Your Concerts in 2022

Stiff Competition

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

Totally get that - I'm not saying the whole thing felt like this massive cash grab, there were just a few elements that sort of rubbed me the wrong way a bit. The event shirts is a great example, they seem like the antithesis of a band that should be doing event shirts :lol: I did really enjoy them still though, they're a band I never thought I'd get to see live. 

Yeah, definitely valid (I bought one anyways, obviously lol). They had been doing that at least starting with the 2007/2010 shows but def different from other bands who do that.

• GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, The Dissident said:

Potential:

• Nick Mason
  • Scorpions
  • Elton John

I can recommend all three of them, but particularly Nick Mason puts on a fantastic show with all the Floyd material you haven't heard Dave or Rog play live. Really fun show!   

On 10/5/2022 at 12:13 AM, username said:

I can recommend all three of them, but particularly Nick Mason puts on a fantastic show with all the Floyd material you haven't heard Dave or Rog play live. Really fun show!   

I have seen Scorpions and Elton before, only reason I haven't bought Scorpions tickets it is 3 and a half hours away.

Nick Mason is the most likely of them that I would purchase, simply because Echoes is being played and that's a top 3 Pink Floyd song for me.

Asking Alexandria cancelled the rest of their US tour due to singer Danny's voice issues.

Not going to the Freakers' ball which is tonight. ONly wanted to see AA. Glad I found out before I drove the 1 and a half hours and paid $25 for parking before I got to the arena and found out they cancelled. Not a fan of the other bands and don't care for Disturbed anymore.

Got nothing for this year.

YES! Just got tickets for The Teskey Brothers in Amsterdam. It was the only band I had tickets for during the covid pandemic that got canceled entirely, super excited to finally go see them! 

2022-11-05 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
2022-12-08 - Heideroosjes @ Oosterpoort, Groningen
2022-12-22 - Jan Akkerman @ Oosterpoort, Groningen

2023-01-28 - Robbie Williams @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
2023-01-29 - AleStorm, Gloryhammer, Windrose, Rumahoy @ Brabanthallen, Den Bosch
2023-03-10 - The Teskey Brothers @ AFAS Live, Amsterdam
2023-05-25 - Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band @ Amsterdam Aerna, Amsterdam
2023-07-06 - Rammstein @ Stadspark, Groningen

On 8/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, Bono said:

Haven't seen any yet. Haven't seen any since February 2020.  But I'll make my return to concerts in November in Vancouver for  Smashing Pumpkins with Jane's Addiction & Poppy. 

Jane's is one of favorite bands ever, but Perry is basically a lounge singer these days and Dave isn't touring, but having Avery back will probably get me to go. TM dropped tix to $24 and $44 for the Milwaukee show, so I'll probably make the drive north. 

• 1 month later...

Went to a Blues Pills/Airbourne concert here in Paris last night. Didn’t stay for Airbourne. Not mt cup of tea. Blues Pills, on the other hand, was amazing. A+ concert. Erin Larsson is THE best singer I have ever seen. Hands down. And I have been to my share of live concerts.

After being denied concerts for 34 months I went a little crazy this year 

Roger Waters Toronto - front row. What an amazing experience 

Rage Against The Machine - Hamilton 

Rage Against The Machine - Toronto. The Hamilton show was good I had to go again 

Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Strokes - Nashville. This one came up randomly  I happened to be in Nashville for a bachelor party that weekend

Red Hot Chili Peppers / The Strokes - Toronto   I was in the pit real close to the rail  what an amazing concert 

Spoon / Interpol / Metric - Toronto.  I was in the pit at budwiser stage. I ate a bunch of mushrooms and I was high was fuck.  It was wild

War On Drugs - Toronto.  This concert was way better than I imagined it was going to be. They are a great live band

Pearl Jam - Toronto. I thought this concert sucked. PJ is my all time favourite band and it makes me sad what they are now 

I’m going to see arcade fire this Friday 

On 2/21/2022 at 5:34 PM, Spoon87 said:

Pearl Jam (three times)

Die Toten Hosen (twice)

Glen Hansard

Emma Ruth Rundle

Brian Fallon

Haldern Pop Festival.

Still thinking about getting tickets for GNR in Munich again but I probably won't get a day off from work for that date.

Glen Hansard cancelled and I couldnt attend both Brian Fallon and Emma Ruth Rundle, but I went to The Cure in Munich and The Afghan Whigs in Munich as well instead. Pearl Jam in Vienna was cancelled as well, but the spectacular concert in Frankfurt was untoppable anyway.

Last week I saw Alt-J with the wife, pretty awesome, too, although a bit on the short side.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 9:49 AM, ChristmasFnatic said:

What's wrong with PJ these days?

The setlist wasn't very good. I didn't like how they started with a bunch of mellow songs. It felt like it killed the energy in the arena. 

Eddie voice isn't what it used to be. I don't want to say he sounds bad. It just doesn't have the same energy as before. Its not as angry 

The band just looks old now. It pains me

Stone was wearing mask and just standing off to the side most of the time. it was weird 

This was the 11th time seeing them. The first time was in 2005. I remember thinking back then oh man i wish I got to see them in the 90s when they were on top of their game. I went back and listened to the the 2005 bootlegs i have and they were still fucking good then. 

• Wow 1

On 12/18/2022 at 1:57 AM, HazednDazed said:

The setlist wasn't very good. I didn't like how they started with a bunch of mellow songs. It felt like it killed the energy in the arena. 

