What if (ex ChiDem era members…)

What if by someone weird twist if fate, a new band was formed by some combo of the following guys, they found a really good singer, and put out a record of all original tunes…would you be interested?

To me, sometimes I think about it, and I’m like, a lot of these guys spent years working together in different groupings…why wouldn’t they try to get something together? I’d imagine there’s definitely a segment of the GNR hardcore fan base who would find that interesting…

Lead Guitar: Bucket or Bumble

Guitar: Finck or Ashba

bass: Tommy Stinson

keys: Chris Pitman

Drums: Freese or Brain 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ABSUЯD 1

2 minutes ago, ssiscool said:

In essence that's what Velvet Revolver was and they didn't have the success they did previously. I don't see why it would be any different here. But would depend on vocals

Yeah and Revolver had bigger names, so I see why you mean…I just think they could at least depend on some interest from this community. I’m surprised it hasn’t come up among any of them.

9 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Me too. Just leave Ashba out of this.

Frankly, anything Robin creates is interesting to me. Adding Bucket, Tommy and Josh Freese would actually be perfect (I love the instrumental demos). 

My only concern about Robin and bucket is, didn’t they kind of not get along? Tommy and bucket too…so I think Thal would be the move. 

15 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

My only concern about Robin and bucket is, didn’t they kind of not get along? Tommy and bucket too…so I think Thal would be the move. 

To be fair, Bumble had a hard time with other band members aswell. He mentioned about having to get violent with some of them for him to be accepted or something.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

Even with some alleged issues, they managed to get some of the best guitar work I ever heard. 

Without Axl's input, they actually appeared together in the Ghost of Mars soundtrack. It may have happened by Axl's request, but that was before Robin came back from NIN in 2000 as far as I remember.

1 minute ago, Dean said:

To be fair, Bumble had a hard time with other band members aswell. He mentioned about having to get violent with some of them for him to be accepted or something.

I think the problem with Ron is that the band had rehearsed without him and had their own mindset for a two guitars lineup. Even facing a lot of shit about how he looked and/or how he sounded, Ron still managed to get a lot of empathy from the fans, and I bet that also hit the nerves with some guys. But Robin wasn't really affected, I guess, and Ron even got to watch him perform with NIN after he left. On the other hand, Richard was the one who would inherit Bucket's parts, as he ultimately did with some songs when Slash rejoined. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowOfTheWave said:

On a side note, if we get CD II I'm hoping a talented fan like Evader can take Axl's vocals from tracks like Oklahoma and Soul Monster and put them on top of the Oklahoma and Elvis instrumentals. It might be the closest we ever get to hearing them how they were intended to be heard.

That's actually a very cool idea. I'm sure people would do that anyways, but now I'm looking forward to have it :) 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Dean said:

Speaking of a GNR Member being violent, I read that Axl was being stubborn and  didn't want to get out of his  dressing room one day and Matt threatened to knock Axl out if he didn't get out of that dressing room. Axl ran out of that dressing room, so that Matt wouldn't knock him out! I don't know whether I should laugh 🤣 or be shocked! 😱

Edited by Karice

On 10/13/2022 at 10:43 AM, Voodoochild said:

Even with some alleged issues, they managed to get some of the best guitar work I ever heard. 

Without Axl's input, they actually appeared together in the Ghost of Mars soundtrack. It may have happened by Axl's request, but that was before Robin came back from NIN in 2000 as far as I remember.

I think the problem with Ron is that the band had rehearsed without him and had their own mindset for a two guitars lineup. Even facing a lot of shit about how he looked and/or how he sounded, Ron still managed to get a lot of empathy from the fans, and I bet that also hit the nerves with some guys. But Robin wasn't really affected, I guess, and Ron even got to watch him perform with NIN after he left. On the other hand, Richard was the one who would inherit Bucket's parts, as he ultimately did with some songs when Slash rejoined. 

From what I gathered, Stinson loved pushing Bumble's buttons.  New guy hazing that lasted years.😄

• Like 1

I'm gonna cheat a bit by using older members but.

Drums freeze

Bass Tommy

Guitar Traci 

Lead Bucket

Keys and Harmonica Teddy Zigzag

Vocals Phil Lewis

No idea what they would be called though LADamocracy or something

Edited by Shacklermyrye