2023 WORLD TOUR

18 hours ago, Rayvela said:

Here in Houston they are playing Minute Maid park. With tix prices so high they may not fill it. Been to see them 4 times 3 in the pit and once in a suite in Vegas. The tix prices blow those out of the water 

That was too big of a venue for them this time around . If they had booked the Toyota Center is still wouldn't fill. Tickets will drop closer to the date . 

57 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

every venue (except  the small ones) is selling poorly

With Ticketmaster's tricks and 'illusion of demand' it's fairly impossible to know what is selling and what isn't....but if you can actually see loads of seats for sale, then you can safely say it's selling poorly.

I wouldn't bank on the Europe shows selling very well either, personally. 

If stuff is showing as 'unavailable' it very often means Ticketmaster are just trying to push crap seats and charge their 'platinum' prices. Throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks. 

I'm as surprised as anyone by the size of these venues, especially when they were virtually giving tickets away in America at the exact same venues a couple of years ago......but Ticketmaster/Live Nation are a greedy bunch of cynical bastards who don't like to lose money, so you'd think they knew what they were doing when facilitating GNR playing these venues and have reason to believe everyone will make money. 

Perhaps the ticket prices are so high that venues only need to be half full to turn a profit? 

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Perhaps the ticket prices are so high that venues only need to be half full to turn a profit? 

I'm sure that is a point. People always go, "Oh, there's so many seats left, they must have lost money.", which really isn't the case. Especially if all the tickets are so overpriced. They don't make as much money, as they wish they would, but still enough to make it worthwhile. And I guess it also depends on how much it actually costs to rent a stadium. If they have good deals, it probably isn't really all that much more expensive than an arena or a smaller stadium. Either way, they know so much more than we do.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That is such a good point... Again I take Paris as an example but only 150-180 euros tickets are left (way back or in the curves) and even if they sold only half or 60% of the venue it might be enough with some 300-400-500 euros cash grabs here and there.

But anyways, it sells slowly here. Why? Because i check a bunch of spots/seats in the Arena almost everyday and they're not gone almost one week in...

• Like 1

Not making any excuses for the sales but I don’t think tickets will ever “sell” the way they did in the past. It’s a different world now than it was even 10 years ago. Back in the day you went to the local record store when it was open and bought your ticket. You hadn’t the luxury of picking a specific ticket or checking availability to see if they would sell out or not. Now you can watch the sales and buy a ticket at 9pm an hour before the gig starts. If I was in my teens, GnR is a ticket I’d buy the day before, why waste the cash in the meantime when I could be seeing 10 bands for $150 between now and then and I have the convenience of buying it from home. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Not making any excuses for the sales but I don’t think tickets will ever “sell” the way they did in the past. It’s a different world now than it was even 10 years ago. Back in the day you went to the local record store when it was open and bought your ticket. You hadn’t the luxury of picking a specific ticket or checking availability to see if they would sell out or not. Now you can watch the sales and buy a ticket at 9pm an hour before the gig starts. If I was in my teens, GnR is a ticket I’d buy the day before, why waste the cash in the meantime when I could be seeing 10 bands for $150 between now and then and I have the convenience of buying it from home. 

19 hours ago, felixGNR said:

every venue (except  the small ones) is selling poorly

The same exact things were said the last tour and then almost every show was 90%+ sold

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 2

I feel here in the US people went crazy the first time around in 2016. Then a couple years after . With tickets staying high, and people probably checking out YouTube , and seeing that Axl isn't what he used to be . And I'm not referring back to the 80/90's. I'm talking about 2016 to now . Quick story ..... My cousin from San Antonio texted  me , and asks, if I'm going to the GNR concert ? I told him based on how he sounds now , I don't think so. He was shocked and confused. He knows I'm a huge fan , and used to travel all North America to see them . He said if you're not going , it must not be worth it . Maybe, the word does get passed around, that Axl's voice is shot . No new music . Maybe , that is another small reason tickets are moving weak in the US. 