Eddie voice isn't what it used to be. I don't want to say he sounds bad. It just doesn't have the same energy as before. Its not as angry 

The band just looks old now. It pains me

Stone was wearing mask and just standing off to the side most of the time. it was weird 

This was the 11th time seeing them. The first time was in 2005. I remember thinking back then oh man i wish I got to see them in the 90s when they were on top of their game. I went back and listened to the the 2005 bootlegs i have and they were still fucking good then. 

Damn. Didn't know they went downward hard.

• 2 weeks later...

End of year overview: 

2022-04-20 - Gregory Porter, ZO Gospel Choir (ft Berget Lewis & Shirma Rouse) @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (originally 2020-03-19 / 2021-01-19)
First concert since december 2019 and my first time seeing Gregory. Wow! What a warming deep beautiful voice and great jazz, gospel and soul arrangements! 

No photo description available.

2022-06-03 - Ian Noe, Wade Sapp @ De Tolhuistuin / Paradiso Noord, Amsterdam
Finally I got to see Ian Noe! I've been a big fan since his 2019 debut and this tour was in support of his second album released this year. In a very small venue as well. This guy is a great country/americana/roots storyteller with very real lyrics. Great show! The sound was a bit loud for the first few songs. 

2022-06-07 - Eric Clapton, Mell & Vintage Future @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (originally 2020-06-19 / 2021-06-11)
Second time seeing Clapton, but the first time was with Steve Winwood playing a lot of Blind Faith, Spencer Davis Group, Traffic and Hendrix songs. This was a real Clapton setlist and while he's always low on the crowd interaction his guitar was still bloody amazing. Having Doyle Bramhall and Paul Carrack in the band was a good bonus. 

2022-06-10 - Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nas @ Goffertpark, Nijmegen 
Nas was a big surprise! Some good 90's nostalgia and cool to see live. But the RHCP were the main event of course. I always regretted not seeing them on their 2006/2007 Stadium Arcadium tour, so now that John was back this was an absolute must. Anthony's vocals pleasently surprised me as I heard they were often meh! The only complaint I have would be that they'd be even better in an arena rather than a 60k outdoor venue. 

2022-07-25 - Pearl Jam, Shame @ Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam (originally 2020-07-23 / 2021-06-17 / 2022-06-15)
I'd seen them in 2018, but this was a very, very special gig. The last one of the tour and with the previous 5 or so being canceled due to Eddie's vocal problems. I had zero hope it'd even happen. But Pearl Jam being the awesome band they are were dead set on finishing the tour on a high note. With a very unconventional set (even for PJ) this was pure relief and magic. 

2022-09-25 - Clouseau, Friday @ Oosterpoort, Groningen (originally 2020-04-25 / 2021-01-22 / 2021-05-09 / 2022-01-29)
A Belgian band my dad used to play a lot in the mid 90's. I'd never seen them so this was a no-brainer for my dad and me. Great nostalgia fun!

May be an image of 6 people, people standing, people playing musical instruments and indoor

2022-09-29 - Pé Daalemmer & Rooie Rinus @ Vera, Groningen
These are local heroes I've seen at least 10 times before that sing in our local dialect. Hilarious as always! 

May be an image of 2 people, people standing, people playing musical instruments and indoor

2022-11-05 - K3 @ Martiniplaza, Groningen
This is a Belgian kids act that my 5yo really wanted to see. And when your kid is happy, you're happy. So I was very happy. 

May be an image of 3 people and indoor

2022-12-08 - Heideroosjes, Skroetbalg @ Oosterpoort, Groningen (originally 2022-10-01)
Ahhh, Heideroosjes. I love this Dutch punk band. They were defunct from 2012 to 2019 but did a reunion tour because the'd have been together for 30 years in 2019. Then covid inspired them to do the impossible and make a fantastic new album. I've seen them tons of times before and will never get tired of it. Seeing these guys makes me happy. 38 is not to old for a moshpit. 

May be an image of 9 people, people standing and people playing musical instruments

2022-12-22 - Jan Akkerman @ Oosterpoort, Groningen (originally 2021-12-28)
A Dutch guitar legend that was declared the greatest guitar player in the world by Melody Maker in the 70's. He's most famous for his work in Focus and Brainbox, but also did great solo stuff. Really cool to have seen an old master at work. 

May be an image of 8 people, people playing musical instruments and indoor

• Like 1

The year turned out a little different than expected, but still good enough, though the 6 Aerosmith cancellations did hurt:

22.05. Doro - Memmingen
27.05. Udo Lindenberg - Stuttgart
30.05. Rammstein - Zurich

05.06. Rolling Stones - Munich    
10.06. Diana Ross - Cardiff
11.06. The Jacksons/Nile Rodgers - Cambridge
12.06. Diana Ross - Cambridge
22.06. Alice Cooper/Michael Monroe - Frankfurt
25.06. Alice Cooper/Status Quo/Rival Sons - Tilloloy
28.06. Queen + Adam Lambert - Zurich
29.06. Alice Cooper/Michael Monroe - Milano
05.06. Scorpions/Alice Cooper - Athens

08.07. Guns N' Roses - Munich
09.07. Diana Ross - Montreux
10.07. Guns N' Roses - Milano
11.07. Queen + Adam Lambert - Bologna
15.07. Rolling Stones - Vienna

03.10. Billy Idol - Munich
23.10. Kim Wilde - Stuttgart
29.10. Doro - Lindau

14.11. Skid Row - Munich

03.12. Alice Cooper's Christmas Pudding feat. Gin Blossoms, Rob Zombie, Wayne Nelson, Wally Palmar, Sixwire, Jim Breuer  - Phoenix
08.12. Adam Sandler/Rob Schneider - Las Vegas
09.12. Barry Manilow - Las Vegas
23.12. Marc Storace - Rubigen

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1