2023 WORLD TOUR

1 hour ago, WillBailey said:

Golden Circle was already there in 2017. Basically they divide the pit in 2 parts : one is closer to the stage and more expensive (GC) and the other is behind (GA). In GA you wont be able to get in the GC area (barriers) so you'll always be behind and far away from the stage if you're in GA.

GC seems like theres pit room in front of it from looking at the map.. i know it was there in 2017 but there was no GC in montreal last time

i dont usually run for the rail anyways man i like to hang back so i can drink and piss at will lol usually go solo too so its easy to squeeze through if i want to

These tickets aren’t selling, which angers me. Cause I’m an idiot and will buy pit for Wrigley Field at current price only to see prices reduced dramatically. Why couldn’t they just keep it at $250? That was already an outrageous ask. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GnR Chris said:

These tickets aren’t selling, which angers me. Cause I’m an idiot and will buy pit for Wrigley Field at current price only to see prices reduced dramatically. Why couldn’t they just keep it at $250? That was already an outrageous ask. 

Wrigley pit went to under $100, I don't see why it would sell out this time around, if anything even less people will turn up.

11 hours ago, WillBailey said:

I know :) but when I do, I get an error message :

"Pardon the Interruption

As you were browsing something about your browser made us think you were a bot. "

Same on wifi and cellular (tried Chrome, Safari). Weird.

Yeah. That is some bug, had that too last week when tickets went on sale. It did work on the phone though. Eventually it also worked on the computer. There was a button I needed to click, which previously didn't show.

Out of sheer curiosity I took a look at every GNR show that’s currently up on Ticketmaster for availability and I gotta say… some of those American Stadium dates.. wow, LN will probably take a bath on this tour….  

Sooooooooo many tickets that are available. I’ve worked in live music for decades and my guess is that the band has a tour deal (vs a per show deal) - they get paid NO MATTER WHAT and it’s on the Promoter (ie Live Nation) to market and sell the actual tickets.

Anyway I expect prices to DRASTICALLY drop later this spring and DEFINITELY closer to early summer and there will be a fire sale for 90% of the shows 36hrs in advance just to get people in for ancillary spending. Just with a glance, this onsale averaged like 15-20% sold in most markets. And they are releasing rows in a checkerboard pattern already (in order to make it seem full-ish and well sold).

That Hard Rock show in Fl is the only decently sold one.. SPAC looks ok (this will be the one I attend if I choose to go!). Those are MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller venues.. even the rescheduled summer tour in 2021.. all of those could have easily been arena gigs!

Doesn’t look like many people are parting with cash for vip in most markets either, TONS of packages still available. Europe looks ok from the few shows that are up on TM but again, SO SO SO many tickets available!

Band gets paid no matter what… but I’m sure Live Nation is not happy with this onsale! I’m so sad for gnrs state! There was soooooo much buzz and hope when rumors started in 2015! But I hope that everyone who goes has a blast!

Edited by IzzysMissy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Out of sheer curiosity I took a look at every GNR show that’s currently up on Ticketmaster for availability and I gotta say… some of those American Stadium dates.. wow, LN will probably take a bath on this tour….  

Sooooooooo many tickets that are available. I’ve worked in live music for decades and my guess is that the band has a tour deal (vs a per show deal) - they get paid NO MATTER WHAT and it’s on the Promoter (ie Live Nation) to market and sell the actual tickets.

Anyway I expect prices to DRASTICALLY drop later this spring and DEFINITELY closer to early summer and there will be a fire sale for 90% of the shows 36hrs in advance just to get people in for ancillary spending. Just with a glance, this onsale averaged like 15-20% sold in most markets. And they are releasing rows in a checkerboard pattern already (in order to make it seem full-ish and well sold).

That Hard Rock show in Fl is the only decently sold one.. SPAC looks ok (this will be the one I attend if I choose to go!). Those are MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller venues.. even the rescheduled summer tour in 2021.. all of those could have easily been arena gigs!

Doesn’t look like many people are parting with cash for vip in most markets either, TONS of packages still available. Europe looks ok from the few shows that are up on TM but again, SO SO SO many tickets available!

Band gets paid no matter what… but I’m sure Live Nation is not happy with this onsale! I’m so sad for gnrs state! There was soooooo much buzz and hope when rumors started in 2015! But I hope that everyone who goes has a blast!

Announcing it after Christmas and even Valentine’s Day didn't help either. People already spent their extra money, plus it could have been a cool gift for some.

wonder whose decision to announce it this close.

My only concern is that some pits are  "sold out" or have appearance of being sold (like Fenway). And I only wanna be in pit at Wrigley. That said, I know they always release more once the reserved platinums or VIPs don't sell, and those can and probably will be discounted. Like I keep saying, it's the diehard fans that don't wanna chance missing the show that ALWAYS get burned on this. I guess I, I guess I'll never fuckin' learn.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jman2000 said:

Any chance someone with nightrain could help me out with Chicago presale? Last time I joined just for the presale and it was a steaming pile of shit and ended up getting tix public on sale - so don’t want to give them my money for nothing again. 

If you go to the Cubs GNR site, you can use presale code "FANUP2" under "Nightrain Standard Membership" and you can see what tickets are available. If you see some to your liking that you think is worth the $50 Nightrain "tax," you can purchase Nightrain on the spot with the tickets.

Edit: My bad. That doesn't start today.

My Nightrain presale code doesn't even work right now. It says it's already been used. lol

Edited by GnR Chris

Just now, avahland said:

Less is more

In all seriousness, I know the majority of their fan base at this point just wants to hear the classics live and doesn't care about new music. But dropping and actually promoting a couple new songs will keep them in the news beyond the media circle that announced this upcoming tour. Normally I don't even care about support acts when I go see GNR, but at such a steep cost, I am hoping for someone I really like who I have yet to see live, like Chris Stapleton.

18 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

If you go to the Cubs GNR site, you can use presale code "FANUP2" under "Nightrain Standard Membership" and you can see what tickets are available. If you see some to your liking that you think is worth the $50 Nightrain "tax," you can purchase Nightrain on the spot with the tickets.

Edit: My bad. That doesn't start today.

My Nightrain presale code doesn't even work right now. It says it's already been used. lol

I hate buying cash grab tickets and pre sales that suck

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jman2000 said:

I hate buying cash grab tickets and pre sales that suck

With Ticketmaster, you can't "win" unless you literally hold out till day of or a few days before and hope to grab tickets when they plummet in price. The reserved platinums or whatever else they throw back into the general pool. At this point it's all Ticketmaster bots dictating supply and demand to give the appearance of availability or lack there of. It's been years since I made a concert purchase via Ticketmaster/Live Nation and didn't feel awful about it.

6 hours ago, batman007 said:

I think tickets should have been lower. And closer to the date , will go much lower. I'm looking at the Texas dates , and it's not selling well.  I believe Guns should have done non stadiums here in the US. 

The funny thing is, if ticketprices would be lower, stadiums wouldn't feel like a reach. I mean, at the end of the day, I'm sure it will work out, but if tickets were cheaper from the get go, hurdles for people to go would be much lower.

1 minute ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

have they announced any openers for any of the shows at all? and is this the first tour they havnt announced whos opening before selling tickets? 

I don’t believe they announced prior to the 2020 tour that didn’t happen. And they didn’t announce any before 2017 Us arena tour (there weren’t any).

I’m sure someone else can provide a more exhaustive answer.