2023 WORLD TOUR

On 3/1/2023 at 8:41 AM, PatrickS77 said:

I'm sure that is a point. People always go, "Oh, there's so many seats left, they must have lost money.", which really isn't the case. Especially if all the tickets are so overpriced. They don't make as much money, as they wish they would, but still enough to make it worthwhile. And I guess it also depends on how much it actually costs to rent a stadium. If they have good deals, it probably isn't really all that much more expensive than an arena or a smaller stadium. Either way, they know so much more than we do.

Good points. For all we know there's more money to be made selling 25 000 out of 50 000 stadium tickets than selling out an arena that only holds 12 000 in a concert configuration despite the stadium only being "half full" or not sold out or whatever. Still doubles the arena capacity in terms of foot traffic.

5 hours ago, felixGNR said:

so maybe they will limit Metlife to 25k this time?makes more sense than MSG  no?

look at the chart playing fargodome ( an 20k venue)  and selling less than half the tickets is a success?

limiting attendance  and saying is almost sold out is just to save face (band/management  etc etc.

maybe we will see them playing only the lower bowl & floor and calling it a sold out show ( a mexican band did that joke last year).

All mighty Ticketmaster  can't  make mistakes Lol.

They should be playing Citifield ( or Yankees) not Metlife  in NYC. 

Holy shit dude it waa one of the top 10 grossing tours of the year. It was a huge success.  The negativity some people have around here is mind blowingly unbelievable 

https://www.billboard.com/pro/guns-n-roses-tour-earnings-2021/

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Axl_morris said:

Paris has more sections released that were previously "sold out"

Haha this tour is something else.

So how are sales going in your area, fellows? 😎

Back seats and in the curves are still heavily available, people here dont wanna spend 150-180 euros on these.

I’m still waiting on Felix to watch my video which was taken 2 mins before ISE (so even more so people in the pisser getting drinks) and tell me exactly where he sees “tons of empty seats”.

and it’s pretty well known the Fargo was the absolute worst selling show so go grasp another straw.

Edited by B5Redeye

Just now, B5Redeye said:

I’m still waiting on Felix to watch my video which was taken 2 mins before ISE (so even more so people in the pisser getting drinks) and tell me exactly where he sees “tons of empty seats”.

In the US people keep on saying prices will drop. We'll see how it goes in Europe. I think they should have tried smaller venues. Oh well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, k12 said:

cant believe I just dropped $461 on a ticket :wacko:

Not too bad really if you think about an “average” ticket cost.

going to 2 shows so far this year, my average is $477. I’d venture this is around the average price paid.

18 minutes ago, B5Redeye said:

and it’s pretty well known the Fargo was the absolute worst selling show so go grasp another straw.

do you need glasses ?all those gray spots are empty seats.

double check box office numbers

35k attended  Metlife in 2021

over 50k the one in 2016.

I have a sweet child o mine video with the  about the same amount of empty seats.

• Like 1

Do you need glasses to see where all those are? Parallel or behind the stage. They weren’t even for sale. If you look at the MetLife show for 2023 you will see this.

As pointed out earlier the show was 93.7% sold. Even if it was 100% sold in 2017 numbers don’t add up.

The stage was moved.

Edited by B5Redeye

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Holy shit dude it waa one of the top 10 grossing tours of the year. It was a huge success.  The negativity some people have around here is mind blowingly unbelievable 

https://www.billboard.com/pro/guns-n-roses-tour-earnings-2021/

People have a hard time compromising that the band can be this successful at this stage of their career divorced from the actual quality of the performances.

The legacy of the band combined with how much touring makes compared to 30 years ago makes this version of the band magnitudes more successful than the band that legitimately kicked ass in their prime.

Its not unique to them but the lack of ambition combined with that makes them somewhat unique.

Edited by mystery

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I saw them 5 times in 2016-17 and was front row for 4 of those shows - GNR pits are pretty chill, there's no risk of injury being on the rail.

How is the view of the rest of stage when your on the rail? , I’ve been in pit area only a couple of times but never at the rail, usually end up about half way back in pit 

4 minutes ago, Tat2brian77 said:

How is the view of the rest of stage when your on the rail? , I’ve been in pit area only a couple of times but never at the rail, usually end up about half way back in pit 

Vegas 2016 night one I was way off on Slash's side, I could see Axl and Slash fine but it was harder to see Duff and Fortus at times.

