Slash interview (Classic Rock): More re-recorded CD leftovers are coming (no details)

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Yes, of course. Not unlikely at all. And I have never said anything else.

Our disagreement lies in your fanatical belief that Axl never recorded vocals after 2001 that we haven't heard, and your fanatical belief that we won't get another album but just 2-3 additional songs.

We know he recorded vocals after 2001, and the album proves it.

I've typed detailed lists of what I believe he did complete and what he may have recorded.

Slash has answered my prayers.

They are gonna release songs Axl had lying around.

Those songs are going to be contestant to my detailed list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pele said:

Because I've been saying for over a year that all he completed are Atlas, Perhaps and General.

If he releases other stuff (particularly songs I've categorically said I believe don't exist) - I'll have been proven completely wrong.

The hilarious thing is he's gonna release Atlas and Perhaps, and you're STILL gonna be deluded enough to think he has more.

I wouldn't say people thinking there is more than three songs after Slash having talked about a record, are being deluded. But I would question the mental capacity of those who refuse to believe in additional songs, despite all the evidence we now have for their existence. Or maybe not "mental capacity", but maybe ability to adjust one's own theories when face with contrary evidence and being so emotionally invested in an argument that one cannot possible adjust it out of fear of losing face. It's quite human, actually. 

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

We know he recorded vocals after 2001, and the album proves it.

"[...] that we haven't heard". Take a breather now and relax until you have regained your ability to grasp what I am writing. 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I wouldn't say people thinking there is more than three songs after Slash having talked about a record, are being deluded. But I would question the mental capacity of those who refuse to believe in additional songs, despite all the evidence we now have for their existence. Or maybe not "mental capacity", but maybe ability to adjust one's own theories when face with contrary evidence and being so emotionally invested in an argument that one cannot possible adjust it out of fear of losing face. It's quite human, actually. 

"[...] that we haven't heard". Take a breather now and relax until you have regained your ability to grasp what I am writing. 

You can say what you want now.

Everyone who has read our posts over the last year know the bones of our disagreement.

I said there was no 'vault'.  The Village leaks is what he had - barring a bit of work in 2006.

You've said I'm wrong.

Despite now admitting an album might entirely comprised of those Village Sessions (and 1-2 extras), you've been fighting against this opinion for over a year.

It's actually hilarious that you've finally offered a suggested album tracklist - and it's Village Sessions plus maybe Soulmonster.

Slash says they are releasing the songs Axl had.

I'm delighted - and I'm doubling down with my prediction.

You're panicking and backtracking.  You've already said in this thread, if he releases Atlas, Perhaps, OMG, General and nothing else - it STILL doesn't seem likely he doesn't have all these other songs, so whatever.

I'm not overly thrilled about potentially being drip fed tunes, but it's certainly better than the sweet fuck all we've had since Chinese Democracy (in terms of official releases) and the prospect of more dropping before this Euro Tour may motivate me slightly for the shows I'm booked up for.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some quotes:

You’re able to juggle Guns N’ Roses and the Conspirators, but how did you react when Axl did the same back in 2016 – stepping in for Brian Johnson on AC/DC’s Rock Or Bust tour just as Guns’ Not In This Lifetime tour was starting?

In the moment, when it first came up, it was a little jarring, I have to say. I was super-proud that he was doing it, but how that was gonna happen and go right into the Guns thing, I didn’t know. But anyway, it worked out. So it wasn’t like a big deal. I don’t think we ever really discussed it, but in the back of my mind I was wondering how this was all going to come together.

Most people say Axl did a great job in AC/DC.

Yeah, he did. I came out to a gig in London, and it was phenomenal. I was blown away, especially when he sang the Bon Scott stuff. That was a very proud moment, actually.

You didn’t feel weird seeing your singer with another band?

Not at all. It was AC/DC, man! The fact that he got asked to do that was very cool. And he worked his ass off doing it, too. He really adhered to the whole AC/DC regimen and pulled it off.

[...]

Finally, let’s talk about you and Axl. You’ve said that from the first time you met him he was an enigma. You just had to learn to live with his volatile nature. Has that changed at all? Has he mellowed with age?

Well, without getting into a long diatribe about that, we got together and started working again, and he’s the same person, but… I consider myself to be pretty professional. In all these years that we’ve been apart, he’s become super-fucking professional. And he’s never missed a beat during this whole time. So it’s been great. There’s been a sort of synergy that’s been happening this last six years that we never had in our first incarnation.

Paints a very clear picture.

Singer of a world famous rock band becoming singer of another world famous rock band.

Lead guitarist said "I don’t think we ever really discussed it,

Too busy emailing his Atlas Shrugged guitar solo to Caram Castanzo's assistants, as per instruction from Fernando's PA.

