11/29/22 - Adelaide, AU - Adelaide Oval

alfierose

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Rebecca Howe was enjoying Axl Rose's performance of the hit when the frontman launched the microphone into the crowd at the end of the song.

"I was just putting out a warning for people, if Axl sings Paradise City get ready to duck for cover," she said.

Ms Howe suffered bruises on her face.

The woman said she wanted to share her warning, saying "my intentions were not to gain anything".

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-02/sa-woman-injured-during-guns-n-roses-adelaide-concert/101727348

It's understandable that this was a news story in the local outlets, but it's mind-boggling that it was picked up and made such a big deal of by media around the world.

it reminds me of the time  Bon Jovi got annoyed that Axl got more media attention than him by doing nothing

this is the closest the media have got to a "crazy Axl" story in ages, even though it's not really a crazy Axl story. Even after all these years, maybe the media is still "in love/hate" with Axl :O

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's not newsworthy. I'm surprised by the lack of sympathy most posters seem to have though tbh.

I can't recall any of you fuckers ever even talking about the mic toss one time. Now suddenly it's a sacred tradition lol.

Some poor lady got hit in the face. No sympathy for that, seriously?

yeah, i think losing the mic-toss tradition, and getting hit in the face majorly sucks. especially for that perth man that got his teeth knocked out. i'm glad he got compensation, but losing adult teeth is forever :/

getting a nose bleed, especially in the upper areas, majorly sucks too. it keeps on bleeding and bleeding, and it's a matter of hoping whenever it clots up by itself, because you can't pinch the upper areas closed. if you pinch your nose (at the lower parts where you can) while the upper area is bleeding, eventually your nose gets backed up with blood, and blood starts going down the throat. and then you get those blood-jellies in the throat, from the blood building up in there. you have to cough those blood jellies out and it's rather hard to breathe :/  but you have to do that to have a higher chance of it clotting up earlier

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gibbo said:

I really liked the show but that's how I would rate it each song over all with axl and the band. for example I don't really like absurd but they played it well. Hardskool was just embarrassing bad like he does alot goes out of time after the scream people were looking around like what's going on. I was surprise how good Axl sounded on most of slither. wttj jungle was disappointing way better at 2017 show. I had a heaps of friend go who are casual fans and they all liked the show but said how Axls voice getting a bit fucked. As for the mix they need to get rid of Caram needs to be louder and slash the support bands were heaps loader, Acdc is twice as load. No one cared for Sorry or Wichita Lineman. Axl was really happy for sure and does try but he's just about had his day I think. Ill go again if they come back just coz I love the music so much.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy good
02. Mr. Brownstone good
03. Chinese Democracy good
04. Slither not bad
Link Wray's Rumble intro
05. Welcome To The Jungle average
06. Better average
07. Reckless Life ok
08. Double Talkin' Jive ok but was out of time
09. Live And Let Die ok
10. Estranged ok
11. Shadow Of Your Love good
12. Rocket Queen average couldnt wait for it to finish
13. You Could Be Mine average
14. I Wanna Be Your Dog
15. Absurd good
16. Hard Skool terrible
17. Civil War (with Machine Gun outro) average
18. Sorry good
19. Whole Lotta Rosie ok
Slash Guitar Solo (Albert King's Born Under A Bad Sign jam)
20. Sweet Child O' Mine ok/average
21. November Rain average
22. Wichita Lineman ok
23. Knockin' On Heaven's Door ok couldnt wait for it to finish
24. Nightrain ok
Encore:
25. Coma ok/average
The Beatles' Blackbird intro
26. Patience ok
27. Don't Cry good
28. Paradise City ok

I agree about Caram. A better sound engineer would make a huge difference.

• Like 1

People on here really acting like someone should expect to get smashed on the face with a mic when they pay through the teeth to to go to a concert lmao. If Axl is gonna throw it into a crowd of people and then go "well I sometimes break people's noses or smash their teeth and that's just the way it is but I'll stop now because the bad press made me look bad" then that's ludicrous lol.

Also acting like everyone always talks about him throwing the mic and like it's a main part of the show is so weird. 

Edited by Jw224

Next shitty media news, Axl is very dangerous, he threw a whistle and a guy who had his mouth open swallowed it and blah blah blah, my God, how sad to see a news story about a fucking microphone and not songs or of the band's performance. Times have changed. I don't watch TV but Internet news comes faster and that fucks it up, Axl took a while to say something, it would be better not to say anything. And send an apology letter or whatever.