5 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The same exact things were said the last tour and then almost every show was 90%+ sold

I was at hersheypark 21' ( back sections empty, unlike 2017 ) also at Metlife 21( tons of empty seats)nothing compared to the 2 shows played there in 2016.

the excuse back then was its right after covid, whatever. 

Shows are selling poorly now even more than the 21' tour ,look at the metlife map. I know they aren't Taylor Swift but i don't  think lowering  the prices  would help them much.

8 hours ago, felixGNR said:

I was at hersheypark 21' ( back sections empty, unlike 2017 ) also at Metlife 21( tons of empty seats)nothing compared to the 2 shows played there in 2016.

Shows are selling poorly now even more than the 21' tour ,look at the metlife map. I know they aren't Taylor Swift but i don't  think lowering  the prices  would help them much.

I don’t know what concert you were at but there were not “tons of empty seats” at MetLife in 2021). 

Id post a panoramic video but I’m technologically stupid and can’t figure out how 😑😂

Edit: that is unless you are referring to the seats behind the stage.

Edited by B5Redeye
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

I don’t know what concert you were at but there were not “tons of empty seats” at MetLife in 2021). 

Id post a panoramic video but I’m technologically stupid and can’t figure out how 😑😂

Edit: that is unless you are referring to the seats behind the stage.

People just want to be negative. As said above, the same concerns are voiced about every new leg of touring. Then you go to the show, and the place is packed and everyone is going nuts. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, felixGNR said:

Hershey was over 95% sold (I was there too) and MetLife was over 93% sold. 

The 2021 tour was also the 7th highest grossing tour of that year.

The same exact things were said last time. That they couldn't fill the places they were playing, MetLife was selling slowly blah blah blah. It's the same narrative every time on this board and then every tour is a success 

Edited by Bitchisback
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

If it says the show is at 6 (I’m guessing that’s when the doors open) what’s the best time to line up to get in if u have pit tickets and u wanna get close, but not at the rail ? Maybe like 3 ppl from the rail 

7 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

I should’ve said at an arena. But it’s super important someone let me know thanks 

For GNR? Maybe like 1.5-2 hours before the doors open depending on which market the show's in.

But I gotta ask, why would you prefer to be a few people back from the rail instead of front row?

9 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Hershey was over 95% sold (I was there too) and MetLife was over 93% sold. 

The 2021 tour was also the 7th highest grossing tour of that year.

The same exact things were said last time. That they couldn't fill the places they were playing, MetLife was selling slowly blah blah blah. It's the same narrative every time on this board and then every tour is a success 

check the attendance  numbers please. I was there  on both shows( and over 13 since reunion) plus i don't  drink . So i don't  base my assumptions  on fuzzy memories

Metlife 2016. 55k

Metlife 2021 37k

Hershey 2017 31k

Hershey 2021 24k

on 2021 shows clearly hershey back sections were close off/empty (people moved to the front)

Metlife i can see on my sweet child o mine  video, tons of empty seats. especially in the 300 level.

Edited by felixGNR

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

For GNR? Maybe like 1.5-2 hours before the doors open depending on which market the show's in.

But I gotta ask, why would you prefer to be a few people back from the rail instead of front row?

Because I don’t want to get hit in the face when slash throws guitar pics and get a serious injury. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw them 5 times in 2016-17 and was front row for 4 of those shows - GNR pits are pretty chill, there's no risk of injury being on the rail.

Ik I was kidding I just don’t wanna get my hopes up to get at the rail if I don’t make it on time but rail is the goal

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

check the attendance  numbers please. I was there  on both shows( and over 13 since reunion) plus i don't  drink . So i don't  base my assumptions  on fuzzy memories

Metlife 2016. 55k

Metlife 2021 37k

Hershey 2017 31k

Hershey 2021 24k

on 2021 shows clearly hershey back sections were close off/empty (people moved to the front)

Metlife i can see on my sweet child o mine  video, tons of empty seats. especially in the 300 level.

The only way there was 18k less people is if the stage was further back and this more seats available for the 16 show.

