Slash interview (Classic Rock): More re-recorded CD leftovers are coming (no details)

1 minute ago, CAFC Nick said:

Very possible these are Brain drums though from a later version of Hardskool (post locker leaks) and before you say "the song structure is different", it's very possible these were cut and pasted to fit.

Which is why Atlas is very likely to be different, maybe shorter and tighter, or knowing the CD years, longer ala TWAT

1 minute ago, rumandraisin said:

Which is why Atlas is very likely to be different, maybe shorter and tighter, or knowing the CD years, longer ala TWAT

Oh absolutely. I definitely think Slash/Duff will make Atlas more cohesive, even if I do really like the village leaks version. HS, for me, is definitely a better with the influence of Slash and Duff and a more flowing song structure.

2 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Very possible these are Brain drums though from a later version of Hardskool (post locker leaks) and before you say "the song structure is different", it's very possible these were cut and pasted to fit.

I really dont think it's Brain on Drums... Brain as far as we know just rerecorded the superb Freese parts with his feel (wich wasnt so great)

When it was rerecorded? Have no clue

1 minute ago, Beto 22 said:

I really dont think it's Brain on Drums... Brain as far as we know just rerecorded the superb Freese parts with his feel (wich wasnt so great)

When it was rerecorded? Have no clue

I don't think we have definitive confirmation on the personnel for HS, I believe it has been listed as "Guns N' Roses" but judging it based on the Absurd confirmation I think it will be Brain but that's pure speculation on my part.

27 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

I don't think we have definitive confirmation on the personnel for HS, I believe it has been listed as "Guns N' Roses" but judging it based on the Absurd confirmation I think it will be Brain but that's pure speculation on my part.

I think the way they credited Brain separately was weird for Absurd. And as they didnt do the same for HS which suggests it's Frank. It doesnt have Brains vibe anyway. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CAFC Nick said:

Great question asked by the interviewer and exactly what we want clarified. Thanks Slash for not shirking that one and answering, even though we knew the answer :P

Probably the second best Slash interview since this one in Rolling Stone where the interviewer asked a brilliant question: So are you in Guns N’ Roses, or are you just playing with Guns N’ Roses?

You could tell Slash was like... "Wait... am I in GNR??" when the interviewer said that. I think Slash actually said "that's a great question"😄 Don't think we ever got a solid answer on that, we know he's a partner but he was a partner when he was out of the band! I think he's a partner that is hired by Axl to play in GNR, so basically the position he quit over 23 years earlier.... not to start that debate again!! 

4 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I think Perhaps would be logical as the next song after they released 2 rockers. If Slash plays an epic solo on it like he always does on ballads it could even perform way better on the charts since slower songs are more accessible, compared to HS. Maybe they've worked on Perhaps a lot more than we think, GNRs standard for ballads is very high. Atlas will never take off it's just too shit, complete filler. I can't see them releasing that soon unless they literally have nothing else recorded.

Imo HS is as commercial friendly as you can get in a GNR single

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

You could tell Slash was like... "Wait... am I in GNR??" when the interviewer said that. I think Slash actually said "that's a great question"😄 Don't think we ever got a solid answer on that, we know he's a partner but he was a partner when he was out of the band! I think he's a partner that is hired by Axl to play in GNR, so basically the position he quit over 23 years earlier.... not to start that debate again!! 

The partnership thing is complicated. It was active when Slash and Duff were out of the band only in regards to the rights to the back catalog (which all three of them jointly controlled). Now they're apparently partners in the current business.

• Like 3

At this point we’re all just wanting rehashed leftovers, or potential hits. Perhaps is the best song out of the leaks that has the potential. I just, and many of us just want a nice mixed version of that.

Unless it’s been fucked six ways from Sunday and that sweet breakdown and piano is gone.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Imo HS is as commercial friendly as you can get in a GNR single

Edit: Nevermind I just relistened to Perhaps for the first time since 2019 and it actually rocks harder than I thought lol. Not really a ballad.

It's ironic that a band known for their next level music videos just shit something out now instead of even making a normal one. It doesn't take much, if you look at a video like Way Down We Go by KALEO, they could just as easily film Axl at the piano like that, and it would gain way more attention than these awful lyric videos.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

1 hour ago, DefinitelyInThisLifetime said:

At this point we’re all just wanting rehashed leftovers, or potential hits. Perhaps is the best song out of the leaks that has the potential. I just, and many of us just want a nice mixed version of that.

Unless it’s been fucked six ways from Sunday and that sweet breakdown and piano is gone.

I fear the solo in that song was also replaced, which is highly likely. I just hope Slash can do it justice, he certainly did with Hard Skool IMO, though I liked Robin's work on that too.

5 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I fear the solo in that song was also replaced, which is highly likely. I just hope Slash can do it justice, he certainly did with Hard Skool IMO, though I liked Robin's work on that too.

Of course it will be, anyone who thinks there will be lead guitar by any of the nugnr guys on a new release is mental.

• Like 2

On 1/6/2022 at 6:37 AM, jamillos said:

"Mental trajectory."
"The vantage point to be able to have that perspective."
"Sort of objectively look at it..."

For the love of god, man. 

"That’s a whole other interview!"

Well, make it, then! 

The guy is fully "TeamBraziled", this is the kind of time I'd love to say I'm done with this band but...

Edited by jafeijo

So slash basically confirmed Axl still hasnt stepped into a vocal booth for any new songs or retouch up of the old ones. Just handed over the old left over scraps to work on. Sad news. Realistically I do not see a new freshly recorded album ever coming out which is sad. Such a waste of this "reunion".

• Like 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Yep it will all be replaced. The best thing they could of done was leave the cd stuff and release it with a CD collectors anniversary box set and record brand new stuff as a band for release now

Edited by vloors
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Beto 22 said:

If slash says the drums were intact, he never hearf the leaked version of Hard Skool...

A bombastic drum performance on that track eh. Up there with the best of Bonzo, Ginger, Peart or Copeland! 🤣

He was talking about Absurd.

12 minutes ago, vloors said:

Yep it will all be replaced. The best thing they could of done was leave the cd stuff and release it with a CD collectors anniversary box set and record brand new stuff as a band for release now

I believe there are gems in the CD2 and CD3 material worth a wide release. A best case for me, is the best, or all of the unreleased CD sessions being touched up with the current lineup, released on an album or albums, and eventually them releasing it all, as it was, on an anniversary release so we get the discarded mixes with Bucket, Robin, etc. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

I haven’t been on here in a minute because I’m my eyes this band is dead and the excitement is over for me but, I just wanted to give my two cents. 

Slash is just saying enough to keep hope alive and some form of interest in these tours. Axl is creatively spent and won’t be writing anything new anytime soon. This “reunion” has gone on for 6 years now. If they were gonna write new new material it would have been done by now. Enjoy these last few years while it lasts y’all....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Also, if Axl was unwilling to do any writing for DJ Ashbas demos, he sure as shit is not going to do any writing for Slash

Exactly this

Ashba was a hot catch at the time coming off of working with Motley Crue and Sixx AM; if Axl rejected songs from Ashba, he's not going to give any of Slash's new bangers the time of day.  Slash can say all he wants that SMKC songs are separate from GNR, but it's safe to assume Slash would have loved Axl singing on them instead of Myles.

• Haha 1