11/29/22 - Adelaide, AU - Adelaide Oval

alfierose

1 hour ago, Gnrcane said:

Something doesn't make sense.  How could the mic hit the bridge of her nose AND cause two black eyes?  Even causing two cuts are a little suspicious.  It seems more likely to me that she got elbowed by people fighting to get the mic.

Exactly what I thought when I saw this article. It takes A LOT of force on the nose to produce one, let alone TWO black eyes. No way that was from the microphone alone. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Something doesn't make sense.  How could the mic hit the bridge of her nose AND cause two black eyes?  Even causing two cuts are a little suspicious.  It seems more likely to me that she got elbowed by people fighting to get the mic.

I thought this too. Yet so many people tearing into Axl over it on Facebook.. I've been saying to them it's well known that he throws the microphone into the crowd at the end of his shows! It wasn't done with malicious intent at all,and had she been paying attention she could have caught it. But she didn't... So instead she has a really cool story to tell for the rest of her life 🤘🏻 and they think tickets should come with a warning 🤣🤣 like maybe stick to your teeny bopper gigs 🤷🏻‍♀️

Question for you all in Adelaide - did any of you meet Axl at his hotel the night they flew in? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Because safety, right?

I think there was a guy in the crowd some years ago who got some of his teeth knocked out by the Axl mic throw. Next time it could be a kid or a grandma for example. Can kill someone. It looks cool and it must be neat to catch it but I don't think its worth the risk.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Exactly what I thought when I saw this article. It takes A LOT of force on the nose to produce one, let alone TWO black eyes. No way that was from the microphone alone. 

Pretty sure it was the microphone.  The woman was on the news this evening sporting a Gunners T-shirt and black eyes.  Still a big fan of Axl and didn't seem overly worried, but warning people to be alert during Paradise City and be on the look out for flying microphones.  I think she feels a bit robbed of the microphone!!.  Yeah a microphone could easily cause that sort of damage if it hits in the wrong place, I have had a black eye from less.  Maybe Axl needs to rethink his microphone hurling strategy particularly in this day and age.  Yes the Gunners still dangerous lol.  Haha I miss the years of the eighties when I was young and stadium concerts with these legendary groups really rocked!  

• Like 1

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'd pay good bucks to get my nose broken my Axl's mic (of course if i caught it too). What an idiot would whine about it and go to the press?

maybe that woman just took advantage of what happened so she can be on tv, on the news or was offered to be on tv. If that's what she wanted, she's not an idiot imo.

I think a lot of people are satisfied with just the ticket, without the broken nose. (casuals)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, koldbeer2 said:

Just listened to nightrain, actually a decent performance from Axl to be fair, his voice sounded a little more flexible than I've heard in recent times and wasan't wobbling all over the place on the higher notes.

Sounded average at the shows same with PC

Edited by Gibbo

I really liked the show but that's how I would rate it each song over all with axl and the band. for example I don't really like absurd but they played it well. Hardskool was just embarrassing bad like he does alot goes out of time after the scream people were looking around like what's going on. I was surprise how good Axl sounded on most of slither. wttj jungle was disappointing way better at 2017 show. I had a heaps of friend go who are casual fans and they all liked the show but said how Axls voice getting a bit fucked. As for the mix they need to get rid of Caram needs to be louder and slash the support bands were heaps loader, Acdc is twice as load. No one cared for Sorry or Wichita Lineman. Axl was really happy for sure and does try but he's just about had his day I think. Ill go again if they come back just coz I love the music so much.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy good
02. Mr. Brownstone good
03. Chinese Democracy good
04. Slither not bad
Link Wray's Rumble intro
05. Welcome To The Jungle average
06. Better average
07. Reckless Life ok
08. Double Talkin' Jive ok but was out of time
09. Live And Let Die ok
10. Estranged ok
11. Shadow Of Your Love good
12. Rocket Queen average couldnt wait for it to finish
13. You Could Be Mine average
14. I Wanna Be Your Dog
15. Absurd good
16. Hard Skool terrible
17. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro) average
18. Sorry good
19. Whole Lotta Rosie ok
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
20. Sweet Child O' Mine ok/average
21. November Rain average
22. Wichita Lineman ok
23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door ok couldnt wait for it to finish
24. Nightrain ok
Encore:
25. Coma ok/average
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
26. Patience ok
27. Don't Cry good
28. Paradise City ok

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I think there was a guy in the crowd some years ago who got some of his teeth knocked out by the Axl mic throw. Next time it could be a kid or a grandma for example. Can kill someone. It looks cool and it must be neat to catch it but I don't think its worth the risk.

57 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

"Yahooo woah Axl, metal, rock'n'roll, do cocaine right on dude! For me; it's not - shut the hell up - it's not...about that, anymore...it's about hurling the mic into people's faces." - W. Axl Rose

You think it's politically correct to not want some poor girl's face caved in with a microphone? What the actual fuck haha.

It's been ok for 30 years, but now it's not any longer because of... reasons. 

You know, you could also get struck by lightning, run over by a car, get a heart attack any time, get tinnitus from loud music, get stabbed or mugged... all because of the show. But sure, let's get rid of yet another original, true little piece of rock n' roll for the sake of safety and order! 

Kids can be protected by their parents etc. Or if you're too old to catch or dodge a mic, well then, watch the show on YT instead? Remember the rowdy crowds in the 80s/90s? What would these people say? 

Again, this is the risk, and always has been. Either deal with it or stay home. 

I sound angrier than I am. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1