Should Axl change his vocal approach on certain songs?

Should Axl change his vocal approach on certain songs?  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Fanboy said:

Axl should do like every pop singer, use lip sync (common thing to pay to see a "singer" doing lip sync), hire 5-6 dancers, have a crazy choregraphy, and few backsingers who would lip sync too.

Reminds me of the backing singers they had during the UYI Tour. There were times where they'd take away from songs but also times they added to them like KOHD. They also probably helped Axl a bit vocally so its not unprecedented to feature backup singers again.

Mickey belongs in Disneyland, not on stage with Guns N Roses. So yes, I think he should use his lower voice / baritone and stop straining himself so much.

Lower voice sounds better anyways.

Edited by Lethalis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, axlvai said:

So the fanbase was right about this.... Use Your Baritone.

No more Mickey.

Since he's never previously done this it seems he thinks that Mickey sounds better than singing like this which sounded really good to me with Melissa filling in the highs.

23 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Since he's never previously done this it seems he thinks that Mickey sounds better than singing like this which sounded really good to me with Melissa filling in the highs.

Yeah, he obviously went Baritone as a fall back plan and even apologized beforehand so he seems to think Mickey is what people want or what sounds best.

It is also surprising to me how he is able to hit most notes in those songs with his baritone voice. Baritone Axl is the way forward. If he gets some of the high range back and throws in a couple of screams here and there things will be just fine. Rock on.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

The more I listen to this the more awesome it sounds. You're crazy was really great.

Yes, it finally sounds enjoyable... even on YouTube on a crappy recording. Who would have thought.

I'll say it again... Keep the baritone! No more Mickey.

15 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I don't really know anything about signing but is it harder for him to sing in his lower voice than the higher? Because it sounds much better to me.  

It should be easier. It's the high vocals that are nasty to sing. But what these recordings show us, which is hopeful, is that his baritone voice sounds great and unique as well. He doesn't need the high range Mickey stuff. He would be fine just singing the whole concert in his lower voice. The lower voice might even get more powerful when he finally stops straining his vocal chords so much with the high pitched stuff.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:29 PM, Modano09 said:

I don't really know anything about signing but is it harder for him to sing in his lower voice than the higher? Because it sounds much better to me.  

Singing lower should be way easier for him since he’s a baritone and his natural speaking voice is very low

• Like 1