11/29/22 - Adelaide, AU - Adelaide Oval

alfierose

46 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You're misreading my posts :shrugs:

I don't think most people buying GNR tickets know he's gonna throw the mic, but he always does it and there's rarely an incident like this. The woman shouldn't have expected to get hit but Axl shouldn't stop throwing it either. I never said it wasn't Axl's fault that she got hit, of course if he hits someone with the mic it's his fault. If he wants some good press he should send the woman an apology, a mic and and autograph. But to stop throwing the mics because of the news articles is a bitch move.

I was commenting on the whole "she should have seen it or watched the crowd move, how do you not know Axl is throwing the mic?" comments you made which do seem to me to be trying to put blame on her, I also don't really take into account how long he's been doing it as it was obviously gonna hit someone at some point, but yeah I agree he doesn't need to stop doing it if he doesn't want to. He's probably worried about more bad press if he hits someone again, though. 

Edited by Jw224

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Obviously the woman shouldn't have been expecting to get smashed in the face, but how do you not know Axl threw the mic unless you're not watching the show? Even if you don't see him throw it, the crowd moves in anticipation. I get that it can be hard to see the mic coming but he's thrown it at almost every show for decades and there's only been a few incidents like this, accidents happen but it's stupid to stop doing it because this incident got news coverage. Like others have said, toss it to people in the first few rows and the problem is solved.

She said she saw him throw it but didn't see it coming because she was blindsided with all the lights and stuff.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think Axl's issue (and probably the band's and promoters' issue as well) with the news coverage was that the sensational way this was reported created the impression that the band's shows wouldn't be safe for people to attend.

To be honest I didn't get that impression at all and I live in Oz.  Sure it was on the news as the press can be overly dramatic when they are plumbing the depths for stories, but the people I know who are mainly not into the Gunners didn't even notice.  It was lost to most people among all the other shit on the news. and very quickly forgotten.   I missed out this time round not getting tickets but it wouldn't put me off and I doubt it would put anyone else off going.  One assumes that the people in the microphone toss area are relatively hard core fans.  Ya would just be on alert when PC comes on., which is what the woman said in her interview.  Maybe Axl needs to put it in a padded bag lol before he throws it.    Back in the eighties when I was young it would probably have been considered a badge of honour but hey those days are long gone.  Just glad I was part of them.  However, I do have sympathy for the woman who got clocked in the face, among all the action, the lighting etc it would be quite hard to see an incoming microphone, and it would hurt if it got you between the eyes, or in the teeth.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2022 at 9:32 AM, Gibbo said:

I was in the pit great show. But wow slash was so sloppy was very surprised. You will find my videos online. Filmed the whole show in 4k 60fps with my phone mounted on my hat :lol:

Check out the security guard at 2:16 mark :D

316987853-3423162988009016-1616397404153

Hey Gibbo, did you happen to get vid PC Adelaide? I caught the whistle to end all whistles and can’t seem to find anything online.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

43 minutes ago, wildhorses said:

Hey Gibbo, did you happen to get vid PC Adelaide? I caught the whistle to end all whistles and can’t seem to find anything online.

Yeah good catch. Have another look 

Edited by Gibbo
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 11:32 PM, Gibbo said:

I was in the pit great show. But wow slash was so sloppy was very surprised. You will find my videos online. Filmed the whole show in 4k 60fps with my phone mounted on my hat :lol:

Check out the security guard at 2:16 mark :D

316987853-3423162988009016-1616397404153

Hi, nice to see you

• Like 1

I’d be honoured to take his mic to the face. 

Aus really pushing Ax-man’s buttons… first drone-gate, now this!!

I love the dig at the press in his Twitter statement.. you can tell behind the post 2016 ‘mellow Axl’ veneer, the 80s/90s/00s goblin-mode is still bubbling somewhere beneath the surface. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

I mean the trail of thought that someone should expect to take a microphone to the face is ludicrous 🤣

However the implication that the microphone did that injury seems even more ridiculous…

Maybe they should hand out hockey masks for everybody to put on during the final "take me hooooooome!"

