UYI boxset will be released 11/11/22. In Slash We Trust. * Now available *

17 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I watched this last week. The end with Tabatha is classic.. I was thinking that it woud have made some funny ass bonus features for the Blu Ray... Are there any bonus features on the Blu Ray? Any hype footage before teh show or do they just get right to the show?

No bonus or anything. Just the show and credits at the end thats it.

• Like 1

I’ve gotta be honest now that this is released.  If I wasn’t paying for Apple Music, I would be SUPER pissed about the fact that to get all of the material I would have to shell out for not just the “Super Deluxe” but also for each albums individual “Deluxe Edition” for those extra tracks as well.  And that’s not factoring in that I see everyone talking about differences on the Japanese versions too. That’s a pretty low move, even for GNR.  

I watched Don't Cry and Patience. Best Gnr pro shot ever! Even with the 1991 voice. The performances of the songs are far better than I expected. It looks and sounds incredible, even if the snippets we saw so far are just a movie screen filmed. Imagine the real thing!  

Edited by vicson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SheldonR311 said:

I’ve gotta be honest now that this is released.  If I wasn’t paying for Apple Music, I would be SUPER pissed about the fact that to get all of the material I would have to shell out for not just the “Super Deluxe” but also for each albums individual “Deluxe Edition” for those extra tracks as well.  And that’s not factoring in that I see everyone talking about differences on the Japanese versions too. That’s a pretty low move, even for GNR.  

The Japanese edition with bonus tracks makes no sense. But we all remember Coma on Live Era...

1 minute ago, vicson said:

I watched Don't Cry and Patience. Best ever Gnr pro shot ever! Even with the 1991 voice. The performances of the songs are far better than I expected. It looks and sounds incredible, even if the snippets we saw so far are just a movie creen filmed. Imagine the real thing!  

Told you guys 😁

• Like 1

Starting off with Vegas on my listen today (I'll save the Ritz for the Blu-ray). It's nice to hear that Nightrain unaltered. Interestingly it would also seem that Slash's guitar was overdubbed on the Live Era version from about the end of the main solo onwards. Not that I think Slash hit the studio to re-record like Axl did (it was probably taken from another performance), but having the unedited version for comparison is really neat. Shows how much tinkering went into Live Era so it's amazing to finally have a raw recording, and one that is presented and mixed so well. Loving it so far!

Also shout out to Spotify for having the albums neatly organized and for leaving the originals up for those who still wish to listen to them.

• Like 1

Obviously this Ritz 91' show was a watershed moment when it came to Axl and the rest of the band. Izzy left the band two months later, I think Axl's behavior in St. Louis at the time influenced all that shit. Fuck, Slash and the rest just wanted to play and have fun. Axl built and destroyed the band. And I venture to say that he is ungrateful to the fans who accompany him these days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UncleJosh said:

I thought it was well known Slash did a lot of overdubbing on Live Era.  Maybe as much as Axl?  Wasn't he flying the tapes back and forth since they weren't speaking at the time?

I could be misremembering but I always thought he maintained he hadn't really contributed to it and that it was "as honest as it gets" or something to that effect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

I could be misremembering but I always thought he maintained he hadn't really contributed to it and that it was "as honest as it gets" or something to that effect.

I remember saying there were a couple guitar edits but for the most part the music was live 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

I thought it was well known Slash did a lot of overdubbing on Live Era.  Maybe as much as Axl?  Wasn't he flying the tapes back and forth since they weren't speaking at the time?

He definitely did some edits. He and Axl went back and forth through intermediaries on what to work on 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UncleJosh said:

I figured that was a lie.  Nikki Sixx said the same thing about their live album. Lol

Oh 100%. Not that I didn't expect that things were fixed, but I just assumed from Slash's quotes that he wasn't really involved.

I meant moreso that Axl's re-recorded vocals are such a talking point among the fandom but this shows that there was quite a bit of guitar tinkering as well.

• Like 1

Just skimmed thru the whole super deluxe. The remastered studio tracks sound really good to my ears.

As for the live tracks, it’s interesting to hear the live era stuff un-doctored, though it also feels weird cause I’m so used to the 1999 versions.

The never-before-heard tracks are also good (especially November Rain from Vegas). Regarding the three live versions of DTJ, Ritz 91 is my favorite, cause Axl wasn’t doing the stupid “home fuck” lines yet. Hearing Shannon Hoon’s voice so crisp and clear on his tracks made me emotional, I must admit.

I plan to buy the normal deluxes from iTunes and also cherry pick from the super deluxe. Overall, this was a pretty solid release.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

I’m just listening to the remasters now. Honestly, did these albums even need a remaster? It’s not like in any other album, where you quickly notice the diference in the remaster. I barely notice any difference in some of the tracks, except for the volume (there’s some songs where you obviously do notice the difference, Double Talkin Jive, Civil War, Dead Horse, Bad Apples, Shotgun Blues in my opinion). Plus I’m not very interested in the live stuff, so Apple Music will be enough for me.

Maybe I’ll pick up the deluxe versions of the cds later on, when they’re at a discount price, for collection sakes, but I’m definitely not buying this stuff for 200-300. They really f’up in not including the demos.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 2