Jump to content

GNR Survivor: Drummers- Round 1


1. who is the worst drummer of the band to date  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

New Survivor

Round 1 ???

Round 2 ???

Round 3 ???

Round 4 ???

Round 5 ???

Round 6 ???

Round 7 ???

Round 8 ???

 

HOW IT WORKS: Each round, you vote for your LEAST FAVORITE of the options. The option with the most votes gets eliminated in the next round, and so on, until only one Tour remains

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How the hell does Frank have more votes than Don Henley, Fred Coury and Rob Gardner? I'm not a Frank fan but that's some bullshit. I voted for Don Henley.

i think those two don t even count comone....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How the hell does Frank have more votes than Don Henley, Fred Coury and Rob Gardner? I'm not a Frank fan but that's some bullshit. I voted for Don Henley.

Don Henley's only Patience attempt was better than any Patience Frank ever did. Frank has a negative effect on the GNR sound which I've never noticed when the other guys sitting on the drums.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t get the big dislike for Ferrer. I’ve got a feeling most of it is based on trivial things like thinking he hasn’t got the right look for GnR or something. Apart from the odd extra fill he does in some songs I don’t think the average fan could tell the difference between him and other drummers, on a straight drum track. If he was that bad the others wouldn’t work with him. He’s not my favourite obviously but I don’t mind him in the role. Evidently he’s regarded as more reliable than Adler and not confrontational like Sorum so as far as Axl’s concerned he gets the job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ssiscool said:

Or coury. 

 

I actually like the inclusion of Fred Coury since he filled in for multiple shows. But he should've been the first one to get eliminated.

 

10 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Don Henley's only Patience attempt was better than any Patience Frank ever did. Frank has a negative effect on the GNR sound which I've never noticed when the other guys sitting on the drums.

 

Henley played through the whole song instead of just the 2nd half which makes it sound weird. Frank sounds fine playing Patience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rob Gardner and Steven Adler have a very similar style.

Rob actually wrote the drums for Think About You and Anything Goes. 

Any Steven Fan who voted Rob out has no knowledge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Henley played through the whole song instead of just the 2nd half which makes it sound weird. Frank sounds fine playing Patience.

In my opinion it's the best Patience version ever :shrugs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Asdiz said:

Frank worst and Steven best. This isn’t debatable.

Frank being worst is debatable. I really dig his style. 

plus, Frank is the longest serving drummer

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

I don’t get the big dislike for Ferrer. I’ve got a feeling most of it is based on trivial things like thinking he hasn’t got the right look for GnR or something. Apart from the odd extra fill he does in some songs I don’t think the average fan could tell the difference between him and other drummers, on a straight drum track. If he was that bad the others wouldn’t work with him. He’s not my favourite obviously but I don’t mind him in the role. Evidently he’s regarded as more reliable than Adler and not confrontational like Sorum so as far as Axl’s concerned he gets the job.

Agreed. I never have, and never will understand the level of hate Frank gets. I happen to like him.

Plus, you don't remain in a major band for 16 years (six short of all of the other official drummers combined) if you're that bad. You just don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...