UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

Amazon has the super deluxe CD version for $200. I am gonna wait for the vinyl to go on sale.

Anyone know what completists need to buy here? I know it was discussed a while back. But if I want the vinyl super deluxe, what else do I need to get every song available? The two-CD set?

18 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Amazon has the super deluxe CD version for $200. I am gonna wait for the vinyl to go on sale.

Anyone know what completists need to buy here? I know it was discussed a while back. But if I want the vinyl super deluxe, what else do I need to get every song available? The two-CD set?

To get every song available out of this release, you will need the Japanese releases of the CD SDE and UYI II 2CD and then any release of UYI I 2CD.

Your wallet will not be your friend.

Amazon does have the Japan UYI II 2CD, but not the SDE.

Use Your Illusion II SHM https://a.co/d/gDqFYCa

Edited by quikspade
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, quikspade said:

To get every song available out of this release, you will need the Japanese releases of the CD SDE and UYI II 2CD and then any release of UYI I 2CD.

Your wallet will not be your friend.

Amazon does have the Japan UYI II 2CD, but not the SDE.

Use Your Illusion II SHM https://a.co/d/gDqFYCa

What’s the extras on the Japanese versions?

Unless you are a completist, I do not think the Japan versions are essential UNLESS they actually went back and remixed the tracks. If they just ported them from the existing audio from the dvd then I don't see any need to get them.  I would consider getting them if they are remixed and sound like the live tracks from Ritz/Las Vegas though.

Need more feedback.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I assume that was I'm Only Joking from thr Ritz with Izzy?  Pretty damn sick. They should have releaded that with Patience as a single instead of DTJ..  Sounds so good.

It's I'm Only Joking but it's not from the Ritz. Slash plays with a clean guitar tone and the intro is only like 48 seconds before Izzy hits the notes for Patience

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

It's I'm Only Joking but it's not from the Ritz. Slash plays with a clean guitar tone and the intro is only like 48 seconds before Izzy hits the notes for Patience

Its not from the Ritz. :)

Slash2baz from slashfrance.net recorded it for the unboxing video.

37 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

Unless you are a completist, I do not think the Japan versions are essential UNLESS they actually went back and remixed the tracks. If they just ported them from the existing audio from the dvd then I don't see any need to get them.  I would consider getting them if they are remixed and sound like the live tracks from Ritz/Las Vegas though.

Need more feedback.

Agree with that. I dont need Japan 92 tracks unless they're Coma or Locomotive.

They should group the previous DVD releases of Tokyo 1992 together for a remastered Blu-ray set. Bonus features could be some of those rare performances from the other two nights (if not all three nights included in their entirety). So many options for mining the existing live material from that era of the band for nearly endless releases that we'd probably all buy.

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

They should group the previous DVD releases of Tokyo 1992 together for a remastered Blu-ray set. Bonus features could be some of those rare performances from the other two nights (if not all three nights included in their entirety). So many options for mining the existing live material from that era of the band for nearly endless releases that we'd probably all buy.

I thought this too, if they dont there are some very good remasters of the vids on youtube at least we can layer over the new audio