13 minutes ago, Dean said:

I'm not overly thrilled about potentially being drip fed tunes, but it's certainly better than the sweet fuck all we've had since Chinese Democracy (in terms of official releases) and the prospect of more dropping before this Euro Tour may motivate me slightly for the shows I'm booked up for.

Don't worry - that 'drip feeding' will come to a quiet end after they've given us Atlas and Perhaps.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

Paints a very clear picture.

Singer of a world famous rock band becoming singer of another world famous rock band.

Lead guitarist said "I don’t think we ever really discussed it,

Too busy emailing his Atlas Shrugged guitar solo to Caram Castanzo's assistants, as per instruction from Fernando's PA.

What are you talking about?

He's saying they didn't ever discuss it at that time, 2016.. What does it have to do with Atlas Shrugged?

Edited by Blackstar

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

What are you talking about?

He's saying they didn't ever discuss it at that time, 2016.. What does it have to do with Atlas Shrugged?

Just pointing out the utter delusion of anyone thinking this is a 'band' - or there is any creative process between these guys.

Remember - before Slash finally admitted it, people still thought these guys were gonna get together and write an album!

Slash has now very clearly articulated Slash and Duff need to re-do guitar and bass parts for the songs Axl has lying around.

The only time they ever interact personally is probably on stage.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pele said:

I said there was no 'vault'.  The Village leaks is what he had - barring a bit of work in 2006.

You've said I'm wrong.

No, I haven't. The "barring a bit of work in 2006" is where we disagree. I am much more open than you to Axl having worked on the music after 2001, in both 2006 and 2007 and possibly other years, and thus there being much more in the vault than what we got from the Village leaks. Your absurd position is that all he ever did post 2001 is something we have heard alreadt.

17 minutes ago, Pele said:

Despite now admitting an album might entirely comprised of those Village Sessions (and 1-2 extras), you've been fighting against this opinion for over a year..

No, I haven't :lol: I have NEVER said a future album is likely to contain new songs written after the reunion.

18 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's actually hilarious that you've finally offered a suggested album tracklist - and it's Village Sessions plus maybe Soulmonster.

I haven't offered a track list, I said that the track list you offered, wasn't unlikely at all.

Are you unravelling at the seams?

1 minute ago, rocknroll41 said:

Cool info. I’m fine with the approach of continuing to release one song at a time until they’ve put out our enough for a record and then compile those into a more traditional release. Pretty sure some non-rock artists have already done the same anyways.

I would be too, if there was any chance of there being enough songs.

Here's the next prediction.  The 'drip feeding' silently comes to a halt after Atlas and Perhaps.

Slash/Duff leave after the next tour.

Soulmonster says Axl still has the songs, and the ones we hadn't have heard would have come out next if Slash/Duff didn't leave.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I haven't. The "barring a bit of work in 2006" is where we disagree. I am much more open than you to Axl having worked on the music after 2001, in both 2006 and 2007 and possibly other years, and thus there being much more in the vault than what we got from the Village leaks. Your absurd position is that all he ever did post 2001 is something we have heard alreadt.

Well, looks like we are gonna find out!

They are gonna release the songs Axl has lying about.

I say it's gonna be Atlas, Perhaps, General.

You think there is 'much more'

• Like 1

I think the bottom line is that nobody knows either way what's out there in terms of completed songs and it's a bit foolish arguing too far either way. The 2019 leaks give a good indication of what is out there but considering they date from quite a few years before the album finally dropped and that Sorry and Shackler's did get finished with vocals, we don't know that there aren't vocals for some of the other instrumentals. Axl also said he did vocals for Me & My Elvis/Soul Monster. There's also The General. There's probably an album's worth of stuff there but whether there's anything on par with Better or There Was a Time remains to be seen. Personally, I think Soul Monster sounds incredible and considering the wonders Slash worked on Absurd, it could be a true epic. 

Just now, BassistSeb said:

I think the bottom line is that nobody knows either way what's out there in terms of completed songs and it's a bit foolish arguing too far either way. The 2019 leaks give a good indication of what is out there but considering they date from quite a few years before the album finally dropped and that Sorry and Shackler's did get finished with vocals, we don't know that there aren't vocals for some of the other instrumentals. Axl also said he did vocals for Me & My Elvis/Soul Monster. There's also The General. There's probably an album's worth of stuff there but whether there's anything on par with Better or There Was a Time remains to be seen. Personally, I think Soul Monster sounds incredible and considering the wonders Slash worked on Absurd, it could be a true epic. 

Exactly.  We will never know, so whatever came next - the deluded fanboys were always gonna say there is more to come, and I'm crazy for only thinking he did these songs.