I can’t believe it…I figured it out 😂

Edited by B5Redeye
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jeffc2022 said:

Ik I was kidding I just don’t wanna get my hopes up to get at the rail if I don’t make it on time but rail is the goal

I thought maybe you were worried about your ribs bashing against the rail or something :lol:

If you show up a couple hours before doors open you'll get a good spot, maybe on the rail. Are you trying to get a spot in the center of the pit or do you mind being off to the side?

On 2/28/2023 at 3:17 AM, WhazUp said:

GNR are on the long list of any other decently big artist, they can coast on casuals and not have to worry about being artists ever again.  Why bother releasing new art when you can make bank playing a set for 8 years that starts with ISE and ends with PC the same way every time

I am sorry that GNR ended up this way

It can't be stressed enough how much they're coasting on the brand and the songs people want to hear where the newest ones released in 1991 because I'd imagine only a small portion even know the existence of TSI, ChiDem, or the scattered singles since.

At this point they could continue doing this for as long as they want purely from the music they made and the legend they built around themselves from 1987-1993. Like they could take out almost all the Chinese Democracy songs with a shortened set and the casual audience might almost prefer it.

3 hours ago, felixGNR said:

Metlife 2016. 55k

Metlife 2021 37k

Hershey 2017 31k

Hershey 2021 24k

9ROpW5C_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I don't know what to tell you man. No fuck they didn't sell as much as in 2016.  Nobody is making that argument. That was probably one of the biggest tours of all time.  

The 2021 tour was very successful, venues were limiting attendance. Not every venue has to sell out to justify playing it. What makes more sense selling 35k seats at MetLife or 20k at MSG?  These aren't hard concepts to follow.  

Like I said almost every show in 2021 was 90%+ capacity.  Pull up the threads from back then and you will find the same exact comments you are making before the tour about how the can't play these venues anymore.  The comments were just as ridiculous back then.

Ticketmaster/LN is a data harvesting company. Do you honestly believe you are smarter than them with all the data they have and that they don't know where to book the band properly?   The literal audacity of it all. 

I can't have these arguments any more. There is no data out there that says 2021 was not attended well. There is plenty of data out there that says these shows and the whole tour was a big success. No matter what your memory says.

You simply don't know more than Ticketmaster. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

9ROpW5C_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I don't know what to tell you man. No fuck they didn't sell as much as in 2016.  Nobody is making that argument. That was probably one of the biggest tours of all time.  

The 2021 tour was very successful, venues were limiting attendance. Not every venue has to sell out to justify playing it. What makes more sense selling 35k seats at MetLife or 20k at MSG?  These aren't hard concepts to follow.  

Like I said almost every show in 2021 was 90%+ capacity.  Pull up the threads from back then and you will find the same exact comments you are making before the tour about how the can't play these venues anymore.  The comments were just as ridiculous back then.

Ticketmaster/LN is a data harvesting company. Do you honestly believe you are smarter than them with all the data they have and that they don't know where to book the band properly?   The literal audacity of it all. 

I can't have these arguments any more. There is no data out there that says 2021 was not attended well. There is plenty of data out there that says these shows and the whole tour was a big success. No matter what your memory says.

You simply don't know more than Ticketmaster. 

so maybe they will limit Metlife to 25k this time?makes more sense than MSG  no?

look at the chart playing fargodome ( an 20k venue)  and selling less than half the tickets is a success?

limiting attendance  and saying is almost sold out is just to save face (band/management  etc etc.

maybe we will see them playing only the lower bowl & floor and calling it a sold out show ( a mexican band did that joke last year).

All mighty Ticketmaster  can't  make mistakes Lol.

They should be playing Citifield ( or Yankees) not Metlife  in NYC. 

• Like 1

They way most ticket sales are doing in the US, it won't be as successful from the previous years (2016-now). And that's okay. You guys have fun and rock out ! The shows here in Texas are doing  pretty bad . Those 2 Texas shows should have been booked at an arena . 

Edited by batman007