5Jr2G11.jpg

Seattle 2016 I was basically front row center, had a good view of everything

WYq4iiB.jpg

In 2017 I was on Duff's side of the runway, still easy to see everything

Vancouver

a4poZOI.jpg

Gorge

Qj7CRQC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Vegas 2016 night one I was way off on Slash's side, I could see Axl and Slash fine but it was harder to see Duff and Fortus at times.

5Jr2G11.jpg

WYq4iiB.jpg

Vancouver

a4poZOI.jpg

Gorge

Qj7CRQC.jpg

I’m jealous 😂

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, WillBailey said:

In the US people keep on saying prices will drop. We'll see how it goes in Europe. I think they should have tried smaller venues. Oh well.

I wonder ..... just wondering guys !! If in some venues they don't hit 10,000 , would they switch it to an arena ? Or could they? In some stadiums, it's not going well. And I don't think tickets will massively take off . I know people buy tickets closer to the date . And especially the day off, but not feeling it on this one . 

4 hours ago, batman007 said:

I wonder ..... just wondering guys !! If in some venues they don't hit 10,000 , would they switch it to an arena ? Or could they? In some stadiums, it's not going well. And I don't think tickets will massively take off . I know people buy tickets closer to the date . And especially the day off, but not feeling it on this one . 

They definitely can if another smaller venue is available on the same day, but it would be a letdown for sure.

Thing is, as was mentioned in the thread, we dont know if they arent profitable even if venues are 50% filled, and local promoters had no clue about the state of the market for the band apparently...(especially with those prices)

Why are people blaming the never ending tour for getting in the way of a new album? They tour what? Half of the year… the other half they can easily make a new album or a few singles. The no new music is on Axl, not the tour.

As many said, money is on touring. But I understand why many are burnt out with the never ending tour. Glad I live where they only visited once, so whenever I have the chance to see them abroad, it is a blast.

11 hours ago, B5Redeye said:

Do you need glasses to see where all those are? Parallel or behind the stage. They weren’t even for sale. If you look at the MetLife show for 2023 you will see this.

As pointed out earlier the show was 93.7% sold. Even if it was 100% sold in 2017 numbers don’t add up.

The stage was moved.

gosh you really need to go to the eye doctor, parallel or behind the stage seats don't  count.

see your own video  to see the gray spots between people in all the levels.

stage was moved thats bullshit. i have been to more than 20 shows at Metlife Stadium.

if you have an end stage set up. always starts with the same sections. unless they open limited side view.

94% sold on a limited capacity.

maybe this time should   try to get 100%  at extremely limited  capacity.

look at Metallica 90% sold on 2017

they are playing this summer 

in the round 2 DATES

thats a capacity of over 80k per show/date

and both dates are around 70-75% sold.

look at how gnr date is selling.

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

5Jr2G11.jpg

WYq4iiB.jpg

Vancouver

a4poZOI.jpg

Gorge

Qj7CRQC.jpg

Thanks for sharing , and great pics 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, felixGNR said:

gosh you really need to go to the eye doctor, parallel or behind the stage seats don't  count.

see your own video  to see the gray spots between people in all the levels.

stage was moved thats bullshit. i have been to more than 20 shows at Metlife Stadium.

if you have an end stage set up. always starts with the same sections. unless they open limited side view.

94% sold on a limited capacity.

maybe this time should   try to get 100%  at extremely limited  capacity.

in the round 2 DATES

so you think because every single soul wasn’t sitting in their seat at the time of that video there were “tons of empty seats”?

Ok let me help you since math isn’t your strong suit.

we are going to say it was 100% sold in 2016 at 55000. In 21 it was 93.7% sold at 37000.

whats 6.3% of 55000? Doing it in my head it’s 3465 but feel free to check. How do account for the other 14535 without the stage being moved?

like I said your numbers don’t add up, math can not be argued with.

There weren’t “tons of empty seats”.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, batman007 said:

They could potentially do that, but I imagine it's way easier to just play the stadium regardless and give away loads of tickets to fill the seats and hope all those people buy merch/beers. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, felixGNR said:

in the round 2 DATES

I can get a 2 day Metallica ticket for $90. No wonder they’re selling better

• Like 2