If you decide to go to a concert and stand close to the stage on the pit, especially at a rock concert, then you have to take into account that various situations can take place, pianful too. It's not a philharmonic for the god sake. How many times ppl  got in their ribs by someone's elbow.:angry:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jw224 said:

People on here really acting like someone should expect to get smashed on the face with a mic when they pay through the teeth to to go to a concert lmao. If Axl is gonna throw it into a crowd of people and then go "well I sometimes break people's noses or smash their teeth and that's just the way it is but I'll stop now because the bad press made me look bad" then that's ludicrous lol.

Also acting like everyone always talks about him throwing the mic and like it's a main part of the show is so weird. 

Why pay through the teeth to be near the front and then not pay attention during the grand finale of the show? It's not the first time he's hit somebody, but he's thrown it hundreds of other times without incident. It's obviously not a main part of the show but it's not unexpected, either. It's stupid to stop throwing the mic because this incident got news coverage IMO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Why pay through the teeth to be near the front and then not pay attention during the grand finale of the show? It's not the first time he's hit somebody, but he's thrown it hundreds of other times without incident. It's obviously not a main part of the show but it's not unexpected, either. It's stupid to stop throwing the mic because this incident got news coverage IMO.

Describing not expecting a mic to smash you in the face during a concert as "not paying attention" is so so stupid. It's a concert not a building site.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Describing not expecting a mic to smash you in the face during a concert as "not paying attention" is so so stupid. It's a concert not a building site.

Obviously the woman shouldn't have been expecting to get smashed in the face, but how do you not know Axl threw the mic unless you're not watching the show? Even if you don't see him throw it, the crowd moves in anticipation. I get that it can be hard to see the mic coming but he's thrown it at almost every show for decades and there's only been a few incidents like this, accidents happen but it's stupid to stop doing it because this incident got news coverage. Like others have said, toss it to people in the first few rows and the problem is solved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Obviously the woman shouldn't have been expecting to get smashed in the face, but how do you not know Axl threw the mic unless you're not watching the show? Even if you don't see him throw it, the crowd moves in anticipation. I get that it can be hard to see the mic coming but he's thrown it at almost every show for decades and there's only been a few incidents like this, accidents happen but it's stupid to stop doing it because this incident got news coverage. Like others have said, toss it to people in the first few rows and the problem is solved.

If you really think that all of the people who go to these shows know to (or should even have to) watch out for a microphone coming towards them then I don't know what to tell you. Axl is stopping and released a statement trying to get everyone to feel sorry for him, it was an accident, but it's his choice to do it and if it flies and smashes someone in the face then it's his fault, and not the press for reporting about it, as he so tried to imply.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

If you really think that all of the people who go to these shows know to (or should even have to) watch out for a microphone coming towards them then I don't know what to tell you. Axl is stopping and released a statement trying to get everyone to feel sorry for him, it was an accident, but it's his choice to do it and if it flies and smashes someone in the face then it's his fault, and not the press for reporting about it, as he so tried to imply.

Even if she was stupid enough not to know that Axl will throw his microphone (she was in the golden circle, so probably not just a casual), why the need to take it to the press?

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If that's really what you got from my post then I don't know what to tell you.

Quoting the opening of my post and not responding to the rest is really smart and cool. Axl is stopping it because he wants to. It's his fault it got news coverage as he decided to throw the mic into the crowd lol. Doesn't matter how long he's been doing it.

Edited by Jw224

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Even if she was stupid enough not to know that Axl will throw his microphone (she was in the golden circle, so probably not just a casual), why the need to take it to the press?

I realise the common opinion around here is that not expecting to get smashed in the face at a concert equals stupid and it can't have just been an accident that was totally Axl's fault but I'm not gonna go with that narrative lol.

Because she wanted to I guess? The press coverage doesn't change the reality of the situation that happened at all. It's his fault and he hurt someone either way.

If we're angry on a millionaire rockstar's behalf then I don't really understand.

Edited by Jw224
  • Like 1

Just now, Jw224 said:

Quoting the opening of my post and not responding to the rest is really smart and cool.

You're misreading my posts :shrugs:

I don't think most people buying GNR tickets know he's gonna throw the mic, but he always does it and there's rarely an incident like this. The woman shouldn't have expected to get hit but Axl shouldn't stop throwing it either. I never said it wasn't Axl's fault that she got hit, of course if he hits someone with the mic it's his fault. If he wants some good press he should send the woman an apology, a mic and and autograph. But to stop throwing the mics because of the news articles is a bitch move.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1