This is as clear and as close as it's ever gonna be.

Slash has said they are going to release the songs Axl had lying around.

Let's see what these songs are.

3 minutes ago, Pele said:

Seems like Slash thinks there is much more, too :lol: But of course, Slash is lying to us, right? Every statement that flies in the face of your theory is a lie, isn't that true? And every little evidence that goes against your theory must absurdly be rejected whereas most things completely irrelevant can be twisted into supporting your increasingly unlikely beliefs? And every vocals you haven't heard, don't exist? Oh, Pele.

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

They interact as much as Axl has interacted with band mates since 1992. No more, no less.

Agreed, which is why I said people are crazy to believe they were gonna sit down and write an album together.  I was right about that.

Seems like Slash thinks there is much more, too :lol: But of course, Slash is lying to us, right? Every statement that flies in the face of your theory is a lie, isn't that true? And every little evidence that goes against your theory must absurdly be rejected whereas most things completely irrelevant can be twisted into supporting your increasingly unlikely beliefs? And every vocals you haven't heard, don't exist? Oh, Pele.

Well we'll know soon.

They are going to release the songs Axl had lying round.

Let's see if they are exactly the ones I've said - or it's much more?

What's your money on?

1 minute ago, Pele said:

They are going to release the songs Axl had lying round.

Let's see if they are exactly the ones I've said - or it's much more?

What's your money on?

Heh. If they end up releasing an album's worth of songs, then you were wrong in saying we would only get Atlas and Perhaps (and Oh My God and General - depending upon which of your statements we will focus on, you have gone a little bit back and forth on this over the last weeks). If they don't end up releasing an album's worth of songs, then I was wrong in believing they would. 

Heh. If they end up releasing an album's worth of songs, then you were wrong in saying we would only get Atlas and Perhaps (and Oh My God and General - depending upon which of your statements we will focus on, you have gone a little bit back and forth on this over the last weeks). If they don't end up releasing an album's worth of songs, then I was wrong in believing they would. 

Ok, you've committed finally to a bit of a resolution.

If they release Atlas, Perhaps, General and leave it there - I was probably right?

Without ever knowing for definite, you'll concede that he probably didn't have the songs you thought he did?

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

I would be too, if there was any chance of there being enough songs.

Here's the next prediction.  The 'drip feeding' silently comes to a halt after Atlas and Perhaps.

Slash/Duff leave after the next tour.

Soulmonster says Axl still has the songs, and the ones we hadn't have heard would have come out next if Slash/Duff didn't leave.

Well, looks like we are gonna find out!

Can we do a wager? If they released something outside of your predictions/delusions, you have to do a 1 pele 1 cup thing but don't film it. 

Nope, that's already your casual Wednesdays. 

How about you quit this forum for good? 

If they did do EVERYTHING you guessed 

What was it just Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps? 

And then nothing else? 

If they did exactly that I will change my name to Pelewasrightbutstillamassivetool

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Can we do a wager? If they released something outside of your predictions/delusions, you have to do a 1 pele 1 cup thing but don't film it. 

Nope, that's already your casual Wednesdays. 

How about you quit this forum for good? 

If they did do EVERYTHING you guessed 

What was it just Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps? 

And then nothing else? 

If they did exactly that I will change my name to Pelewasrightbutstillamassivetool

I'd kind of have to do that by default anyway wouldn't I?

Like if the next release is Seven and Zodiac - everything I've said is null and void.

I'd take the wager on the next two songs for sure.

If the next two songs are either Atlas/Perhaps/General - you're name is PeleWasRight1

If not, I leave?

Just now, Pele said:

Ok, you've committed finally to a bit of a resolution.

If they release Atlas, Perhaps, General and leave it there - I was probably right?

Without ever knowing for definite, you'll concede that he probably didn't have the songs you thought he did?

What is it with your obsession of being proven right? :lol:

If they just release these three songs then I will be inclined to think something went wrong when they were about to finish and or release the other songs they have. That doesn't mean those songs weren't there - we know they have many more songs in different stages of completion today - so something must have happened when Slash or Duff were to add their parts or they just decided to not release them.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What is it with your obsession of being proven right? :lol:

If they just release these three songs then I will be inclined to think something went wrong when they were about to finish and or release the other songs they have. That doesn't mean those songs weren't there - we know they have many more songs in different stages of completion today - so something must have happened when Slash or Duff were to add their parts or they just decided to not release them.

Because day after day, for over a year, you've been telling me I'm wrong.

If now you're saying he can release EXACTLY what I've said he'd release and nothing more - and you'd still believe I was wrong, you might as well stop interacting.

You have absolutely no conviction in your belief, so stop wasting day after day, week after week defending Rose's honor.