3 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Or maybe he simply feels bad about injuring someone and doesn't want it to happen again (assuming he's not a total psychopath).

He likely did feel bad, and as dumb as it sounds it wasn’t his fault. He’s been tossing the mic for 30 years without incident (as much as I remember). It was just Wrong place wrong time for the lady who got hit. 

• Confused 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:12 PM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

So because 1 whiny bitch got hurt, all other fans have to suffer of potentially catching axl's mic

I hope at least it fucking hurt and her nose is damaged for good

I hope for the rest of the world's sake that this was mostly an embellishment meant to make everyone laugh...

• Like 1

Absolutely laughable how people are blaming the media. There's no agenda, it's of interest to cover a fan getting hit by a microphone by one of the biggest touring acts in the world. 

If it was any other act, the same thing would happen. In fact, could be argued that at least GN'R are still relevant for the media to care. 

Axl's tweet clearly been looked over by lawyers to avoid admitting responsibility. Shame he's stopping it though, was always a nice finale. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Absolutely laughable how people are blaming the media. There's no agenda, it's of interest to cover a fan getting hit by a microphone by one of the biggest touring acts in the world. 

If it was any other act, the same thing would happen. In fact, could be argued that at least GN'R are still relevant for the media to care. 

Axl's tweet clearly been looked over by lawyers to avoid admitting responsibility. Shame he's stopping it though, was always a nice finale. 

Hopefully a reporter will uncover the incident being faked and Axl will start doing it again.  As I said earlier in the thread there is no way that a single microphone could have caused all of the injuries to that woman's face.  It would have had to have been the magic microphone replacing the JFK magic bullet in the minds of conspiracy theorists.  

14 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

He likely did feel bad, and as dumb as it sounds it wasn’t his fault. He’s been tossing the mic for 30 years without incident (as much as I remember). It was just Wrong place wrong time for the lady who got hit. 

It's actually quite amazing that reportedly only two people have ever been injured from Axl throwing the mic. It's such an obviously bad idea to throw it and perfectly foreseeable that people could get hurt, so you'd almost expect there to be more cases. Then again, some people routinely drive under the influence and nothing ever happens. Risks don't always materialize, but that doesn't necessarily exempt you from responsibility when they do. Imagine a drunk driver defending himself in court, "It's not my fault I hit somebody! I've been drinking and driving for 30 years!"

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Hopefully a reporter will uncover the incident being faked and Axl will start doing it again.  As I said earlier in the thread there is no way that a single microphone could have caused all of the injuries to that woman's face.  It would have had to have been the magic microphone replacing the JFK magic bullet in the minds of conspiracy theorists.  

I was a little bit sceptical at first, but since then I've seen a number of people confirm that an injury to the bridge of the nose can indeed produce two black eyes. Besides, if this didn't really happen, you'd think by now somebody who was there would have emerged to discredit her story. After all, there were quite a lot of people there, so it wouldn't be easy to go on lying about something like this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It's actually quite amazing that reportedly only two people have ever been injured from Axl throwing the mic. It's such an obviously bad idea to throw it and perfectly foreseeable that people could get hurt, so you'd almost expect there to be more cases. Then again, some people routinely drive under the influence and nothing ever happens. Risks don't always materialize, but that doesn't necessarily exempt you from responsibility when they do. Imagine a drunk driver defending himself in court, "It's not my fault I hit somebody! I've been drinking and driving for 30 years!"

I was a little bit sceptical at first, but since then I've seen a number of people confirm that an injury to the bridge of the nose can indeed produce two black eyes. Besides, if this didn't really happen, you'd think by now somebody who was there would have emerged to discredit her story. After all, there were quite a lot of people there, so it wouldn't be easy to go on lying about something like this.

I'm sure it happened that it hit her. I just think the injuries were more likely caused by other people fighting for it.

They can put a foam sleeve on the "throwing mic" and the tradition can continue with low risk.