Slash interview (Classic Rock): More re-recorded CD leftovers are coming (no details)

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

OMG is a good song with a bad mix (kinda like Hard Skool) but it was released, played live and forgotten 20 years ago. It would be a shame if they wasted their time releasing a re-worked OMG instead of something we haven't heard.

Eye On You was stripped for parts and spliced into the mid-section of Hard Skool so I doubt they'll do anything with that.

My thinking was the fact it was ‘tinkered’ with well after its original release so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility we could see it again…..I’m being greedy of course as I want this AND unheard stuff. 🤣

I just want everyone to jam together in the same room and create new songs together, at least a couple of times on a new album lol.  I don't think it is unreasonable to think that a song that came together by Axl playing piano in a room and Slash creating guitar parts as he jams, would be exponentially more organic sounding than taking a ProTools session created in 1998 and adding new parts to that

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

My thinking was the fact it was ‘tinkered’ with well after its original release so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility we could see it again…..I’m being greedy of course as I want this AND unheard stuff. 🤣

Yea, the version with Bucket actually sounds pretty cool but it's one of those things that should be put in a CD box set. For all we know it was intended for the remix album and abandoned after that. I remember hearing the reason it wasn't played in 2011 was because Axl thought it was too hard to sing, so I can't imagine he'd try it a decade later...

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

My oh my... I spoke too soon. Pele you are a fool of the highest order.

"The village session, the village sessions" just shut the hell up you fool. What part of this interview do you not comprehend? I'm guessing English isn't your first language, because Slash said 1) there is an album 2) loads of material.

Loads of material is not 2 more songs, if it was 2 more songs then he would have said There's Absurd/Hardskool and two more to go... album in todays world is 8-14 songs. Get over it, your insider card is permanently revoked. Go sit in the corner and wear your dunce hat.

He's said exactly what I thought.

They haven't written anything new - and they are gonna drip feed songs.

If you believe there will be enough for a new full album good for you.

I'm glad this interview gives you confidence.

That confidence will take a small knock when the next song is Atlas.  Then you'll start to worry when Perhaps drops.

Then there will be complete silence and you'll start to claim a brand new one must be right round the corner.

As I keep saying - I am DELIGHTED with this interview.  He has said they have recorded the songs Rose had lying around.

We are all gonna see what songs they were, and given the emotive nature of your message, your world is gonna crumble when they release EXACTLY what I've been saying they'll release, and no more.

7 hours ago, GoForJMark said:

Too safe. How sure are we that it'll be 2 songs? 

How bout this if they release at least 1 of atlas/Perhaps/general NEXT. If one of em is next regardless if they changed the title. I'll change my name to Pelewasrightbutstillamassivetool69

Otherwise you're gone? 

Yes, if they release Atlas, Perhaps, General (under whatever name) - you change your name.

If it's a real, new song we haven't heard - I go.

Bet is void if it's OMG, a cover or a remake of a GNR song

6 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I like the version of oh my god they officially released... unless they've almost completely re-recorded it and made it sound very, very different I see no reason why a song 'released' in 1999 would have any place on a record coming out in 2022/2023/202?

As a fan of the Chinese Democracy era of course I'd give it a listen, and I understand that Axl felt the version released for End of days was just a rough demo... but once it's released, it's released! time to move on. Like I said earlier I'll take whatever they release, I just can't guarantee I'll like it.

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

This band is pretty fucking sad these days...  

Honestly, I agree.  It shouldn't be this complex for a rock band to write and put out rock songs, but they are treating it like it is this crazy science expedition that they did some research on long ago and are just now getting around to revisiting and revising lol

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

He's said exactly what I thought.

They haven't written anything new - and they are gonna drip feed songs.

If you believe there will be enough for a new full album good for you.

I'm glad this interview gives you confidence.

That confidence will take a small knock when the next song is Atlas.  Then you'll start to worry when Perhaps drops.

Then there will be complete silence and you'll start to claim a brand new one must be right round the corner.

As I keep saying - I am DELIGHTED with this interview.  He has said they have recorded the songs Rose had lying around.

We are all gonna see what songs they were, and given the emotive nature of your message, your world is gonna crumble when they release EXACTLY what I've been saying they'll release, and no more.

That's not what you have been saying for months. You said there's 2 songs left with finished vocals and Rose hasn't recorded any more vocals for any other songs. 

I love when people dry to adapt their arguments on the fly when it looks like "oh I might be wrong", but you've repeated your bullshit so often we can all remember. 

