brain drum track for the whole song or 2) like some of the songs on CD (can't remember which ones on top of my mind), they used bits of Brain and bits of Frank on the same song. So it's most likely the current line-up + some Brain contributions and the doubt is whether is Brain on the whole track or Brain + Frank here and there (if this is true, then it makes you wonder who's playing the tiny intro bit with a kill switch, if not Bucket. Probably Richard I guess).

Another interesting note is the "Composer  Lyricist: Guns N' Roses" credit in the YouTube video. Wonder if Pitman had only written the synth intro and, by removing it, he won't even be in the writing credits for the song.

Edited by Twinaleblood
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

It could've been re-created or sampled by Melissa I guess, but it sounds like the leak which is probably Bucket...

Richard used to play some of Bucket's stuff at concerts. He could have re-recorded his parts in the studio version. 

Edited by Sosso

It's a fact Brain is on the track since it's on the credits... I have a doubt if it's only him since it wasn't only him even on Chinese, where he shared parts of songs with Frank. 

Maybe the additional performance on the credits means that...

But I haven't listen closely to the mix to say if there's an edit to the drums or not.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

You mean Axl would intentionally discredit Frank by putting Brain as the drummer, even though Frank is loyal and has been in the band for 15 years? Doesn't sound realistic to me. My gut tells me they put Brain as drummer on credits because he is the actual drummer.

I believe Frank as Dizzy, Fortus and Melissa are under the Guns N' Roses credit on the song performer