2023 WORLD TOUR

SOYL absolutely could be an opener per se, even if just occasionally (but let’s not fool ourselves, they don’t make changes at the beginning of the set any longer), as it’s one of the songs that Axl can still nail, it’s in the right register; plus it’s an ass-kicker to start off the show with. However, the problem might be the timing – afaik he often couldn’t hear himself or whatever and was off when they played it, and that wouldn’t be good for the beginning of a concert. 

And I don’t even expect Jungle to return as an opener – ISE surely is way easier to sing and suitable to warm up with; he’s not getting any younger, is he. It’s fast-paced and mostly in the low register. Plus the cool bass at the beginning. Clear opener. 

As for PTU, he’d need the middle mild rasp for that one, which he doesn’t do any more, so Idk. I guess we’d end up with another Dead Horse, i.e. better off left in the past. 

Perfect Crime is not happening, I mean come on. 

Edited by jamillos

21 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

GNR are the same level now as Avenged Sevenfold and Korn? 

Not sure if they're bigger in the US but both those bands would struggle to do Arenas here unless it was part of some package tour. 

It's organized by date, they're on the last day and seem to be the headliners. It just looks kind of off because they're below those other bands. I like Avenged Sevenfold as their Guns influence has been obvious from City of Evil on. M. Shadows also has also hung out with Axl and likes Chinese Democracy.

2 minutes ago, mystery said:

It's organized by date, they're on the last day and seem to be the headliners. It just looks kind of off because they're below those other bands. I like Avenged Sevenfold as their Guns influence has been obvious from City of Evil on. M. Shadows also has also hung out with Axl and likes Chinese Democracy.

Yeah I got that, just those set of headliners with GNR in seemed a bit odd. I've no idea how popular they are in the US though. 

Just now, allwaystired said:

Yeah I got that, just those set of headliners with GNR in seemed a bit odd. I've no idea how popular they are in the US though. 

Avenged Sevenfold are popular enough but they never quite got to Guns N' Roses level. They're one of the few mainstream rock bands that started in the 2000s that have sustained success.

Avenged Sevenfold are odd though because their early sound is nothing like what they became. They went from metalcore to more standard hard rock/heavy metal. They're also rumored to be releasing a new album so a festival is timely for them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mystery said:

Avenged Sevenfold are popular enough but they never quite got to Guns N' Roses level. They're one of the few mainstream rock bands that started in the 2000s that have sustained success.

Avenged Sevenfold are odd though because their early sound is nothing like what they became. They went from metalcore to more standard hard rock/heavy metal. They're also rumored to be releasing a new album so a festival is timely for them.

I've never really listened to them. What song would you recommend as a good example of what they're like now? 

24 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've never really listened to them. What song would you recommend as a good example of what they're like now? 

Bat Country might be their signature song along with Seize the Day. Hail to the King,  Welcome to the Family, Nightmare, Beast and the Harlot, and Almost Easy are good songs.

The Stage was their most recent album and the highlight for me was Exist which is a really long but good mostly instrumental song about space featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson. The title track and Roman Sky are also good songs.

I'll be honest that their stuff can get repetitive but they've made enough music to have good songs even if some albums might be a slog. M. Shadows is cool but its hard to listen to a full album of his vocals as they can be grating. Their guitarists have always been legit though.

Edited by mystery
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mystery said:

Bat Country might be their signature song along with Seize the Day. Hail to the King,  Welcome to the Family, Nightmare, Beast and the Harlot, and Almost Easy are good songs.

The Stage was their most recent album and the highlight for me was Exist which is a really long but good mostly instrumental song about space featuring Neil deGrasse Tyson. The title track and Roman Sky are also good songs.

I'll be honest that their stuff can get repetitive but they've made enough music to have good songs even if some albums might be a slog. M. Shadows is cool but its hard to listen to a full album of his vocals as they can be grating. Their guitarists have always been legit though.

Thanks! I'll have a listen. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Snapinsta.app_1080_336000374_197478812915982_460819466694460516_n.thumb.jpg.796fac7603537e1ae68930f8ff7ad982.jpg

I wanted GnR to play Louder than Life so bad, it breaks my heart they are playing aftershock instead lol. 

Ok well. LTL gets announced tomorrow and should be an awesome lineup.  Hoping for Avenged, Queens and Tool at least!

And I get to see GNR on Hershey so it's a win win.

Speaking as someone from the UK (Wales), GnR are way more known/popular than those other two bands here. One of the most popular American bands over here, even more so than the likes of Aerosmith/Kiss I'd say.

Edited by JD89
  • Like 1