UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

4 hours ago, moreblack said:

Bad Obsession without Teddy n' horns just sounds empty.

Just sounds raw, authentic and overall great you mean. :)

2 hours ago, aliexpress said:

Out of curiosity is it the full show, ie with the stoppages between songs or have they cut it down to just the songs with minimal downtime in between?

It includes all the speeches between songs, which is great. I described it a few pages back.

• Like 3

Looking at the setlist for Ritz '91, it was incredibly ballsy for the band back then. Of the 18 songs played, only 5 were from AFD and 1 from GNR Lies. Besides those 6 and LALD, the rest of the songs would be unknown to almost everyone in the audience.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

21 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Just watched Don’t Cry and S. Hoon. The band was so good back then. The energy they put off was off the chart. I was a freshman in HS in ‘91 so I remember how popular they really were - do you think it was all of Axl’s diva behavior that truly broke the band?

I watched it and thought, hey camera man, there’s other members, not just Axl and Shannon 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Trin9498 said:

Just watched Don’t Cry and S. Hoon. The band was so good back then. The energy they put off was off the chart. I was a freshman in HS in ‘91 so I remember how popular they really were - do you think it was all of Axl’s diva behavior that truly broke the band?

The video kicks ass. If rest of concert is like that, wow.

just an FYI, I just bought the super deluxe set off Amazon for $202.  much cheaper than the GNR site which was going to be 285 dollars (price includes shipping).  

just a heads up for those who are finally ordering this today. 

Screenshot_20221111-064641_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Chester 524
  • Like 1

Listening to Las Vegas.  Waiting to watch Ritz once I get the box set.  It sounds really really good.  I'm not saying that Live Era was bad (making multiple recordings from multiple era's sounds like a cohesive package). 

This presentation sounds fantastic.  Everything flows together.  It's great. 

3 hours ago, Stress Fracture said:

Listening to Bad Obsession from Vegas on the deluxe edition makes it even more crazy that it’s not a current staple of the setlist. Okay, maybe lose the c word but it’s perfect for Axl’s current limitations and I’m pretty sure Slash would love it too.

Definately keep Cunt

1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

100%... He also started turning ock fans off..  He just changed..  You could tell he was a different person in this Ritz 91 show than he was in earlier years.. Ego was in full effect.. Even the look. In that Don't Cry video, everyone else in the band looks cool and normal with their jeans and tshirts or whatever.. Then you see Axl with that huge ass goofy white jacket and white biker shorts..  87/88 Axl would have kicked his ass lol....

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Looking at the setlist for Ritz '91, it was incredibly ballsy for the band back then. Of the 18 songs played, only 5 were from AFD and 1 from GNR Lies. Besides those 6 and LALD, the rest of the songs would be unknown to almost everyone in the audience.

Civil War and KOHD were both released in 1990 and got plenty of radio play. KOHD was also on the Ritz 88 show which I think was MTVs most played show ever so those songs were known as well. Any big fans who had bootlegs back in the day may have known Don't Cry.. I know I had all that shit.. These were special small shows that fans probably felt very pledged to get in.. They really could have gotten away with playing anything they wanted. 

Does anyone remember what it took to get in? They were last minute announcements right? Did they just anounce them on the local rock station that day and first come forst serve?

42 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

just an FYI, I just bought the super deluxe set off Amazon for $202.  much cheaper than the GNR site which was going to be 285 dollars (price includes shipping).  

just a heads up for those who are finally ordering this today. 

Screenshot_20221111-064641_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I was holding out for $250 for the LP set  ut I think I'd snag it at $300

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trin9498 said:

People can dump on Axl if they want, but of the three OG players he was the only one sober during the UYI-era. Slash and Duff could barely string a coherent sentence together. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

54 minutes ago, RichardNixon said:

People can dump on Axl if they want, but of the three OG players he was the only one sober during the UYI-era. Slash and Duff could barely string a coherent sentence together. 

Who cares? They were in an 80's rock band not jahova witnesses. They were still doing their jobs and doing it very well. They weren't showing up to play 5 hours late if he showed up at all and they weren't starting riots and throwing hissy fits all the time.. He may not have been on heroin but I doubt he was sober.. I would put money that still drank and partied just not as much as the other guys. I mean he still drinks now.  Also, Izzy did get sober and couldn't deal with Axl's ego either..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Trin9498 said:

TBH - a combination of drugs within the band and mental illness with Axl was to blame IMO. Wasn’t it the case where it was reported he was bipolar - which combined with ego and drugs….carnage!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, jaknudsen said:

Some info in this News report: 

I watched this last week. The end with Tabatha is classic.. I was thinking that it woud have made some funny ass bonus features for the Blu Ray... Are there any bonus features on the Blu Ray? Any hype footage before teh show or do they just get right to the show?