If Perhaps and Atlas are released next there is still room on an album for 6-10 more songs, that's 6-10 more songs which you have 100% said do not have vocals. If there wasn't a lot of material then Slash would not be freely offering up info suggesting there was lots of new Axl songs being recorded. Pele, Sorry you've reached the the end of the line!🥳

4 minutes ago, The Matinator said:

For the love of god I just hope whatever they release has updated vocals so we can put an end to this being every thread.

Hahahaha! Touche. Been a while since I dropped in and I was both astonished and concerned that the same shit was getting spouted on most threads... 1999 vocals, Buckethead appearing on the next album, the vault debate etc. It's like a mental institution! Except without the good bits!!! 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That's not what you have been saying for months. You said there's 2 songs left with finished vocals and Rose hasn't recorded any more vocals for any other songs. 

I love when people dry to adapt their arguments on the fly when it looks like "oh I might be wrong", but you've repeated your bullshit so often we can all remember. 

If Perhaps and Atlas are released next there is still room on an album for 6-10 more songs, that's 6-10 more songs which you have 100% said do not have vocals. If there wasn't a lot of material then Slash would not be freely offering up info suggesting there was lots of new Axl songs being recorded. Pele, Sorry you've reached the the end of the line!🥳

It's consistent with what I've been saying.

They have Atlas, Perhaps, General and OMG left.  Those are the songs 'Axl has lying around' so that is what Slash is talking about.  That is what we'll be drip fed.

What do you think is going to happen?

I categorically and undoubtedly believe we won't see what I would consider 'a lot'.

Edited by Pele

42 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I just want everyone to jam together in the same room and create new songs together, at least a couple of times on a new album lol.  I don't think it is unreasonable to think that a song that came together by Axl playing piano in a room and Slash creating guitar parts as he jams, would be exponentially more organic sounding than taking a ProTools session created in 1998 and adding new parts to that

Did the band ever write songs like this though? I remember reading that the other guys would come up with stuff together or separately but Axl always did his work alone. I know some bands do write and jam together though.

52 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

OMG is a good song with a bad mix (kinda like Hard Skool) but it was released, played live and forgotten 20 years ago. It would be a shame if they wasted their time releasing a re-worked OMG instead of something we haven't heard.

I'd agree with that. I actually think it's q banger of a track but it didn't land well so no point resurrecting it now. Bizarrely I didn't mind the weird mix either. Used to listen to that a lot as a 14/15 year old. Loved it!

Always thought OMG was a solid song, much better than Absurd but they really needed a B-Side that was more standard Guns N Roses.

As their first new song in years it probably was a real headscratcher much like Absurd was to people who don't closely follow the band.

Does anyone know if Hard Skool had vocals when OMG was released?

1 minute ago, GoForJMark said:

Slash already said no new real songs lol

Yeah, but from the songs 'Axl has lying around' - they could be Zodiac, PRL, Thyme, Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Seven, Circus Maximus, Rebel, RealDoll, Cuban Skies, Thyme etc etc.

I'm saying it won't be any of those.

Just now, Pele said:

Yeah, but from the songs 'Axl has lying around' - they could be Zodiac, PRL, Thyme, Billionaire, Dub Suplex, Seven, Circus Maximus, Rebel, RealDoll, Cuban Skies, Thyme etc etc.

I'm saying it won't be any of those.

Okay, They release at least one of Atlas/perhaps/general NEXT. I change my name.

They release any one of those next - you leave

They release something completely out of anyone's radar - the bet is null and voided

Have to believe Slash and Duff are strictly in it for the paycheck at this point. Probably just like being in Guns and playing with Axl too.

I can't imagine they thought the extent of "new" music would be playing over decades old songs.

Their side bands seem like the only outlet for making new music. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Pele said:

It's consistent with what I've been saying.

They have Atlas, Perhaps, General and OMG left.  Those are the songs 'Axl has lying around' so that is what Slash is talking about.  That is what we'll be drip fed.

What do you think is going to happen?

I categorically and undoubtedly believe we won't see what I would consider 'a lot'.

When you first started it was just Atlas and Perhaps.

You have since added Oh my god and The general. 

I'm sure you'll find some way to say you're right regardless.

Final point. Perhaps, Atlas, General, Absurd, Hardskool. That's 5 songs, that does not amount to an albums worth of material. What I expect is a minimum of 10-14 songs, a few we've heard through leaks and a couple that we haven't heard at all. I don't expect brand new material written by the current line up.