Slash interview (Classic Rock): More re-recorded CD leftovers are coming (no details)

I wonder what Axl's reaction to that 2019 leak was and if it made him listen to some of that material again. Some of that stuff may have been forgotten.

Listening to it so many years later with a different perspective may have gotten him to come around to some of the unreleased songs.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Oh, I don't consider those Slash songs at all, but GN'R songs. Maybe I missed your point?

Yeah, and more to come :) And a UYI box set. And an EP. And a tour. 

But you know, nothing to talk about, as so many say :lol:

My point was that Slash has written songs in GN’R that are iconic rock songs, vs DJ submitting songs for GN’R when he has had no record of writing iconic rock songs. 

But to say that Axl wouldn’t entertain new song ideas from Slash, who has a proven track record of great songs for GN’R, vs DJ who hadn’t written an iconic rock song in his whole career, than yes, I think some of you here are nuts… and I like SixxAM. But come on, seriously…?

:lol:

5 minutes ago, metallex78 said:

My point was that Slash has written songs in GN’R that are iconic rock songs, vs DJ submitting songs for GN’R when he has had no record of writing iconic rock songs. 

But to say that Axl wouldn’t entertain new song ideas from Slash, who has a proven track record of great songs for GN’R, vs DJ who hadn’t written an iconic rock song in his whole career, than yes, I think some of you here are nuts… and I like SixxAM. But come on, seriously…?

I got you know. I misunderstood what you said. Yes, based on his past contributions in GN'R it would be absurd to choose DJ over Slash.

• Like 2
  • ABSUЯD 1

It may not be ideal, but re-recording CD material makes the most sense. Why leave it all on the cutting floor when you can re-record some of it, do a couple of edits and make money of the material? Even then, we know some of the CD material is good, and personally, i do still want to hear songs like The General, Seven, Soul Monster, etc.

The only shit thing about re-recording CD material is that they could have easily done it way back in 2016/2017, which is when they should have put out an album.

• ABSUЯD 1

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

I can't even imagine what a radio friendly version of Absurd would be!

I guess 2 Live Crew did it back in the day with their raunchy lyrics so anything is possible.

I think Absurd is extreme filler, has terrible lyrics but I would be able to like it in a 'tongue in cheek' way if it weren't for two things: the out of rhythm vocal skips in the verses & the pasted screams ("Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!":wow: ) . Any producer in his right mind would have cleaned up that mess. I can't imagine a garage band pushing out their 1st demo putting up with that, let alone Gn'R. 

The band /Axl rehashing old demos isn't the problem. The lack of will to make the production sound organic - which absolutely can be done with the base material feat. SLUFF - baffles me tbh. 

Now bring us the fxxxng General. 😁

Edited by Gaanzer
  • Like 2

i think there would be another album, my worry is axl and the others guys heath, the music can be done when they feel it.

i would love to hear the songs in the vault with slash/duff worck on it, i don t see the problem, maybe bc some people pretend that the kids from the ritz 88 get up the stage some day, they r doing an amazing job at his age.

my complain is the lack of release of old material, and a poor fans service.

also it would be sick a axl solo album, maybe a piano album or some acustic johhny cash style, maybe later in time with an old axl 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mystery said:

I wonder what Axl's reaction to that 2019 leak was and if it made him listen to some of that material again. Some of that stuff may have been forgotten.

Listening to it so many years later with a different perspective may have gotten him to come around to some of the unreleased songs.

I believe the staff have mentioned that Beta let them know that Axl was really bummed out about it. They may be able to confirm, but I seem to remember that from around the time everything was going nuts because of the leaks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Remember people when Fernando told us in that group call that if there were NO covid we would have had new music by then?

Well, Slash pretty much confirms that was a lie. Because they didn't rework shit till covid 

@Fernando

5YXO.gif9Kax.gif2lqD.gif

Simply untrue. Atlas has been ready, with Slash's parts, for years.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Remember people when Fernando told us in that group call that if there were NO covid we would have had new music by then?

Well, Slash pretty much confirms that was a lie. Because they didn't rework shit till covid 

@Fernando

5YXO.gif9Kax.gif2lqD.gif

There was some work done in 2019, maybe some arrangements, e.g. when Slash went to Axl's house in April 2019 (which Slash himself confirmed).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was some work done in 2019, maybe some arrangements, e.g. when Slash went to Axl's house in April 2019 (which Slash himself confirmed).

Seems those comments may have been specific to HS and Absurd, as like you said it was mentioned before that work was being done.

• Like 1

Glad to see his honesty. Sad to think he hasn’t talked to Izzy in 5+ years and repairing one relationship appears to have ruined another.  The original 5 will never all get along at the same time apparently.

Edited by Asdiz
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Not at all. Slash loves working in that band and loves working with Myles. Just because the fanbase wants one thing, it doesn't mean that those involved are thinking the same way.

At the end of the day, it was Axl that got the ball rolling on the reunion. If Slash was yearning for Axl to sing his songs, he'd have made the first proper move long before 2015. As it turns out Slash never seemed that interested (at least not publicly) before they got back together.

Slash wanted a reunion at least simce the time he went Axl's house

I wish the person that interviewed Slosh brought up the fact that he had recently said 2022 was gonna be the UYI Box Set.

So which is it Slosh?

1- keep releasing GNR singles from Chin Dem II until album is done.

2 - release UYI Box Set 

I highly doubt they will do both these things in the same year 🤔

5 minutes ago, RedHook said:

I wish the person that interviewed Slosh brought up the fact that he had recently said 2022 was gonna be the UYI Box Set.

So which is it Slosh?

2 - release UYI Box Set 

hey men listen up don t mess with slosh, the man is lit!! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, RedHook said:

So which is it Slosh?

2 - release UYI Box Set 

I think the comments re the UYI box were made after this interview (think they interview was taken a few months ago but just published) so this interviewer probably didn’t even know!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

I think the comments re the UYI box were made after this interview (think they interview was taken a few months ago but just published) so this interviewer probably didn’t even know!

Yes, since this interview is in a magazine, it was definitely conducted at least a month before it was published, so earlier than the audio interview where he mentioned the UYI box set.

2 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

Slash wanted a reunion at least simce the time he went Axl's house

Right, but that doesn't for a second mean that he'll only want Axl singing on his material over Myles. It's pretty obvious he enjoys working with Myles and is able to keep both gigs separate.

That was my point – there's no need to assume he'd rather have Axl over Myles for SMKC stuff, because in reality that's probably far from the truth. If he says they're separate, which he has on multiple occasions, then they're separate.

The guy's in two bands, just because the fans what Axl+Slash every waking hour, it doesn't mean Slash wants the same

• Like 1

18 hours ago, metallex78 said:

You think Axl would choose DJ’s songs because of his five minutes of fame with SixxAM and Motley, over Slash’s songs that have become iconic rock songs that stand the test of time? You guys are absolutely delusional…

We're talking about the same Slash that wrote all those Snakepit songs Axl wanted nothing to do with, yes?

Check yourself.  Slash's songwriting doesn't line up with what Axl's been doing.  :axl: