11/18/22 - Perth, AU - Optus Stadium

alfierose

12 hours ago, reayj2003 said:

That's a very favourable review.

Good photo's as well. 

Kat's not with the band so I wonder who's photographer. 

In Asia it was Beta's cousin, I believe. So I assume he went with them on this leg too. Not sure why Kat didn't go. I'm quite sure a few months ago she said she'd be touring with gnr the rest of the year.

Is it just me or has the stage design shrunk once again?

Ofc It doesnt add much other value than visual, but could there be any reason behind them reducing the stage and visual elements' scale (including pyro) for another time since 2021?

I bet they dont have to be chopping off on costs...:D

Edited by K00b4

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

to each his own. but I feel like it's a beautiful cover that plays to the strength of Axl and the rest of the band. So good that they should release an official studio version imho. 

They really nail it and it shows that Axl still has a beautiful voice even if he can struggle when singing higher.  

I really don't care for it much as a song but the band plays it really well .

2 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

Oh. I wonder what the deal with Kat is. She’s been a big part of things for a long time. She’s a great photographer and seems a lovely person. 

I've heard various things about her. Some said she's nice, others said she's an arrogant bitch. I hate her love for black and white pics. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

36 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I've heard various things about her. Some said she's nice, others said she's an arrogant bitch. I hate her love for black and white pics. 

I met her in Boston when I was visiting to see GN’R and she was charming and engaging.

Those of the latter opinion jealous woman by any chance? 

On 11/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, Blackstar said:

Confirmed setlist:

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Slither
Link Wray's Rumble intro
05. Welcome To The Jungle
06. Better
07. Double Talkin' Jive
08. Live And Let Die
09. Reckless Life
10. Estranged
11. Shadow Of Your Love
12. Rocket Queen
13. You're Crazy (fast version)
14. You Could Be Mine
15. Attitude
16. Absurd
17. Hard Skool
18. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro)
19. Sorry
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
20. Sweet Child O' Mine
21. November Rain
22. Wichita Lineman
Alice Cooper's Only Women Bleed intro
23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
24. Nightrain
Encore:
25. Coma
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
26. Patience
27. Don't Cry
28. Paradise City

What a great show. I want to hear Wichita live badly. They didn't play it in Detroit 2021

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 1:18 AM, Gibson87 said:

I'm beating a dead horse here (pun intended) but it's still baffling to me that they chose to play 5 covers and only 4 UYI songs a week after the boxset comes out. 

Mate, who taught you math?

Edit: I apologize. I’ve since read your comment on the charts on setlistfm. I’m not deleting my original remark so I can own the fact I was a prick about it. Sorry!

Glad everyone at the show had a good time. Axl struggling on some songs has been included in every review for 21 years now.

Edited by W. Axl Kev
  • Thanks 1

We were in the diamond standing right out front. I have been waiting to see Guns live my whole life. Even if Axl didn't sound great I would not have cared. However, compared to what I saw from previous shows, his voice was actually really good on Friday night. Its obviously not the same as it used to be but you go in expecting that. The rest of the band was superb especially SLASH was as good as ever. The music sounded great out the front, the crowd enjoyed themselves and I hardly noticed that the vocals were off at the start. They still know how to put on a show. I know the review said the crowd was quiet but I didn't really get the same impression. It was definitely a great show.

On 11/19/2022 at 4:51 AM, Rovim said:

to each his own. but I feel like it's a beautiful cover that plays to the strength of Axl and the rest of the band. So good that they should release an official studio version imho. 

Don't give them any ideas. Next thing you know they'll drop WL as a single and call it new music.